>>>>>> to Suboxone
    scott4251 is offline New Member

Default >>>>>> to Suboxone

I was wondering how many hours you have to wait after shooting >>>>>> before you can take Suboxone? I have only been shooting >>>>>> for about a week now, but I have been doing quite a bit a day, about half a gram, but I want to stop and switch back to my suboxone, I am just sick of this life, before this it was vicodin and stuff like that, then it was methadone, which I have been through the withdrawals 3 times, two of those times being the precipitated withdrawals from taking the suboxone too early, and now it's >>>>>>, I just want out!!! So any help would be greatly appreciated, I just want to make damn sure I don't take the suboxone too early this time. So again, my question is how many hours do you need to wait after shooting >>>>>> before you can take suboxone after I have been shooting about a half a gram a day for about a week now? I was planning on getting myself down to just a pack a day for about a week, then switching to suboxone after that, but I'm not sure if that's the best way to go about it so that's why I am asking u guys. Someone please help me...

Thank You,

Scott

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by scott4251 View Post
    I was wondering how many hours you have to wait after shooting >>>>>> before you can take Suboxone? I have only been shooting >>>>>> for about a week now, but I have been doing quite a bit a day, about half a gram, but I want to stop and switch back to my suboxone, I am just sick of this life, before this it was vicodin and stuff like that, then it was methadone, which I have been through the withdrawals 3 times, two of those times being the precipitated withdrawals from taking the suboxone too early, and now it's >>>>>>, I just want out!!! So any help would be greatly appreciated, I just want to make damn sure I don't take the suboxone too early this time. So again, my question is how many hours do you need to wait after shooting >>>>>> before you can take suboxone after I have been shooting about a half a gram a day for about a week now? I was planning on getting myself down to just a pack a day for about a week, then switching to suboxone after that, but I'm not sure if that's the best way to go about it so that's why I am asking u guys. Someone please help me...

Thank You,

Scott

Scott ... you need to be clean from the junk for three days. Les than that will mess you up if you are like everyone else who makes this switch. And this time stay ONLY on the suboxone and give yourself a chance to get your life back. Good luck.

rnewton8 is offline Member

everyone's case is different because of factors such as the amount of the drug and purity you are using, frequency of use, and your metabolism to the drug, and your reaction to suboxone. My experience has been that i tried switching over from doing H and waited 24 hours and it wasnt enough time. I didnt get real sick, but i didnt feel any better, just slightly worse, got more cold chills and hot flashes and started sweating. Speaking for myself, I have to wait more than 24 hours to go from H to suboxone. Some ppl can do it sooner. I think the best indicator of when you are safe to take it is when you start going into heavy withdrawals. Then you know its safe, when you are cold sweating, and have diarhea and puking, eyes dialited, then it is gauranteed safe to take sub and supposedly you will feel better. I wish i had the courage and the strenght to do what you are doing and come off the smack but i am just staying out there screwing up my life instead of getting clean. Good luck and God bless u on ur journey to get clean again,

I know for methadone u gotta wait at least three days before taking suboxone because of it's long half life, the last time I switched I waited 4 1/2 jus to be safe. When I switched from vicodin to suboxone I was taking about 40 750's a day and I even took 8 right before I went to bed the night before my induction and I didn't get sick at all from the suboxone and it had only been maybe 10 hrs tops, because vicodin doesn't stay in ur system long. So the thing I don't understand is I have read that >>>>>> stays in your system for about the same amount of time as vicodin as far as it's half life, so I don't see why I have to wait 3 days, because with the vicodin I really only waited overnght while I slept. I figured I would only have to wait like 12 hrs especially if I get down to a pack a day. If I'm completely wrong about all of this will someone please let me know why and how you know. Ya know, like maybe u or a friend has made the switch from >>>>>> to suboxone and u know for a fact what ur saying is true, from experiencing the same thing.

Thank You Everyone,

Scott

Default Scott

It's three days to be sure you're not going to get sick.I've been doing this a while. Read some posts ... they are all over the forum. If you want to take the suboxone after 12 or 24 hours and puke your guts out go for it. I am telling you what works. Suit yourself.

I think you may have misunderstood what I meant in that last post. I'm sure you know more than me about this, I have never come off of >>>>>> before and really I was only asking to learn more. I just meant it's hard for me to understand why, if vicodin and >>>>>> are in your system for about the same amount of time, u have to wait longer to take suboxone when switching from >>>>>>. I didn't mean to seem like I didn't believe what u were saying, so I'm sorry if that's what it sounded like. I really just said I wanna know why it is different between the two for learning purposes. I also just wanted to be sure you know I have only been shooting it for a little over a week now, and I am fairly sick every morning I wake up, jus like I was when I was addicted to vicodin, so it just all seems the same as vicodin, like it's not staying in my system very long. So I was just wondering, knowing that, if you think I might be able to switch after 12 hrs or so, like I did with vicodin? And I said something about wanting to know if u or a friend had been through the same situation before, as far as switching after only shooting for one week, because I can kinda understand waiting for 3 days if I had been shooting for months or yrs, but it jus seems like it wouldn't take that long after only shooting for a week. Once again, only asking to learn, to learn what makes it so different from vicodin if they are in your system about the same amount of time. One more thing, I'm sure you can prolly tell I jus want u to say what I wanna hear, haha, that I don't have to be sick for three days and that I can switch to suboxone just like I did from vicodin, the next morning, that's y I keep asking the same question, jus praying ur answer will change into some good news, lol.

Thanks,

Scott

bev49 is offline Banned

Robert, I beg to respectfully disagree. My doctor said 3 days for methadone and 36 hours for >>>>>> and/or pills, but Scott, that would be a DEFINITE 36 hours, not even a little bit less. If you get high on H on a Monday, for example, do not start the sub til Wednesday. Tuesday will be a ********************py day, but you should not get sick from the sub.

Even if I get myself down to 1 pack of >>>>>> a day I would still have to wait 36 hours? It seems like if I was that low I could switch the next day. For about a month before this I was doin about 1/2 gram on both Sat and Sun then switching to suboxone on Mon without feeling sick at all. That's why I feel since I have only been shooting for a week and I plan to get down to 1 pack a day that I should be able to switch after 12-24 hrs. What do you guys think about that? Still 36hrs? One more question, if I do switch too early from >>>>>> to suboxone is it just like going through precipiatated withdrawals (however u spell that) from switching too early from methadone to suboxone? because I have been through that twice and I jus wanted to kill myself, it was absolute hell, or is it just that u don't feel any better and maybe a little worse when going from >>>>>> to suboxone to early, and if you do switch too early and get sick can you shoot >>>>>> right away to feel better again? I know it sounds stupid, but I need to know because I cannot afford to get sick again, so it would be nice to know?

Thanks again,

Scott

bev49 is offline Banned

If you start too early you will definitely go into precipitated withdrawal. I don't understand why you do not want to wait the 36 hours, especially since you went through the withdrawl thing twice. The precipitated withdrawl will be the same as if you were on methadone. ONly difference is if you hd been on methadone, you would have to wait a full 72 hours. You are looking for someone to tell you it's ok to take the sub sooner. You have gone through the consequences of that. Why not just give it the 36 hours? I was on methadone for many, many years and the doctor told me to wait 72 hours. I had my last dose of meth Sunday morning and got the sub Wednesday morning. Monday was fine, Tuesday sucked, but when I took the sub I felt perfectly fine within 30 minutes. Better safe than sorry, Scott. Good luck.

rnewton8 is offline Member

This message is for the op who originally posted. I am confused about your post. Could you please clarify how long you have been using opiates for on this last run. From the way that i am reading it, I gather you have only been using for a week. If this is the case, then what you might be experiencing when you wake up is not withdrawals but simply a hangover. If i am not mistaken, it takes a little longer than a week to get addicted to most opiates including herion. So could you please clarify how long you have been using for. And i personally did the switch from >>>>>> to suboxone at least five times varying the length of time i waited before induction each time, and the longest I have waited has been 24 hours and i can tell you from experience that that was not long enough for me, because when i took the suboxone i did not feel better but worse, not terribly worse, but i could tell i got very light case of precip. withdrawals. Like I said before in my earlier post, the best indication is too be in moderate withdrawal. Try looking at the COWL test. Clinical opiate Withdrawal Exam Test or something. Its on this site and it gives you a way to measure how much withdrawal you are in quantitatively with a numerical score. If you are scoring real high on that you shouldnt have much to worry about. That is what the doctors use when they go through the induction process with suboxone patients, or at least that is what they are suppose to use. take Care and good luck bro

Here is the link for the COWS worksheet. COWS is Clinical Opiate Withdrawl Scale. This worksheet is fairly reliable as this is what drs use.

http://www.drugs.com/resources/opioi...wal-record.pdf

You need to have an accumulative score of a minimum of 26 before you begin the suboxone.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 08-31-2011 at 10:22 PM.

I have been shooting >>>>>> for a week and 5 days now, that's what I kept trying to get accross to people is that when I first posted it had been a little over a week, that's y I thought I could switch sooner. And to answer ur question, iv been through withdrawals quite a few times, I'm pretty sure they are withdrawals because I have cold sweats, hot flashes, and diarreah every morning until I shoot up. But I have an idea and I wanna know what u guys think, but I do not want people telling me it's a bad idea, I just want to know if it will work or not. I know u can switch to suboxone right from methadone if you are on 30 mg or less a day. So I was wondering if I can just stop shooting >>>>>>, switch to methadone and just take 1 or 2 10's a day for a week or so, then switch right to suboxone? Again, I don't need anyone telling me wether it's a good idea or not, I just would really appreciate an honest yes or no answer and why it will or won't work.

Thank you so much for ur help everyone,

Scott

bev49 is offline Banned

You cannot switch to suboxone right from taking methadone. In fact, if you are taking methadone for any length of time, the wait is longer, 72 hours. You cannot take the methadone to get you through the period your're supposed to be taking nothing. There is no easy way out. If you want to start suboxone treatment, you have to spend some time on nothing at all. Taking the meth in between the >>>>>> and suboxone will not nothing to make the switch easier.

Really? I'm so confused, I have read on multiple forums on here that u can switch right to suboxone from methadone as long as you are down to 30mg or less. Can someone please explain why all those people said that if u can't do it.

I just wanna make sure anyone replying to my last post understands exactly what my situation is. I have only been shooting >>>>>> for almost 2 weeks now and I was planning on stopping, and switching to methadone and only taking like 10 or 20 mg a day for a day or 2 just till the >>>>>> is outta my system, so I don't think I'm gonna be addicted to the methadone, then I was gonna switch directly to suboxone the next day. I have heard of people switching to suboxone directly from methadone as long as they were at 30mg or lower and I'm only talking about 10mg. I have also read about people who have been on methadone for 5 yrs getting down below 30mg and successfully switching directly to suboxone. That's y I'm really surprised some people r saying it won't work. Especially when I'm only talking about taking like 10mg for 1 or 2 days till the >>>>>>e outta my system then switchng to suboxone, I jus thought it wouldn't be a problem. Is there anyone out there who has tried or know someone who has tried the exact same thing, so I know for a fact if it will work or not? Otherwise, my best bet would jus be to shoot >>>>>> for the last time on Friday, then wait until Sunday or Monday to take the suboxone right?

Thanks,

Scott

bev49 is offline Banned

Scott, you have never heard of someone being on 30 mgs. of methadone for 5 years and then switching directly to suboxone the day after their last dose. If you heard of someone who did that, I promise you they also went into major and severe precipitated withdrawal. I cant' speak to your case. If you are only using for a very short time, why do you even want to switch to suboxone? Why not just wean from whatever you're on (meth or >>>>>>?) I know for a fact noone here said you can go from meth to sub the next day. If would be wrong. I really don't think you are actually addicted if you're only using for a few week. Mentally addicted, definitely. Physically addicted. Not sure. I would still advise you to wait at least a full day before starting sub.

yea, if u read some of the posts in the topic "maximum of methadone before suboxone" in this same forum a few people in there claim they have switched directly from methadone to sub. One of them said he was on methadone for 4 or 5 yrs. But anyway, my next question is if I switch too early and hit precipitated withdrawals could I shoot up again to come out of it? I know it's a bad idea, but I jus wanna know if u can do it.

Thanks,

Scott

bev49 is offline Banned

they said they went from meth to sub... they did not say they went DIRECTLY from meth to sub. I went from meth to sub so i know what i'm talking about, Scott. Talking about shooting up on a forum where people come for help to get clean is not the best idea and I don't know the answer to your question but I imagine the naloxone in the sub woud stop the opiate from having any affect and make it a waste of your time and money.

No, some of the posts on there even use the word "directly" from meth to sub. And I know what I'm talkin about too bro, iv switched from meth to sub 3 or 4 times now and two of the times I took the sub to early and went through that precipitated withdrawal bull********************, so I have been to hell and back a couple times too. And I'm not jus on here talkin about shootin up cause I wanna get high or jus to talk about it, I wanna get off the ******************** and never touch another opiate again, cause I'm jus sick a livin like this, I swear I been addicted to every opiate there is and I jus want out, I can't take it anymore. The only reason I said anything about shootin up is jus cause if I do take the suboxone too early I cannot afford to be sick again, so it would jus be nice to know if it would make it go away. But I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I know this is where people come to get help, y do u think I'm here? I thought about ending it all a couple times because my life had gotten so bad because of these stupid ********************in drugs. I mean I would never do that because I think it's a really selfish thing to do, especially if u have alot of friends and family who care about u, but the thought has crossed my mind and I do see why people have done it. I guess my point is I am trying to get help, I know that's what these forums are for and I'm sorry if I offended anyone because I didn't mean to, I just wanna learn and know as much as I can about my options in the situation I have gotten myself into this time.

Scott

So, since my only option is to be sick, here's my question. If I shoot up for the last time Friday and wait 36hrs or jus all the way until monday morning to take the sub, will I feel 100% when I do take it after 36hrs or will I still be kinda sick after I take it. Cause iv switched from meth to sub a few times so I know even if u do it right and wait long enough u still feel pretty ********************ty for a few days after that, cold sweats in the morning ect.. I mean, when I got off of taken 40 750mg vics a day, I got on suboxone the next day and I felt great. So I'm jus wondering if I do wait the full 36hrs to switch from >>>>>> to suboxone am I gonna feel great as soon as I take the sub like I did when getting off vicodin or will it be more like going from meth to sub and I'll be sick still even after I take the sub for a few days after?

Thank You,

Scott

bev49 is offline Banned

Hi Scott. First off, I'm not a bro, I'm female. Secondly, regardless of what anyone wrote in a post, I promise you if you take the sub too early you will get sick with severe withdrawal. It has happened to you twice before, so why even question it? You already know the answer to that question from personal experience. I was on 80 mgs. of methadone for 30 YEARS and I then brought my dose down to 25 mgs. 3 years ago and 20 mgs. 2 weeks before starting the sub. I waited a full 72 hours which was unpleasant to say the least but bearable and I felt 100% fine after my first dose of 4 mgs. I started out 5 weeks ago taking 16 mgs. of sub a day and have since decreased my dose to 8 mgs. a day, 4 in the a.m. and 4 at about dinnertime. I do not have any withdrawal symptoms. I advise you to wait the 36 hours, do not shoot dope, go through a moderate withdrawal and then start the sub. Of course, everyone is different but I believe you will not have any problems if you do it that way. I understand suicidal thoughts. I have had them myself over the years but you are correct. It is the most selfish thing a person can do. They leave behind alot of misery. Once you hit bottom, there is no place to go but up. Remeber that. The sub will work if you don't f it up.

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

scott.... if you done it before then you know what will happen, why keep asking,

I went from meth and more to sub..... I waited 24 hours as my doc told me too and I was sick as can be...... It took two days before I was able to get up and even take the vomitous sheet off my bed. SO>.. be smart this time and wait 72hours. IF you do get sick (sure you wont if you wait) . then maybe sub is not for you.

As far as herion..... that is short acting... 36 hours should be enough. You should not get sick but feel "normal". I take it your not getting your sub from a Doc.. If you take the suboxone, then fire herion..well, then why take the suboxone at all. But Suboxone has narcan in it but by mouth it wil not do much at all. I have to say this is not from experience as I wanted to get clean. I have not taken any narcotics since the sub.

Just do what you want.... but now you know what is suggested.

Sister

Quote Originally Posted by scott4251 View Post
    So, since my only option is to be sick, here's my question. If I shoot up for the last time Friday and wait 36hrs or jus all the way until monday morning to take the sub, will I feel 100% when I do take it after 36hrs or will I still be kinda sick after I take it. Cause iv switched from meth to sub a few times so I know even if u do it right and wait long enough u still feel pretty ********************ty for a few days after that, cold sweats in the morning ect.. I mean, when I got off of taken 40 750mg vics a day, I got on suboxone the next day and I felt great. So I'm jus wondering if I do wait the full 36hrs to switch from >>>>>> to suboxone am I gonna feel great as soon as I take the sub like I did when getting off vicodin or will it be more like going from meth to sub and I'll be sick still even after I take the sub for a few days after?

Thank You,

Scott

This makes the 11th time you've repeated the exact same basic questions since the 18th on this thread alone. That is four days and 11 repeats of the same questions on one thread. You're obviously not going to get ANYONE who knows what they are talking about to tell you it's ok to do what you want to do. So why not just follow the suggestions or else do what you want. This is ridiculous. There are a bunch of people here who need help getting clean and are ready to take suggestions and act responsibly thereafter. If you want to shoot dope then do it. If you want to start on suboxone right after you shoot a bag do it. If you want to go on suboxone and shoot dope afterwards you can do that too. But please quit repeating the same questions over and over again. I'm sure you don't like me and that is okay too. This has got to be one of the goofiest threads I have ever seen. A big waste of time.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 08-21-2008 at 06:36 PM.

bev49 is offline Banned

Robert, I just have to say you post made my day. It is quite funny and very entertaining . I was ready to explode myself, going back and forth again and again about not going straight to sub. And the funny thing is he did it TWICE and went into severe withdrawal both times. If we tell him its ok to go straight from meth to sub, do you think he thinks it will be OK this time because we said so? Your post did give me a laugh. Thanks.

This is not a game for people here. This is serious. People's lives are at stake and someone is all concerned about when they should shoot >>>>>>. It pi$$es me off.

bev49 is offline Banned

I agree, Robert. It was just the way you responded that struck me as funny. He was getting so ridiculous with his arguing about something he knew the answer to.

Robert, I started a thread about mixing suboxone and subutex. Sis answered that she THOUGHT it would be ok to mix. Hopefully you know for sure. Please answer that question in that thread if you possibly can. Thanks.

I wasn't trying to annoy anyone. I was jus getting frustrated thinking people were responding to what I was asking without reading all my previous posts because I was just getting general answers about everything. So I just kept asking the same questions. I guess I just thought if u were not addicted to methadone that u could switch directly to sub, but I don't know y I thought that, ur right I'm an idiot and I have done it twice now so I should know. And I do get my suboxone from my doctor, whoever asked that, I have been on it for 2 yrs. And I'm not on here asking when to shoot up, I only asked if I did happen to take the suboxone too soon after >>>>>> if I could shoot to take the sickness away. I know it's stupid, but I have arready missed so much work because of this ******************** and if I miss anymore I could lose my job and everything else. I know it's all my fault, but trust me, I'm not on here asking questions to get high, I don't ever wanna get high again, it's just so hard to get away from it because of the things I could lose in the process, I know I shouldn't have gotten off the sub in the first place, but I jus feel like I need the ******************** sometimes and I hate it, I need help and I don't know what to do. I'm gonna wait the 36hrs like everyone told me, I really appreciate everyone help, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I'm just scared because everytime I relapse and get off my suboxone it completely messes up every aspect of my life, yet I still feel like this isn't the last time it's gonna happen and that scares me to death, because next time I might not have another chance. So really I just need help staying clean once I get there, it's just really hard and nothing has worked so far.

Thank You,

Scott

and actually, now that i think about it, I guess the reason I'm confused about everything is there were other times I relapsed where I took methadone or >>>>>> just on Saturday and Sunday and took my suboxone again Monday. I guess I just wanted to know for sure if it would send u into precipitated withdrawals if u only took something for a couple days and weren't addicted to it. That's y I was wondering if anyone has done that jus so I might avoid getting sick again and losing my job. But if u guys say it won't work I'll listen to u. But really, I jus need an explanation of y I have been able to shoot or take methadone over the weekend, then take suboxone Monday and feel fine. No, I'm not asking so I can keep doing that, I'm not proud that I did, I just forgot that I did that and I'm wondering why I was able to, but wouldn't be able to now.

Thanks,

Scott

Default Scott

Look dude. Here is the deal. No one minds answering your questions and trying to help. That is what this forum is for. You aren't offending anyone, you're just repeating the same things over and again. It's impossible to tell someone exactly why this happens or that happens in a specific situation for one particular person. All we can do is share how things work for people in general. It's the law of large numbers. That is how most everything works in this world ... according to how it affects large numbers of people not one specific person. You can always find ONE exception to almost any rule if you look hard enough and far enough.

You have heard from several knowledgeable and experienced people repeatedly how long someone should be in w/d before starting on suboxone whether coming off methadone or >>>>>> or whatever. Whether or not you were able to use suboxone and >>>>>> both close to each other and it did not affect you adversely when you did it is an isolated incident. Isolated incidents don't always come with an explanation as to why you could do what you did and someone else would get sick doing the same thing. I have done things with drugs that should have killed me and probably would have most people. But there is no logical reason for what I did. I surely wouldn't tell someone else to do it because I did it and didn't die.

If you want to do this using suboxone then I suggest you do one of two things. Either follow the suggestions of the people who have been kind enough to share with you on the forum or else disregard what they say and do it the way you want to. Those are only two options available. None of this has anything to do with being stupid, or annoying people, or any of that. We have all been stupid and we have all certainly annoyed people. But there just isn't anything else to discuss on this subject. You have the suggestions right in front of you. Whether or not you decide to adhere to those suggestions is totally up to you.

I do hope that you are successful with this. I mean that sincerely. No one wants to hurt your feelings or be rude. It's just that there are LOTS of people posting and asking for help on this forum as you have seen. We can only answer a question so many times with so many different scenarios and pretty soon it starts to become annoying. I am sure you can understand that if you think about it. We wish you the best of luck and hope you are successful with getting clean. And we would like to have you post again and let us know that you are successful cleaning up. We just don't have the time to discuss the same subject over and over and over and over again.

It's totally normal to be scared and not know what to do. That is addiction. But when you stop and get clean lots of that will disappear. You just have to have the guts and fortitude to take this on and stick it out until you are clean for some time. Then things will be better. Good luck.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 08-22-2008 at 05:42 PM.