help!!!!! Xanax is not working
    bkbkj is offline New Member

Default help!!!!! Xanax is not working

Xanax has worked for me for years-I led a somewhat normal life-I was happy
    Xanax is not working now. I am for the most part homebound-not entirely-but I feel its getting close
    Has anyone tried something other than xanax that works [in that drug group]I have this terrible feeling of dread that nothing is going to work for me, terrified actually-all I think about is this darn anxiety and try and figure out ways to make it stop-nothing right now works and of course that makes the anxiety worse
    Any help is so welcome-I will always keep fighting the anxiety but I am so tired.
    Kay

gator7 is offline New Member

Kay, you are probably in tolerance to the xanax. with its very short half-life it is easy to build up tolerance. You would need a longer acting benzo such as klonopin. It is just as strong as xanax, but with a longer half-life. You would probably need to do a gradual crossover rather than jumping from 1 to the other. Hope this has helped some. God Bless. Gator.

c/t off 3mg of klonopin in 2002-almost died. Reinstated 4 months later and doing a very slow taper.

Dan Starsiak is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by bkbkj

Xanax is not working now. I am for the most part homebound-not entirely-but I feel its getting close
    Has anyone tried something other than xanax that works [in that drug group]I have this terrible feeling of dread that nothing is going to work for me, terrified actually-all I think about is this darn anxiety and try and figure out ways to make it stop-nothing right now works and of course that makes the anxiety worse
    Any help is so welcome-I will always keep fighting the anxiety but I am so tired.
    Kay

Ron714 is offline Junior Member

quote:Originally posted by Dan Starsiak

quote:Originally posted by bkbkj

Kay
    [:I]YES I TOTALLY AGREE , I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE XANAX , I SWITCHED IN ONE DAY 2 KLONOPIN , ITS BEEN 10 YEARS , I HAVE BEEN TAKING THE KLONOPIN , I AM NOW TAKING 6 MG, A DAY THAT 3 PILLS OF THE 2.0 MGS , XANAX WAS MAKING ME SHAKE MORE AFTER YEARS OF BEING ON IT , AND IT WOULD ONLY LAST 4 HOURS AND I DISCOVERED KLONOPIN IN A MENTAL PLACE THATS HOW BAD THE XANAX WAS MAKING ME FEEL , THERE WAS OTHER PROBLEMS BUT IT WAS EASIER TO COPE WITH BY TAKING THE KLONOPIN , AND YOU DON'T GET THE HIGH FEELING BEING ON IT , LIKE XANAX , HOPE I AM NOT SCARING YOU BUT IT KLONOPIN IS VERY HARD TO COME OFF OF ALSO , BUT IN MY CASE I CAN'T COME OFF, ANOTHER THING GREAT ABOUT THE KLONOPIN IS YOU DON'T CRAVE LIKE YOU WOULD A XANAX , SO GOOD LUCK, AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT THINGS THAT ARE NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN TO YOU , I WORRIED ALL MY LIFE , I SUFFERED PANIC TERRIBLY WAS NOT LEAVING THE HOUSE , WEIRD THOUGHT ALL ON XANAX , TOUCH WOOD NOTHING LIKE THAT WITH THE KLONOPIN.
    GOD BLESS YOU I FEEL FOR YOU
    BE GOOD TO YOURSELF
    RON

emilypants is offline New Member

i was on klonopin but my doctor was afraid that i was going to become to dependant, i suffer from HORRIBLE constant anxiety attacks, i sqitched to xanax after about 2 yrs of klonopin, but i think ur best bet is klonopin or if ur on any medecines for adhd or add then to stop taking them, it causes the anxiety to get worse and more frequent, but klonopin is DEFINATLY good,i recomend 100% to try it.

emily weidemann

mamaearl3 is offline New Member

Xanax: My husband was taking it for the worst days. Finally went over the edge, and the psych Dr. started him on Effexor, 225mg each morning, then klonopin for the break through days. Have taken no klonopin for months now. Effexor seems to be doing the job. He has bipolar disorder with psychotic episodes. From 10mg, and now 5mg of Zyprexa is working for the psychosis. He prefers klonopin over xanax because it works for a longer period of time, like xanax works for 4 hours and klonopin can work much longer than that. He also has RA, and is in remission for bladder cancer. He's starting Humira after this week. Wish us luck.