• 1 Post By ssmnrl
  • 4 Post By caughtagain
  • 1 Post By Crystalclear651
  • 1 Post By rxqueen83
  • 1 Post By Comeback Kid
  • 1 Post By rxqueen83
HELP with suboxone PLEASE! Trying to quit H and got my hands on some Subs
    ssmnrl is offline New Member

Default HELP with suboxone PLEASE! Trying to quit H and got my hands on some Subs

I have been doing dope for about 2 years now. Never injected, just snorted thank god. Also, thank god that I have no contacts and only got it through a friend of mine. He's also my best friend and has promised not to get me anything ever again no matter what, he also got these subs for me to quit with! He's going into in-patient treatment himself in a month! Say a prayer for both of us if you do that sort of thing...

I am up to about 8 beans a day now. I haven't used steadily these past two years but it's ramped up to a steady thing these past six months nad especially these past two months. Just got a check for 4.5 grand from a job and I don't want to spend it all on dope which is what would happen if I wasn't trying to quit right now! Also I'm about to graduate school, I have many things going for me but really need to get on track here because spending all my money on this stuff along with intermittent withdrawals (that are indescribably miserable and paralyze my life) have really started to effect my life and what *I* (The CLEAN "I," at least) want to do with it.

At first we had a whole system planned out of how I would taper of dope. I bought about 250 bucks worth and bought a really nice safe and left the keys with him and he was going to come over every day or every other and bring out doses for me over about 3 weeks. But he found a way to get me this suboxone and I'm going to try this way instead.

First off do you guys think this is the best way to do it? Would tapering off H be a better way? I've still got all this stuff, although as I said no access to it really even though it's right here lol. We were thinking of having one last session of 'getting down' on Sunday then I'm going to flush the rest down a toilet of front of him and I'm going to administer the sub myself.

As for the subs, they are sub-lingual strips. They are 8MG apeice, I have six of them. Is this enough? I was thinking of breaking the first one up into about five pieces, then continually tapering down from there. My goal is to not even use all the subs and destroy them when my withdrawal symptoms are all gone.

Do they really help with withdrawals? I cannot do this cold turkey, my busy life just doesn't allow for that. Going cold turkey before, I ended up relapsing just because I wanted to get some sleep and feel normal again. I am in good shape and walking ten feet winds me while I'm withdrawing, so I have to do this one way or the other. So I don't mean to be rude but if your suggestion is that I just stop being a baby and quit cold turkey you can take your opinion elsewhere!

It's really the physical side of withdrawals is what I hate. I don't think I'm really too badly mentally addicted. I don't really even enjoy getting high that much any more and it wasn't the greatest thing even when I first started. But I started and just couldn't stop.

I really am excited about quitting and really like my chances to stop. After Sunday I can't wait to begin this journey!
    Last edited by ssmnrl; 08-03-2012 at 01:55 AM.

Also a little more detail on the subs... I think I would only take them when the WDs got bad and on nights I couldn't stand to stay awake all night. I'm sure a little is unavoidable, but I don't want any recreational effects from them. I was hoping maybe I could just do a 1/5 of one strip for five days then see where I'm at and hopefully taper down even further then go every other day when I'm on the third strip.

Is this too little of a dose? What I've read tells me to start out low. I think I've done my research but I just want to do this right.

Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member

Hang tight buddie, someone should b here to help shortly...just woke up n thought I'd say hi. I'm not familiar with >>>>>> but someone who is should b able to help out very soon. Hang tight for the time being. Congrats for taking the right step to get clean! Take care,
    Crystal

pgcc is offline Member

I'm no expert on suboxone but I may qualify as an expert on H. You can't taper off H with H. First off you have no idea what the dose of each bag is one could be potent while another could be ???? and cut. To taper you need to know exactly what you are taking. Also, mentally its almost impossible because once you are down to an amount that does not get you high you will want more. I know you said you don't think you are mentally addicted but be careful, the easy part is the physical withdrawal the real hard part is staying claen believe it or not. As for the subs I really do not know if 6 will be enough, hang on for someone else. However, I do know that you can not take subs until you are in wd from the >>>>>> or you will get sicker than you can ever believe. Do not take the subs until someone else comes along with advice. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalclear651 View Post
    Hang tight buddie, someone should b here to help shortly...just woke up n thought I'd say hi. I'm not familiar with >>>>>> but someone who is should b able to help out very soon. Hang tight for the time being. Congrats for taking the right step to get clean! Take care,
    Crystal
    Thanks for the hello I'm glad to be on this road to getting clean and staying clean.

Quote Originally Posted by pgcc View Post
    I'm no expert on suboxone but I may qualify as an expert on H. You can't taper off H with H. First off you have no idea what the dose of each bag is one could be potent while another could be ???? and cut. To taper you need to know exactly what you are taking. Also, mentally its almost impossible because once you are down to an amount that does not get you high you will want more. I know you said you don't think you are mentally addicted but be careful, the easy part is the physical withdrawal the real hard part is staying claen believe it or not. As for the subs I really do not know if 6 will be enough, hang on for someone else. However, I do know that you can not take subs until you are in wd from the >>>>>> or you will get sicker than you can ever believe. Do not take the subs until someone else comes along with advice. Good luck.
    Well, the dope was bought in a raw form and then cut and tested, so we knew it's strength. I do get what you're saying though and I kind of agree. It'd be hard and possibly a fools errand to try to quit by tapering off with the drug in question..

Only about two days after we got this and split it all up and got my plan together, the subs became available. I got all of them I could (like I said, it was 6 8mg sub-lingual strips) and decided this would be a much better way to quit.

On some level I know there's a mental addiction but I don't think it's nearly as strong as some people's are.

I also agree that the 'easy' part will be getting clean, the hard part is staying clean. Like I said above, thank god that I don't know any contact and have never known any. I've never called one, certainly I've gone along on lots of runs but beyond that have had no contact with the people who have dealt it. I only know one guy that can even get it and he's my best friend, he won't be helping me get it any more. I am in a pretty lucky situation actually as far as that goes.

My friend told me not to take that first dose until I can't stand the WD's any longer. In fact, if it's an OK way to do it, I may just do that throughout the whole process. Like I said, I won't be starting the process until sometime after Sunday. I have a bit left to do until then, then my buddy and I are having some fun one last time then I think I'm destroying the dope I had saved to taper off with.
    Last edited by ssmnrl; 08-03-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Also I should say that these subs I have are going to be it. My friend had to call in a favor to get even these, they were the last ones a guy had from his own prescription. Whoever that guy was, god bless him! He gave em up when he knew someone was using them to try to quit... So one way or another I'm going to be trying it with what I have but from what I've read I think it can work.

I do need help getting together a plan though for them. I've decided against trying to taper off with dope so that part of the equation is already decided. I've read some about dosing but I would like some advice from some real people with some experience and not just from some articles off the internet.

My friend suggested doing both halves of the first in the first 36 hours then tapering off from there by 50% each strip or until the symptoms comeback. That seems like too much to me to start with and like I said, I want to avoid recreational effects (although I know that to some degree it'll be unavoidable, I just don't want to get moderately high off them if it can be avoided). I'm not worried about becoming addicted to these because that won't even be an option for me as I can't get any more, I just want to do things the right way.
    Last edited by ssmnrl; 08-03-2012 at 07:43 AM.

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Welcome to the forum. Read this and you will have your plan.. Post and post often and those that can will give you guidance. All my best, Reid
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

LovesAnimals is offline Member

SSMRI,
    please really read the link Reid (Caughtagain) sent you. Your plan sounds a little scary to me and hits close to home. I was giving Suboxones a long time ago (BEFORE I FOUND THIS SITE) I figured heck, they would get me through the withdraws of Oxycotin. I took them the WRONG way (I had about 11 8mgs) didn't know any better and two days after my stupid taper, I went thru Hell. It was so bad, i went back to the oxy's about 5 weeks later, i was still in hell after 5 weeks.

I made up my mind to do it again, the right way with Roberts taper plan and although i am not finished, i am tapering down from 2 mgs a day to .25 as of today, with no huge issues. please note, i have never done >>>>>>e before so i can't say the same will happen to you, but i did want to take a moment and share my personal horror story doing things the wrong way....

Good luck!
    xoxo
    Dee
    caughtagain likes this.

rxqueen83 is offline Member

Have you considered just STOPPING? You'll have 4-5 days of misery, and you'll be on your way. Sub w/d is a 2-3 week battle, tapering or not. Do you want to trade for another addiction? Just some food for thought. NO discouragement. Whatever you need to do to get clean.
    COMPLETELY CLEAN (Sub FREE) as of 7/20/12

"I don't like the drugs, but the drugs LIKE ME" Marilyn Manson

Quote Originally Posted by caughtagain View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Read this and you will have your plan.. Post and post often and those that can will give you guidance. All my best, Reid
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Wow thanks a lot what a great resource it's exactly what I was looking for and then some.

I'll keep everyone updated here. I know no one really cares but it's nice to have somewhere to talk about it.
    caughtagain likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LovesAnimals View Post
    SSMRI,
    please really read the link Reid (Caughtagain) sent you. Your plan sounds a little scary to me and hits close to home. I was giving Suboxones a long time ago (BEFORE I FOUND THIS SITE) I figured heck, they would get me through the withdraws of Oxycotin. I took them the WRONG way (I had about 11 8mgs) didn't know any better and two days after my stupid taper, I went thru Hell. It was so bad, i went back to the oxy's about 5 weeks later, i was still in hell after 5 weeks.

I made up my mind to do it again, the right way with Roberts taper plan and although i am not finished, i am tapering down from 2 mgs a day to .25 as of today, with no huge issues. please note, i have never done >>>>>>e before so i can't say the same will happen to you, but i did want to take a moment and share my personal horror story doing things the wrong way....

Good luck!
    xoxo
    Dee

Scary? I didn't even have a plan at all for it. That's why I came here...
    toni.s. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rxqueen83 View Post
    Have you considered just STOPPING? You'll have 4-5 days of misery, and you'll be on your way. Sub w/d is a 2-3 week battle, tapering or not. Do you want to trade for another addiction? Just some food for thought. NO discouragement. Whatever you need to do to get clean.
    I said above I didn't really want to hear about quitting cold turkey. You think anyone who wants to quit doesn't try? Like I said, I've tried and it just doesn't work. I'm even OK with being tired physically, being depressed and generally feeling bad. What I can't deal with is the zero sleep I get at night and the restless arms (yes arms)and hot/cold flashes I get from WDs drive me crazy at night.

I am way too busy to quit cold turkey. I've gone back just because I HAVE to get some sleep because I dont have the luxury of taking a week or two off from my job and school to be able to do that.

Also, I have no access to anymore suboxone beyond the 6 8mg ones I have so I don't think I'll have enough or that I'll be doing enough for it to be a problem, certainly jot as hard as quitting an opiate after three years of use any way.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 08-03-2012 at 05:22 PM.

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

"I said above I didn't really want to hear about quitting cold turkey. You think anyone who wants to quit doesn't try? "

Eazzzzy there sport, you may not "want " to hear about it, but people who are coming on here BECAUSE THEY DO CARE and DO WANt TO HELP are going to give you their opinion. I took opiates for a lot longer (measure in decades) and I quit Cold turkey.... ( as an aside)... When I did quit 3 years ago, I worked through it all, no one knew... Only those people on here... That is the thing is about this forum, you will get all the help guidence you want/need, but please keep the attitude checked at the door... Remember, YOU came on here and ASKED US for help... If we take our time to answer, don't go with the defensive attitude... In any event, it is your choice how you do it...I will tell you though, at the end of your taper, you STILL might have sleep issues, so you choose, but please remember We are trying to help you. All my best, Reid

Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member

Since he doesn't have many subs does anyone have a day to day plan for a super short taper? He won't have time to do 25% reductions w/ the amount of subs he has.

Hey Hun, can u get to a dr to give em to u so u can finish the taper in the link above w Roberts induction/taper plan or is that not an option right now?
    LovesAnimals likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by caughtagain View Post
    "I said above I didn't really want to hear about quitting cold turkey. You think anyone who wants to quit doesn't try? "

Eazzzzy there sport, you may not "want " to hear about it, but people who are coming on here BECAUSE THEY DO CARE and DO WANt TO HELP are going to give you their opinion. I took opiates for a lot longer (measure in decades) and I quit Cold turkey.... ( as an aside)... When I did quit 3 years ago, I worked through it all, no one knew... Only those people on here... That is the thing is about this forum, you will get all the help guidence you want/need, but please keep the attitude checked at the door... Remember, YOU came on here and ASKED US for help... If we take our time to answer, don't go with the defensive attitude... In any event, it is your choice how you do it...I will tell you though, at the end of your taper, you STILL might have sleep issues, so you choose, but please remember We are trying to help you. All my best, Reid

I should have worded my response better, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, but I still feel the same about quitting cold turkey. It hasn't worked for me yet and I have a chance to try something new so at this point there's not much sense in talking cold turkey. If it's all the same to you, I'd rather not be called "sport."

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalclear651 View Post
    Since he doesn't have many subs does anyone have a day to day plan for a super short taper? He won't have time to do 25% reductions w/ the amount of subs he has.

Hey Hun, can u get to a dr to give em to u so u can finish the taper in the link above w Roberts induction/taper plan or is that not an option right now?

I think I should have enough if I can follow that guide but it will be close. I also want to use as little as possible any way. I know I should probably go to the Dr and get some more, and I know this will sound silly, but it'd be way too embarrassing to go into there and talk to the Dr about this. Only a few people know I even use, I'm very secretive about it.

That guide says that most people can be inducted at around 2-3mg for the first 3-4 days, then taper that down 25% over the next 4-5 days.

That's around 12mg assuming I am average as far as that guide is concerned or 1/4 of what I have total. Then continue tapering down 25% until you feel you can start to skip days. I hope to skip days a little sooner then the guide says.

Thanks again for posting the guide Reid it is exactly the information I was looking for!

I was just making a suggestion. All the side effects you mentioned, you WILL feel when you quit Subs. See my signature? I just went through it. I'm only trying to help. Not harm the situation. Thanks Reid.

Nadia
    caughtagain likes this.

Comeback Kid is online now Senior Member

Please ONLY stick to the plan linked above. You can't just take subs "here and there" on an as needed basis. It must be a controlled induction, and subsequent taper. If cold turkey from H is not an option, then subs is your only hope. I pray you will get through this.
    LovesAnimals likes this.
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?” -Father Martin on Step 1
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm)

clevername is offline Member

One thing to keep in mind is you're not addicted to >>>>>>, you're addicted to _opiates_. So you said that you're not worried about getting addicted to subs as there's no way for you to get more... well guess what helps with sub wd's: >>>>>>! So the issue isn't getting addicted to subs, its not doing the taper right and then relapsing.

Sub wd's can be just as bad as >>>>>> wd's with respect to losing sleep, so if that's your concern then you need to really get this taper right or it won't do you any good to switch to subs - you'll just go back to H as soon as you run out. Even wd's from just a few mg's of sub messed up my sleep for well over a month, so you should try to get on as low a dose of sub as possible during your induction, taper it down nice and slow like Robert's plan says, and buy some OTC melatonin/lemon balm/kava for sleep, or even a benzo as per the Thomas recipe to use short term when you jump. Benzos can be very addictive and bad and I would not suggest taking them, but if the main thing making you relapse is lack of sleep then it's not something to necessarily take off the table (others may disagree).

Agreed. I am on day 17 of no sub, I have NEVER EVER had a problem sleeping a solid 8 or 9 hours. I have tossed and turned more in the past days/nights then I have in my LIFE. I'm not dissing sub, I'm reccomending you weigh your options very, very carefully. If I had the choice I may have just gone CT...not sure.
    caughtagain likes this.