Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes
Help with Oxycodone withdrawal... Suboxone?
    cheeky is offline Diamond Member

hang in there slugger, keeping yourself busy is a good trick... exercise is good too, gets those natural endorphins pumping.... so,,, as of now, you did subs the once and got PW it seems, and thats it for you ?? you going for it now are ya... good on ya mate... keep up the good work and the positive attitude.... you got this

sluggercity is offline Junior Member

Thanks cheeky.. These past few days have opened my eyes up for sure. Yeah I took the subs that one time and almost immediately felt worse. On top of it I felt real jittery and I read that some people get that effect when they first start suboxone. So maybe me throwing myself into pw shortened the length of time it took to get everything out of my system? Who knows... All I know is I feel better each day.

HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

Heyyyyy Sluggo...
    Man thats Awesome that you got some Sleep! Yeah you probably put yourself in PWS that first time out of the gate.....I dunno, but Im glad your feeling better! Thats GREAT! Keep it up man!!!

You Pal Harry

Tell me about it! AND my Louisville cards won the national championship last night.. life is getting better by the min.
    HarrySmooth likes this.

Alright so today I have been clean for 4 weeks and I have a few questions. First is it normal for me to still be on the toilet a few times a day? I know its driving me nuts! If I take Imodium I'm alright but I try not to take it every day and the day or two that I don't its back in full effect. Another thing is my mood is a complete rollercoaster.. will this get better or is it just me?>

NoMoreOxy is offline Senior Member

Congratulations Slugger on 4 weeks clean. Very good work. At your previously high dose some residual symptoms might linger. Give it another week and see how you feel. I'm sure things will improve.

Anyway, 4 weeks is a huge accomplishment. Great work!

-NMO

Hopethisworks is offline Member

I know this is old but boy can I use this same help. 9 hrs off oxycodone and have some sub. HELP!!!!

SweetMarie is offline New Member

i was taking 15-20 vicidons a day. i was 2 days into WD from those when my friend introduced me to suboxone. it was the most amazing feeling, control over my addiction. Subs are scary and they can almost be worse if you abuse them, but if you truly want to be clean of pills / drugs its the way to go. Having a family member-friend someone to help you stay on track and get healthy and better, its a saving grace.

Hotdamn is offline New Member

When you went on sub did you go on after 24 hours no use straight from your 500mg habit?

Is there any way I can get help from some of you. Three days ago I was on 750 mg oxy and have tapered my way down to 300mg in the past few days. I was told starting at 750 was way too high. I have plenty of sub to go by Roberts plan. I just need some support, no one including my fiancé know about my habit which makes it hard to go into withdrawal up to a cows of 26 but I know I have to. Please help!!!
    Comeback Kid likes this.

JohnDoses is offline Member

Hey hotdamn! That's fun to say.
    Are you asking about when you should take your first sub dose or induct? Or are you trying to taper off oxys completely? I am unsure what you are asking but I would love to give you any advice I can. I would suggest starting your own thread on the Need to Talk or Suboxone treatment forum. Start your own journal, share your story and usage and everything you want to with your first post, then sit back and wait for all of these awesome and beautiful people come to your rescue with flowing capes and a quiver full of advice.

Comeback Kid is offline Banned

You have our support Hotdamn! You need to figure out a plan to get to a 26 on the COWS with minimal alert to your fiance. Maybe say you have the flu. With your dosage of opiates I suggest starting with 2mg/subs and dosing at .25 until you are stable. Let us know how you plan on doing this and we can help guide you through your journey. I have no experience in subs, so others will have more to add. Don't be afraid. You can get through this. You are just going to have to be committed to the process 100%. Good luck and check in with us on how you plan to proceed.

Oh and start your own thread in "Need to talk". so you can get more support.

I started a new thread here http://www.drugs.com/forum/need-talk...tml#post433334. To answer though no I do not want to taper off the oxy I want to go onto subs but I was told there is no way I can go from a 750mg habit to suboxone that is why I have began to go down in dosage.

Comeback Kid is offline Banned

Yes that's true. You say you are on 300 now for a few days, i think jumping from there should be sufficient. Like I said, maybe induct at 2mg, and then re-dose as needed till you are stable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123