Help.. just took 60mg Roxicodone IR
    inhalexhale is offline New Member

Default Help.. just took 60mg Roxicodone IR

I have a tolerance for opiates (and yes, I am addicted to them). I'm not looking for addiction help right now, but will consider it later.

A friend of mine sold me a few 30mg generic Roxies (small round pill, M on one side, 30 on the other). When she sold them to me I was under the impression that they were generic oxycontin, so I assumed that they were extended release... and thus took two of them about twenty minutes ago.
    I started feeling extremely euphoric which surprised me, so I looked the pill up online and discovered that they were instant release.

Should I seek help right away or am I fine? I can stand up to 80mg of extended release Oxycontin without overdosing, but hadn't tried the instant release pills before now.
    I'm scared. Please give me your opinions or advice as soon as you can. Thank you.. I would be extremely greatful.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by inhalexhale View Post
    I have a tolerance for opiates (and yes, I am addicted to them). I'm not looking for addiction help right now, but will consider it later.

A friend of mine sold me a few 30mg generic Roxies (small round pill, M on one side, 30 on the other). When she sold them to me I was under the impression that they were generic oxycontin, so I assumed that they were extended release... and thus took two of them about twenty minutes ago.
    I started feeling extremely euphoric which surprised me, so I looked the pill up online and discovered that they were instant release.

Should I seek help right away or am I fine? I can stand up to 80mg of extended release Oxycontin without overdosing, but hadn't tried the instant release pills before now.
    I'm scared. Please give me your opinions or advice as soon as you can. Thank you.. I would be extremely greatful.

I would not EVER minimize the risk in taking something when we obviously don't really know what it is. You can't trust someone wanting your money for some drugs. Please think next time. I am not judging you, just trying to point out the obvious.

You should be fine. I am saying that ONLY based on you saying you have a high tolerance to oxycontin. I would answer this differently for a person who did not take drugs so you know if you were really being honest in your post. You could be kind of knocked out depending on how you react to oxycodones but while 60mg is definitely a significant dose I used to take at least six 30mg Roxies at once .. and do that a minimum of four times a day and usually more plus stupid amounts xanax, klonopin, soma and what have you all at once. I should add that my heart stopped twice too so don't try to be like me.

You can always go to the ER if you are scared. That might be the best thing for you to do. I would not want to accept responsibility for telling you not to go. I only answered the way I did based on what you said. It's impossible to sit here and tell you for sure what to do. We don't know you or your history, only what you have told us. Please tell us how this works out for you. God bless.

inhalexhale is offline New Member

Thanks so much for your honest post. I was fine last night... I'd never been that incredibly high before from opiates (probably 'cus it hit me all at once), so I got really scared. I called a friend and tried to calm down since experience with different things told me that freaking myself out further would be a VERY unpleasant experience.
    So you were right. :]

I generally only deal with friends (to avoid being ripped off or really screwed over), but sometimes they just don't have the right information. Pills are risky in that sense.
    ...I defiently learned my lesson though. Won't be taking that much at once again any time soon.