help! iit's my fourth day and i feel like I am dying
    justme37 is offline New Member

Angry help! iit's my fourth day and i feel like I am dying

I was taking 8 hydrocodone 7.5 mil for 4 years now. A friend of mine said I was addicted and needed to stop. She is on Subutex and was taking way more than prescribed. I am vomiting, diarhea (not to be gross), hot, cold but sweating, feeling like I am going to jump out of my skin. When does this stop! I quit taking them Friday and today is Tuesday. I thought I would be over this by now. I got the clonidine patch but it doesn't seem to help. My heart is racing, but I am tired. I don't know what to do. I am hiding it from my kids who are 12 and 14 and it is very hard to do so. When will it all stop? I threw all of my remaining pills away Friday. I have never taken more than prescribed. I am in so much pain and so nauseated. I can't eat and I have anorexia, so this is making it worse. Please help.

ymccormack is offline Member

You should start to see an improvement tomorrow. Days 3 and 4 tend to be the worst.

Take double or more doses of Immodium AD. It has a drug that is an opiate....it won't get you high but it will help with the leg cramps and diahrea.

Keep taking big doses of the Immodium until the diarhea goes away.

Keep hydrated. Gatorade.

Beleive it or not the clonidine patch is helping alot....your heart would be racing a lot more without it.

Good Luck and keep posting

YM

Exclamation So I will wake up tomorrow and be fine?

Is that how it works?

ymccormack is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by justme37 View Post
    Is that how it works?

No...it will be gradual. The last symptoms to go will be the sleeplessness and the restless legs.

but one day you will wake up and be like "hey...I don't feel like I'm going to die anymore...."

YM

mikeyh is offline Member

Default justme

Hey just....Im on day 8 without pills...was taking 15 to 25 a day percs,,your doing great ..day 4 was better with myself....i cant get any sleep...but i know how you feel,,,think i did die a few times,,,,just keep reading these post....theres a couple of people that has really helped me on this board..just for the things they say ,and they have also been through what were going through now...i dont have to say there names ..they know who they are...you keep up what your doing it will get better,,,,i no its hard but laying around will make it worse,,but like i was no energy and everything else you have said we all go through it,,,you keep up the good work.....you can do it if i can....Good luck to you my friend...

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Default justme37

You are doing well ... believe it or not. I know exactly how badly you feel but you will start seeing improvement over the next two days. Luckily you were not taking 40 Lorcets a day like I was, but you are obviously still addicted and are suffering accordingly. W/Ds don't follow exactly with how much you abused. If you are addicted W/Ds seem to be similar for all of us. The mental part that follows detox is a little different with different addictions.

It only takes about four to six days at the most to actually detox from Hydrocodone. It is one of the easier opiates to stop in comparison to say Oxycontin. And the fact that you were not taking huge amounts of hydrocodone will be in your favor when you deal with the mental part of this after detox.

Comments are all correct about the Immodium. I lived on that during detox ... also the Gatorade. It's full of electrolytes and will help a lot with keeping you hydrated. Don't give up. You are so close to where you will start feeling better any day now. Hang in there. Good luck and God bless.

greenday is offline Member

Don't give up and one day you will be posting on this forum about how you are 3, 4 or 8 months clean. You will be so proud of yourself. I know right now you are just trying to make it one second at a time, but you WILL get there. Each day should get slightly easier. Keep a journal (or post on the forum) so if you EVER think of doing pills again, you can go back and read about the hell you are going through right now. HANG IN THERE! You are doing great.

greenday is offline Member

Hey Mike! How ya doing? Sounds like you are still hanging in there. Day EIGHT!!!!! Congrats. Think about it for a minute. You have gone OVER A WEEK without any pills. OVER A WEEK! That is HUGE. Wishing you the best.

Default greenday ... you are right

Quote Originally Posted by greenday View Post
    Hey Mike! How ya doing? Sounds like you are still hanging in there. Day EIGHT!!!!! Congrats. Think about it for a minute. You have gone OVER A WEEK without any pills. OVER A WEEK! That is HUGE. Wishing you the best.

Greenday is right. Way to go Mike and anyone else fighting for a few hours clean at a time. I don't think it is very impressive when someone gets several years clean to add another month or two. That's just stepping forward. But for someone who is fighting for their life, every single hour is a miracle. God blesses those of us who ask for help. All we have to do is ask.

PP66 is offline New Member

If you have been prescibed that dosage by your doctor for the past four years and therefore you are taking them a medicinal need, then you shouldn't quit cold turkey. You should consult your doctor about a titration program which will gradually reduce your dose so you can manage without them all together in the future. If you legitimately need pain meds for pain management then perhaps you should also consider taking subutex or suboxone.

Either way, the physical withdrawal will end after 7 to 10 days. After that, you may have some psychological yearnings for the pills. The physical part of it is over mush sooner than the mental part of it although you will likely feel tired or lethargic for some time.

Anorexia just adds fuel to the fire. There is a good chance that your withdrawal period will exacerbate your anorexia. Should that happen, then you really need to talk to your doctor immediately.

Just becuase a friend says your addicted doesn't mean you have to stop immediately. Dosage is relative to severity of pain, type of pain, body size, metabolism and many other factors. What my be a large dose to one person is a miniscule dose to another.

Please help yourself and start on some type of counsling. Addiction and anorexia are psychosomatic problems...essentailly psychlogoical problems that manifest themsleves physically, and , over time, as the problem compounds, those physical manifestations in turn enhance and compound the psycological problems. Counseling and ultimatley behavior modification sessions could greatly help in alleviating both issues. GOOD LUCK!

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement. I am drinking Ensure for the anorexia. I am also making myself eat. I feel so nausiated that I don't want to eat, so I am forcing it. The kicking of the leg is not better. I still feel like I am going out of mind. I did call two detox programs. They agree that I should have never listened to an addicted person when I need them for pain. I have extreme pain from an accident and need something. I will discuss with my doctor and see what she says. They said I could have had a heart attack or seizure. My body weight is just 5'3" and 100lbs. So, the effect it had on me was more than the average person. God bless all and I am praying. That's all I can do right now...and listen to you all and post.

Chris J. is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by justme37 View Post
    Thanks to everyone for your encouragement. I am drinking Ensure for the anorexia. I am also making myself eat. I feel so nausiated that I don't want to eat, so I am forcing it. The kicking of the leg is not better. I still feel like I am going out of mind. I did call two detox programs. They agree that I should have never listened to an addicted person when I need them for pain. I have extreme pain from an accident and need something. I will discuss with my doctor and see what she says. They said I could have had a heart attack or seizure. My body weight is just 5'3" and 100lbs. So, the effect it had on me was more than the average person. God bless all and I am praying. That's all I can do right now...and listen to you all and post.
    I'm on day 25 and I know exactly how you feel, days 3-4 were the worst, 5 much better, but 6-7 real ugly again it will "ebb and flow" so to speak for next ten days or so but the majority of symptoms will ease by day five, if you can hang in there till day 5 you will feel much more capable of continuing the battle, the fact you threw out yer pills rather than wait till you didnt have anymore is a real sign your dead serious and i am positive you will make it, your doing great get something like ice cream, i found it easiest to eat and keep down and its at least some calories. Hot bathes in the middle of the night settled down my legs, but you only have a half hour window of getting out of the tub before the RLS is back so took melatonin as the tub was filling and laid in it for a half hour then went straight to bed, I managed to snatch fifteen minutes or so sleep after the baths so I took three throughout the night, dried my skin to rat ******************** after ten days of it but I got some rest so its worth a try, best of luck I am sure your gonna make it..Chris

Nimmy280 is offline New Member

Hang in there buddy your almost threw the worst part. Remember stay head strong and never give up. You got this

GOOD LUCK
    Nim

hopefulgirl is offline Member

I am only on day 1 of Vicodin withdrawals & am kinda freaking out!! How long will this last?? When will I start to feel better?? I have been taking them daily for about 3 months, any advice will help,,,thank you

GregE is offline New Member

Default Day 4

I am on day 4 of no pills I was taking about 10 5/500 a day for a year, I have severe Tinnitus and I have a few friends that take this for there Tinnitus and it helps, although its not suppose to, anyway I tried it and got hooked right off the top, being an addict already, but my mind played many tricks on me, I was walking around thinking it was helping but it wasnt helping anything...then one day at work about 5 days ago, I started not breathing right, and was like wow this must be from the V, so I freaked out not being able to breath, through the pills out and now I am on day 4 I can breath a little better, I am in severe pain though throughout my body and stomach, my stomach is killing me, I have ulcers and there all flared up, my liver hurts, well the right side under my ribs I can only guess its my liver, but I do feel like I am dying for sure, then I read some of these posts and it gives me hope and the sense that perhaps I am not dying......I just dont want to ever tough these pills again!!!

Anonymous Guest

Hi Greg
    hey my friend your going to be OK...
    It just feels like your going to die....You weren't taking allot so your going to get better from here on out...I have tinnitus also...It is just caused from tense musles...that's why the Vic's seemed to help...
    Get some Imodium and take it easy for a couple days...
    Also if you can get in some exercise it will help the tinnitus any thing to strengthen the back I do 8 min abs and it helps tremendously...

Let us know if we can help..
    and just post if something scares you...
    Talk to you soon, Melinda

Default I would exercise if i could

I would exercise if i could but I am so out of breath I cant even get up and down the steps very well, I quit smoking today as well, do to the fact I cant breath, so out with them to, I have tinnitus (ringing in the ears) from loud music, anyway thats a stress bomb itself, but right now I am not really worried about that, I am worried about getting better from these pills.......
    I am gonna stay in bed today and not do to much, tomorrow I am gonna try to get up and do something......something light but I have to get out of bed sometime here and start life somehow.....

Anonymous Guest

You will get there I promise...I will never forget how your feeling right now...
    I don't think there is anything worse...my first few days I just laid around and watched the Lord of the rings, movies...
    hang in there...
    Talk to you later, Melinda

Default Greg

Going through opiate detox cold turkey sucks but once it's over you're done with being sick again. That's why I think it's best to do if you can. It's a no-brainer.

You'll feel better after four days pretty quickly now. Seriously you're going to notice that you're feeling better tomorrow probably... worst case the next day. Just don't give in and do something you'll regret. Your almost past the worst part. Be glad about that! Don't be bummed out, you don't ever have to do this again. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

thanks i do feel a little better right now, im drinking gatorade, and taking ammodiumm ad,
    as well as pepcid for my pepcid ulcer, as my stomach is taking the worst of it all, i feel mentally like I am close to being out of the woods, my concerns are all my organs that have been taking a beating for years, I guess I just got to go with the flow and hope for the best.......i do feel better today, it did start worse than yesterday but now Im feeling better...