Help! Doctor Suddenly Stopping Adderall!
    Hutch1ns is offline New Member

Default Help! Doctor Suddenly Stopping Adderall!

Hi all,

I've been taking Adderall for about 8 years now. Currently I am prescribed 3 x 20MG's of Adderall a day. My last prescription was only for 2 x 20MG a day, as my doctor accidently wrote for 2 instead of 3. I filled my last prescription on the 1st of April. I notified my doctor about a week ago about the problem and she had me come in on Thursday, April 19th to get the correct dosage. I had run out on the 17th and came down to get a prescription for 5 days from the secretary. I did so, but she also wrote it out for only 2x20mg a day. So I ran out this morning and had tried to fill my prescription last night, Friday the 20th. The pharmacists gave me trouble (went to 3 pharmacies) saying it was too early and they refused to fill it until the 22nd. Today I went down again and they said they had to call the doctor before they filled it. Well guess what she did? She called and told me that she feels that I need to come off of it because she's afraid I'm abusing it, which I'm not. She told the pharmacy to NOT fill the prescription and told me she doesn't feel combfortable prescribing it anymore. I've taken the medication EVERY day for 8 years.

She's not even willing to slowly take me off of it. I'm afraid of what's going to happen if I don't get it immediately. I fear for my safety, sanity and others, I just put 3 holes in my wall. If my doctor dares to section 8 me I have no doubt in my mind that something awful will happen. I would rather die than go into a hospitol.

What can I do? Someone please help! Is what my doctor doing considered neglect?

Brent and Jane Kuhn is offline New Member

What regoin are you from? I can give you a few names if you are near me or near Virginia. That sux....I'm sorry

l0vinthesun is offline New Member

I'm actually from va and I need to find a doctor willing to be understanding about my situation. The problem is the area I grew up in (pretty poor), things like adhd and depression went untreated. Now that I'm older and realize its an issue, my doctor who doesnt believe in "non-sense" like add is unwilling to help me with my problem.

my email is l0vinthesun@yahoo.com if you could email me some names of doctors I could talk to.

Thanks.

2Bcrazed is offline New Member

Your doctor is CRAZY, first of all. You need to contact another doctor immediately. Adderall is highly addictive & you can't stop it "cold-turkey"...you must be weaned off of it. It's very dangerous if you are not. So, my thoughts are: 1. Find another dr immediately & be honest about your situation 2. If there is ANYone at the dr's practice that was prescribing it for you, like a General Manager/Ofc Mgr, etc., contact them & tell them that you have researched this & that you know you cannot stop taking the med without being weaned off & if your dr won't help you, you will speak w/an attorney. Be very frank about it. Most dr's are scared to death of a possible lawsuit. (Don't mention that in the meantime, you are looking for another doc but do get one asap.) This could be life-threatening. When you call the ofc, do not curse or yell but be very assertive & make it sound sincere--that you WILL get an atty. (I'm on Adderall too & this is out & out negligence on the dr's part--very HUGE mistake that he/she could be sued for, if something happened to you.) Good luck & write back to let us know what happens. ~M