HELP: Can Morphine Show as >>>>>> on Drug Test?
    Titty Puff is offline Junior Member

Red face HELP: Can Morphine Show as >>>>>> on Drug Test?

Hello.

I get drug tested at my doctor's office. I have no problem with this. I have a serious injury, about 3-5 fractures in my lumbar spine as well as bulged discs and herniated discs in my cervical spine.

The office manager has come up with so many excuses trying to deny seeing me all of a sudden and I am usually prescribed by my doctor there Roxycodone 30mg. Without it, the pain has been UNBEARABLE and I have been bedridden causing me to go to the emergency room twice already.

Now her latest excuse is that she is telling me that I failed the drug test for >>>>>>, which is impossible because I was only doing the medications I was prescribed. I was prescribed Roxycodone 30mg and Morphine Sulfate 15mg at this point when the drug test was initiated.

Is it possible that the combination could show a false positive of >>>>>>? I've been doing a LOT of research and seems that >>>>>> is stemmed from Morphine so maybe they didn't have my medical records in check and saw Morphine on the drug test and automatically linked me to fail for >>>>>>?

Any and all advice is appreciated.

I hope I posted this in the right place! It's been so horrible experience. My doctor was genuine and he tried refusing to see me until I pushed up on the office manager to make an appointment to see him. I've done everything he's asked me to do in terms of referrals and I really need pain management until I can properly go to a pain clinic (earliest appointment is in October!)

Any/all help appreciated on this matter. I don't do >>>>>> so I know this has to be some type of mistake, especially after reading what's out there online and Morphine and >>>>>> similarities.

P.S. This is the second time they have tried to do this. The first time I asked for the toxicology report and they bailed out and said it was a mistake on their own end. I am thinking they made a mistake AGAIN. My doctor left me in withdraw, pain, and bedridden with depression and high anxiety/panic attacks. Please help.

Titty Puff is offline Junior Member

Question HELP: Can Morphine Show as >>>>>> on Drug Test?

Hello.

I get drug tested at my doctor's office. I have no problem with this. I have a serious injury, about 3-5 fractures in my lumbar spine as well as bulged discs and herniated discs in my cervical spine.

The office manager has come up with so many excuses trying to deny seeing me all of a sudden and I am usually prescribed by my doctor there Roxycodone 30mg. Without it, the pain has been UNBEARABLE and I have been bedridden causing me to go to the emergency room twice already.

Now her latest excuse is that she is telling me that I failed the drug test for >>>>>>, which is impossible because I was only doing the medications I was prescribed. I was prescribed Roxycodone 30mg and Morphine Sulfate 15mg at this point when the drug test was initiated.

Is it possible that the combination could show a false positive of >>>>>>? I've been doing a LOT of research and seems that >>>>>> is stemmed from Morphine so maybe they didn't have my medical records in check and saw Morphine on the drug test and automatically linked me to fail for >>>>>>?

I hope I posted this in the right place! It's been so horrible experience. My doctor was genuine and he tried refusing to see me until I pushed up on the office manager to make an appointment to see him. I've done everything he's asked me to do in terms of referrals and I really need pain management until I can properly go to a pain clinic (earliest appointment is in October!)

Any/all help appreciated on this matter. I don't do >>>>>> so I know this has to be some type of mistake, especially after reading what's out there online and Morphine and >>>>>> similarities.

P.S. This is the second time they have tried to do this. The first time I asked for the toxicology report and they bailed out and said it was a mistake on their own end. I am thinking they made a mistake AGAIN. My doctor left me in withdraw, pain, and bedridden with depression and high anxiety/panic attacks. Please help.

tjohnson92389 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Titty Puff View Post
    Hello.

Im no expert but i am speaking from my pharmaceutical experience.

NO.

It should not have showed up as ">>>>>>". >>>>>> is developed off morphine, but that doesn't mean it should show up as >>>>>>.

You should honestly have tested positive for opiates, not >>>>>>. I think you should confront the doctor and tell him he's full of ???? and he needs to go back to medical school

That is ridiculous.

casual is offline Member

Only you know what you've done yourself, if you didn't do any herron, and it shows up, I would really be pissed. Somebody screwed up, sometimes you might have to prove your own innocence! Could the (lab) have made a mistake?
    Last edited by casual; 06-28-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Dopesick420 is offline Member

This is not true. There is a clear and definitve difference between morphine and >>>>>>. Yeah, one is a derivitive of the other, so naturally trace elements will always be found. Ok. Iv been getting drug tests since a child, and as iv found out, GC/MS test breaks it down so easily. Morphine has a destinct signature, as does >>>>>> (diacetylmorphine). Yes, you may come up hot on a random dip test for "opiates", but any real lab could tell the difference, no problem. I think if you honestly didnt use >>>>>>, it should be an easy fight. But if they continue to give you trouble and you have every right as a patient to pursue it.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Titty Puff View Post
    No, MORPHINE DOES show as >>>>>> on a drug test. >>>>>> is derived from Morphine and thus there is no accurate way to accurately test for >>>>>>. I've been hit wit >>>>>> false positives every time I get drug tested and have Morphine in my system (in which I'm prescribed).