Help
    mikeyh is offline Member

Default Help

Think i posted in wrong place first time..Im trying to quit percs again,,you guys helped me last summer ,but i got back on them..been 2 days now sense i had a perc ,and about to go crazy,about to break my marriage up,dont know where to turn. Not sure if i can make it this time ,but im going ct,no other way,cant afford a doctor, told wife i was had been taking them she said she thought so..i really want off them now..but its hard...now i have ressless legs,bathroom no energy what so ever,no sleep..i really believe that if i can get off them 1 more time and feel good again i can stop....The WDS dont seem as bad as they were lastyear..But still doing everything bur pulling my hair out...thnx guys

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyh View Post
    Think i posted in wrong place first time..Im trying to quit percs again,,you guys helped me last summer ,but i got back on them..been 2 days now sense i had a perc ,and about to go crazy,about to break my marriage up,dont know where to turn. Not sure if i can make it this time ,but im going ct,no other way,cant afford a doctor, told wife i was had been taking them she said she thought so..i really want off them now..but its hard...now i have ressless legs,bathroom no energy what so ever,no sleep..i really believe that if i can get off them 1 more time and feel good again i can stop....The WDS dont seem as bad as they were lastyear..But still doing everything bur pulling my hair out...thnx guys

Mike ... addicts relapse. That is what we do until we get it. The thing is now you have to pay the price for your actions. Hopefully, by paying your dues again this time it won't happen again.

Are you exercising any, regardless of how bad you don't want to? Are you taking hot showers or baths? What are you doing to make yourself feel better? Don't just lay around or it just makes it worse. I have detoxed from major abuse several times and I know it sucks. There are things to do though that make it just a little better. If your stomach gets bad and you are living in the bathroom, get some Immodium.

If you don't know what to do, let us know what is happening and you will receive some suggestions. Hang in there man! You can do it. And let us know how you are progressing.

ymccormack is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Mike ... addicts relapse. That is what we do until we get it. The thing is now you have to pay the price for your actions. Hopefully, by paying your dues again this time it won't happen again.

Are you exercising any, regardless of how bad you don't want to? Are you taking hot showers or baths? What are you doing to make yourself feel better? Don't just lay around or it just makes it worse. I have detoxed from major abuse several times and I know it sucks. There are things to do though that make it just a little better. If your stomach gets bad and you are living in the bathroom, get some Immodium.

If you don't know what to do, let us know what is happening and you will receive some suggestions. Hang in there man! You can do it. And let us know how you are progressing.
    I totally agree with Robert. If you just lie on the couch...you have a tendency to dwell on how miserable you are - makes it worse. Getting out and taking a walk keeps your mind off the misery and gets your natural endorphins pumping. Also, I'm told that Immodium AD is good for more than just the obvious symptom. Take a double dose and keep taking it until your bathroom symptoms go away - it supposedly helps with the restless legs too.

Good luck. You can do this...again!

mikeyh is offline Member

Thank you guys alot..man its hard to stop..i dont wanna be around anyone when im getting off this mess..Im a crab fisherman,i hate to even go to the dock.because most of the guys that i got dope from are there, just guess i will try to play it out till tomorrow,gotta go back on the boat..i know that will be a trip.....again thanks you guys,..im trying hard...