help
    luvstoned25 is offline New Member

Unhappy help

i am here for support...my fiance is addicted to >>>>>>e..he has been trying to stop but we cant afford rehab or expensive alternatives. i dont know what to do anymore. he tried methadone but it was getting to expensive...of course...>>>>>>e isnt much cheaper...i try to help him but i dont know wat to do...any suggestions?

vduda is offline Member

luv,

You get to a point in your life that you choose life or the same old same old. I was a heavy opiate user for a decade. Fentanyl, Morphine, Methadone, Demerol, Oxycodone, Hydrocodoe, Propoxyphene and so on. Excess of 3,500 mg a day. Booted 30 to 40 cc's of Dilaudid and Hydromorphine a day. 40 to 50 mg of Xanax a day. Went through Detox twice, died 3 times from overdoses. Just over 8 months ago given 2 weeks to live. Every organ system failing. Bed ridden and 40 lbs over weight, bloated and jaundice. Went to detox and buprenorphine did nothing for me. Went cold turkey. Most painful experience. But now I am completely healed and been clean for almost 8 months. My faith in God saw me through the darkness.

It seems at this point, time to bite the bullet and go through the fire. Deal with the withdrawals and just do it. If he wants his life back it's time to deal with the pain of withdrawals. He'll go through hell for two weeks, but he will bounce back in about a month. Get some phenrgan for nausea, lots of hot showers for body aches, maybe a long acting benzo for short time for sleep and anxiety. Immodium for diarrhea. Stay hydrated with plenty of electrolytes. Apples are good for stomach cramping because of the pectin.

If you cannot live this life any longer, then your fiance needs to just do it. Get a support system. Give him love and understanding. Counseling, meetings, whatever gives you strength.

He will need to go through the fire to be cleansed. He needs to want it. A life without the weight of addiction. For me my faith saw me through the dark valleys.
    There is no magic answer or advice. Action is the only way. May God give you the strength for you and your fiance to get past this heavy weight. God Bless

VJ