Have you ever taken more suboxone when you did not feel good
    musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Unhappy Have you ever taken more suboxone when you did not feel good

I am on day 12 of suboxone.I take 4mg twice daily total of 8 mg.I am not sure if it is lack of sleep but I am not feeling good this evening..Feeling anxious and mildly depressed.I felt ok earlier this morning but feel jittery,agitated,restless , tired and just plain don't feel good this evening.I am not experiencing that sense of well being that I have had the past 12 days..Again it could be lack of sleep..Do any of you guys ever take an extra sliver or take an extra piece of suboxone when you feel this way? If you have, did it work?I know I am not going to feel good all the time...lol...But it almost feels like mild withdrawal symptons I am feeling.Would love to hear from someone.I am very sleepy too. But can't sleep.
    Last edited by musicman48; 09-04-2008 at 09:10 PM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by musicman48 View Post
    I am on day 12 of suboxone.I take 4mg twice daily total of 8 mg.I am not sure if it is lack of sleep but I am not feeling good this evening..Feeling anxious and mildly depressed.I felt ok earlier this morning but feel jittery,agitated,restless , tired and just plain don't feel good this evening.I am not experiencing that sense of well being that I have had the past 12 days..Again it could be lack of sleep..Do any of you guys ever take an extra sliver or take an extra piece of suboxone when you feel this way? If you have, did it work?I know I am not going to feel good all the time...lol...But it almost feels like mild withdrawal symptons I am feeling.Would love to hear from someone.I am very sleepy too. But can't sleep.

It's possible but unlikely that you need to increase your dose at this point if nothing has changed over the last 12 days. What times during the day do you take your medication? What is your regular schedule? How close to the time you go to bed do you take your last dose of the day?

10 am and 5 pm are my dosing times..I go to bed at 1 or 2 am It is probably sleep deprivation.Anxiety issues at 3 and 4,5 am has been keeping me awake and pacing the floors.I am probably pretty tired.Perhaps the med does not work as good when you are tired.Overalll this dose has felt fine.This has all happened kind of sudden this evening. I am considering taking a .25mg xanax tonigt juat to sleep: I never take those so I have no tolerence and .25mg would probably help me sleep. I am really sorry to keep bugging you Robert.
    Last edited by musicman48; 09-04-2008 at 10:41 PM.

add restless legs RLS to symptoms tonight.

Default musicman

You aren't bugging me. I would rather see you take a very small medicinal dose of xanax ONE NIGHT rather than adding more suboxone. Lets see if the sleep helps. It very well could. Just please don't take anymore xanax than what you said you would take. The medications are not good to mix. But that small dose just this evening will be okay. Check back tomorrow and let us know if this helps. You might also want to take a good HOT shower before bed. That will help to relax you and give you a little relief from the RLS. Good luck.

no worries.There are only 2 of the .25 mg pills in the house.They have been here for months..zanax don't click with me.I have taken the .25 for sleep a while back and it slept like a baby tho.. .25 is plenty for me...I will let you know tomorrow...Cool...Thanks for the advice......again

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

no worries.There are only 2 of the .25 mg pills in the house.They have been here for months..zanax don't click with me.I have taken the .25 for sleep a while back and it slept like a baby tho.. .25 is plenty for me...I will let you know tomorrow...Cool...Thanks for the advice......again
    I hear ya about the lack of sleep... I didnt sleep at all in the beginning. IT got so bad that it was dangerous for me to drive. I talk to my reg doc and he gave me seroquel 25mg..... it worked like a charm.

I now take it about every third nite. I fear the addiction part so I can make it on every three nites. I have to admitt.... I didnt need it last night and It has been since monday... Good luck

Sister

I finally slept good last night thanks to .25mg zanax.Don't know what i am gonna do tonight unless I take the last zanax left in the house.I felt a lot better today after getting some sleep..I guess It will be awhile before I start sleeping.I had an early gig tonight and broke down and drank a beer while playing ..Man it tasted good.It was the first one in 2 weeks.I stopped at 1 beer and it was fine..Same effect/taste as always.. no effect from the sub and beer mixed..I would not try drinking more than that on it tho..I am not a heavy drinker anyway.I have nerver drank more than a couple beers in an evening...I am just a lorcet junkie..lol...Today is day 12 on the suboxone and all is well except for the sleeping.Sister I am kind of scared of the seroquil and the addiction factor.The xanax does not scare me because I have never liked it...The sleep was wonderful last night.Felt like carp all night last night and the sleep really helped.

I finally slept good last night thanks to .25mg zanax.Don't know what i am gonna do tonight unless I take the last zanax left in the house.I felt a lot better today after getting some sleep..I guess It will be awhile before I start sleeping.I had an early gig tonight and broke down and drank a beer while playing ..Man it tasted good.It was the first one in 2 weeks.I stopped at 1 beer and it was fine..Same effect/taste as always.. no effect from the sub and beer mixed..I would not try drinking more than that on it tho..I am not a heavy drinker anyway.I have nerver drank more than a couple beers in an evening...I am just a lorcet junkie..lol...Today is day 12 on the suboxone and all is well except for the sleeping.Sister I am kind of scared of the seroquil and the addiction factor.The xanax does not scare me because I have never liked it...The sleep was wonderful last night.Felt like carp all night last night and the sleep really helped.

I continue to hear from different people about the addictive nature of seroquel. I think it's important to understand that seroquel has only been recommended here in very small doses for severe sleep problems while detoxing. No one is recommending continued use or doses usually prescribed for psych problems that can be 400mg, 500mg, 600mg or even higher.

Sister has talked about a 25mg dose. That is nothing. I took 200mg myself every single night for four months. Even with my extremely high tolerance to almost any medication it seems logical that I would have felt something of a dependency symptom if this was a common problem. I HATE PSYCH DRUGS. I am not promoting this medication. Just suggesting that we keep things in the proper perspective.

It's almost amusing when I hear about other drugs being used without fear but not a small medicinal dose of seroquel. And I am not picking on you here at all musicman. Your post just happens to be the one I am replying to. I have read all of the information from this web site on seroquel and even looked it up in my PDR. The only thing that is mentioned anywhere is ... and I quote .. "Acute withdrawal symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, and insomnia have very rarely been described after abrupt cessation of atypical antipsychotic drugs including seroquel. Gradual withdrawal is recommended ..... the clinical trials did not reveal any tendency for any drug-seeking behavior ...." Seroquel is not even a controlled substance.

Read up on benzos like xanax. It will, or at least should, scare the hell out of us from taking them especially for longer than maybe ten days and at a minimal dose only.

We should check with the dr before starting on any new medication. No one here is qualified to prescribe medications legally. I just don't believe that using a small medicinal dose of seroquel for a short time to help us get through detox and sleep is going to hurt us. It's not wise for people with cardiac problems, hyperglacemia, and some other conditions. It's just prudent to discuss med changes with the dr.

[QUOTE=Robert_325;210314]I
    It's almost amusing when I hear about other drugs being used without fear but not a small medicinal dose of seroquel.

What I meant was now Robert.A month ago I would have tried anything.I do not want any new addictions to start now.nd the zanax pill was not a threat.I have been around them and I know my history with them.However, I do not know anything about small doses etc obviously I don't know anything about it.I could not even spell it. .I have read in other posts tho that it could be a problem for me right now .Maybe I am missing out on some relef Zzz here.I will look into it With all due respect....on the other hand .. glad I was mildly amusing.
    Last edited by musicman48; 09-06-2008 at 12:12 AM.

Default musicman

Glad you took that as intended. Your post just happened to be the one that was there. I was probably being a little sarcastic saying it was amusing. I should refrain from sarcasm but it's usually done in fun like it was in this instance. I have to do something to break the seriousness sometimes. It can get pretty thick here at times.

I understand that the seroquel is not really an issue for you. If you don't have to have any drug I wouldn't take it. Just wanted to mention it though as people in all stages of recovery read different posts and it could help someone.

I personally would rather see you take a small dose of seroquel for sleep than any benzo. I was so out there on benzos too. It was pure hell for me when I stopped. Had seizures, electric shock syndrome, and all kinds of problems. So I am almost militant when it comes to benzos. Hang in there. You are doing great.

Thanks again Robert..I will keep you guys posted I have 2 shows tomorrow<1 a ritsy wedding"the other a Hotel gig a couple hours away. I am hoping for some zzzs tonight.Counting on my Chamomile Tea!Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Thanks to you to Sister.I will look in to it..Insomnia sucks...I could sit thru a 3 hour William F Buckley lecture right now or go watch Ishtar at a drive in. and not fall asleep ..lol....I know my references are dated...Thanks for all of your help!

Anonymous Guest

Hi Musicman
    I was just wondering how you were feeling, and if your back was ok?