Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By pgcc
  • 1 Post By ClassiqueMom
  • 1 Post By Strong Desire
going to dr. today for suboxone
    pgcc is offline Member

Default going to dr. today for suboxone

I'm going today to get a script for suboxone. The dr. has to send mt insurance co. a form for my insurance to cover it so that may take another few days. Once I have the pills I'm ready to make the switch, although I'm nervous. After so long on meth and having to wait 3-4 days it doesn't seem pleasant but I'm going to do it. The support I've recieved here, especially from Robert who is willing to help me every step of the way, has been paramount in making my final decision to switch. Thanks to everyone here, i'll keep you updated.
    Last edited by pgcc; 06-23-2012 at 07:13 AM.
    ClassiqueMom and Robert_325 like this.

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

pgcc... soooo many will! be here for you.. you can count on that!

keep us posted!!

allllll my best! and prayers, too!
    Classique MoM
    Robert_325 likes this.
    P - R - A - Y - E - R
    When life gets too hard to stand...KNEEL !

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by pgcc View Post
    I'm going today to get a script for suboxone. The dr. has to send mt insurance co. a form for my insurance to cover it so that may take another few days. Once I have the pills I'm ready to make the switch, although I'm nervous. After so long on meth and having to wait 3-4 days it doesn't seem pleasant but I'm going to do it. The support I've recieved here, especially from Robert who is willing to help me every step of the way, has been paramount in making my final decision to switch. Thanks to everyone here, i'll keep you updated.
    Hi pgcc,

You know you're in the right place! You will have the support you need as I certainly have! Robert will get you inducted the right way, on the lowest effective dose, and then you just follow what he tells you to do. He makes it real easy on you. Glad you posted and look forward to talking to you at some point. Keep posting as it makes such a difference. Take care and have a great day!

Hugs,
    Karen
    iloerose likes this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Morning pgcc: Like Mom and Karen are saying: you are in the right place. Keep posting and updating. Hang tough, you will make it to the other side of this!

Peace,

Iloerose

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by pgcc View Post
    I'm going today to get a script for suboxone. The dr. has to send mt insurance co. a form for my insurance to cover it so that may take another few days. Once I have the pills I'm ready to make the switch, although I'm nervous. After so long on meth and having to wait 3-4 days it doesn't seem pleasant but I'm going to do it. The support I've received here, especially from Robert who is willing to help me every step of the way, has been paramount in making my final decision to switch. Thanks to everyone here, I'll keep you updated.
    I just re-read your post and wanted to make another comment if I may. It seems you are going to be switching from Meth to Suboxone and maybe worrying a bit about the withdrawals? I can tell you they are not any fun, but they can be handled.

Think of it this way.....if that's the least you need to do and a new life will be the result of it, then those withdrawals may seem so little in the overall scheme of things. I was afraid of them too. But I knew that I only had to do it ONE TIME and I would have a new beginning! Best decision I have ever made for myself! It will be for you too!

So prepare yourself in advance. Know that you will be "sick" for a short time. It only took me the one day to get to that 26 magic number! It depends on the person and may take you a little more, or even less time to get there. Robert will guide you all the way so have no fear of them. You can do this! I INSTANTLY felt better the minute I took that first sub dose! And the cravings ended right then too!

So please don't worry yourself about it. A one-time deal and you will have your life back! Isn't just about ANYTHING worth that?

Hugs,
    Karen

pgcc is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Desire View Post
    I just re-read your post and wanted to make another comment if I may. It seems you are going to be switching from Meth to Suboxone and maybe worrying a bit about the withdrawals? I can tell you they are not any fun, but they can be handled.

Think of it this way.....if that's the least you need to do and a new life will be the result of it, then those withdrawals may seem so little in the overall scheme of things. I was afraid of them too. But I knew that I only had to do it ONE TIME and I would have a new beginning! Best decision I have ever made for myself! It will be for you too!

So prepare yourself in advance. Know that you will be "sick" for a short time. It only took me the one day to get to that 26 magic number! It depends on the person and may take you a little more, or even less time to get there. Robert will guide you all the way so have no fear of them. You can do this! I INSTANTLY felt better the minute I took that first sub dose! And the cravings ended right then too!

So please don't worry yourself about it. A one-time deal and you will have your life back! Isn't just about ANYTHING worth that?

Hugs,
    Karen
    Thats what I keep telling myself, one time and then I have the rest of my life. The meth clinic saved my life 5 years ago, I couldn't stop but now its just stunting any growth in my life. I can't look for a full time job because honestly, the meth makes me so complacent and lazy I don't feel I could handle it. Or school for that matter, I know both will be 10 times as hard on methadone then if I am off of it. I know some pople do fine on methadone, I am not one of them. I don't know if its the atmosphere at the clinic or the medication itself making me depressed and lethargeic but I can't function like I used to I know that. I could never do the things I did in the past on methadone I know that. So, yes 3-4 days of feeling bad will be worth the rest of my life. I hope I get the pills soon with this pre-autherazation my insurance company wants.