getting off subs, have some questions!
    bman90 is offline New Member

Exclamation getting off subs, have some questions!

i recently decided to get off subs, its been about 5 says. last week i used over a 2 day period about 2 80s of oc....so i started to wd on tues and i have 8mg subs, but all i need is crumbs to stop wding, so i took a piece wed morning at 8. very little bit. prolly like .25 and i decided to stop taking subs. so since wed 5/26 i havent taken any subs or anything and its sunday 5/30.....before all this i was on and off using, not that much but i was smoking 80s. and taking 1/8 of a sub to get off them. im just wondering how much longer this will last, it seemed to me that the first like 2 days were the worse, i just cant get comfy, although i slept for 10 hours last night and thats the first time i slept that long. i just dont feel good, super restless, cant get comfy you guys know how it feels. if i take a piece of sub will it put me back to the start agian? i just am not sure what to do..... i dont feel as bad as i have before, its just really annoyin right now cause i dont wanna go out i get cold sweats no energy, sometimes ill be fine for a couple hours and i think i kicked the physical part but i end up feeling bad again, like it comes and goes in waves. i just want some advice i heard it can last for 2 weeks, i kinda just wanna take a piece so i "normal" thanks for any advice!

Melissa B is offline Senior Member

Bman,

Are you using the subs to get clean or are you just using them in between the Oxy's? Reason I ask is because this cycle can be very unproductive. You see, the drug in suboxone is actually a lot more potent then you think. For example, 1mg of buprenorphine is equivalant to about 12-25mgs of oxycodone and the half life is much longer meaning it stays in your system almost 3 times as long. You can literally go for a couple days before you start to feel really bad. You feel bad a lot quicker when you stop the oxycodone then you do stopping the subs. You probably haven't given your body enough time to adjust. Suboxone has a strange way of sneaking up on you when you think your through the worst. How long have you been using and how much? What is your goal?

Peace
    Melissa
    Melissa

Anonymous Guest

Default good on ya bman

hey mate, first of all, congratulations, good on ya, thats no mean feat gettin off subs and you have done it. awesome.
    theres a good thread to read, intelmetals own thread, he got off subs.
    i have heard it takes 13 days to feel "right" again, theres is something called the thomas recipe, it has lots of things in it that may help you thru this.

if you google it, you will find it.

all the best
    keep going,
    cheeky

cferd is offline Member

It doesn't sound like you ever stopped using and the subs just helped you recover from smoking the OC.If I understand your post correctly, you did 2 80 OC's last week to come off the sub,now you just need little peices of an 8mg sub to get out of wds. That's the reason you don't feel comfy. Stop using and you'll feel better in a week or two. The above poster gave some excellent resources for you to look into for detox help.

intelmetal is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bman90 View Post
    i recently decided to get off subs, its been about 5 says. last week i used over a 2 day period about 2 80s of oc....so i started to wd on tues and i have 8mg subs, but all i need is crumbs to stop wding, so i took a piece wed morning at 8. very little bit. prolly like .25 and i decided to stop taking subs. so since wed 5/26 i havent taken any subs or anything and its sunday 5/30.....before all this i was on and off using, not that much but i was smoking 80s. and taking 1/8 of a sub to get off them. im just wondering how much longer this will last, it seemed to me that the first like 2 days were the worse, i just cant get comfy, although i slept for 10 hours last night and thats the first time i slept that long. i just dont feel good, super restless, cant get comfy you guys know how it feels. if i take a piece of sub will it put me back to the start agian? i just am not sure what to do..... i dont feel as bad as i have before, its just really annoyin right now cause i dont wanna go out i get cold sweats no energy, sometimes ill be fine for a couple hours and i think i kicked the physical part but i end up feeling bad again, like it comes and goes in waves. i just want some advice i heard it can last for 2 weeks, i kinda just wanna take a piece so i "normal" thanks for any advice!
    bman, don't take a little sub at this point. You are almost there man, just hang in there for a few more days and you will be finished. If you want any tips for lingering effects, let me know. I have a long list of them.
    Good Luck!
    Steve

P.S. Stay away from the person with the OC's !