Like Tree1Likes
Gabapentin for Oxycodone withdrawal..working?!?
    Ggeo is offline Member

Default Gabapentin for Oxycodone withdrawal..working?!?

Ok, perhaps this is the wrong place to post this but this is where I always post so...I am on Day 2 of a taper from Oxy..last night I found some information on Gabapentin/Neurotonin (sp could be wrong on that.sorry) Anyway I had a whole bottle of the stuff given to me during chemo. Never touched it. Don't even know why it was prescribed. Anyway I took one last night. It was 800 mg which seemed like a lot to me however surfing the web people were taking it in larger doses, like 1200-1500mgs for Opiate withdrawal. Holy sh*t! Well it took like an hour and a half to begin to set in. At first I just felt a little weird. Then bam! I passed out and slept like a rock for TEN hours! Whereas the night before last I thrashed all night sweating, chills, the works! So, this morning I am woken up by my kids( didn't wake up on my own, would have kept sleeping and it was difficult to actually wake up) and I GOT UP out of bed before taking any Oxy!!!! What is going on?? I don't feel like taking any Oxycodone either! I'm NOT STIFF OR SORE! I feel a little strung out but other than that I feel NORMAL? Someone please tell me what's going on? Anyone ever take this for withdrawals? There MUST be a downside? I don't feel any need for Oxycodone on my second day of tapering?

Ggeo is offline Member

Default Gabapentin?

So I feel really strung out..but that's it..this is weird. I wish I could have taken less than the 800mgs. Maybe I wouldn't feel strung out now but still, i'll take this feeling over how I normally feel in the morning before taking opiates any day! At this point I don't want any Oxy, I can walk around, STRETCH, whatever! This was impossible before I took my morning 30mgs Oxycodone...From what Ive read tolerance builds crazy quick on this Gabapentin, however you're only supposed to use it for 4 days...you WILL have PAWS, but the physical w/d is supposedly eliminated. So...we'll see..

It works great...
    I know people that have taken it in smaller doses and helped with the acute phase and PAWS. They took like 300mg four times a day. Their doctors prescribed it to them for that purpose. So far they stayed clean. Good luck to you <3

Ggeo is offline Member

Default Darkest Star thanks

Yes, it def does something. It almost reset things for me. Even though I only took it the one night the following two mornings (which included this am) I awoke with no opiate pain...you know, the horrible stiffness, no sweating either. I felt very strung out though. I took my three 7.5s because I felt strung out, I have a terrible chest cold and I decided I want to continue the taper ? I am thinking about breaking one in half and trying one again tonight. I cannot imagine taking it during the day as it made me sleep like the dead.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Ggeo ....... You will also have to taper off the Neurontin./ Gabepentin creating another issue to deal with. Not to criticize but you're confused and you're running in circles grabbing at straws. You won't be successful until you get on a plan and stick to it. I understand your confusion as so many people are telling you what to do.

Lots of plans work. But you can't be successful doing a little of this one and a little of that one. That's just my best advice. Plus you are totally hung up about this PAWS thing which I've explained numerous times is not the deal in your situation. You should get that out of your mind. I told you that I would have you clean in six weeks relatively painlessly. Can you do better than that? And I'm not trying to sell myself.

It's your call regardless. If you want my help I am here. If you don't just tell me. No hard feelings either way. I simply try to share my experience, strength and hope here and help people if they want it. My success ratio speaks for itself. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Ggeo is offline Member

Default Robert I'm so sorry to have upset you...

Yes, while waiting for the sub Dr to happen I guess my mind is going crazy...you're right I am grasping at straws..I'm impatient and I want to be working on this right now is all! At least I haven't taken more than my 3 in the am the past 3 mornings is what I'm hanging onto at this point. And yes depression sets in at night....ugh..so I'm scared! But inducting me at only 1 mg sounds, well, not scary...I have read everything on your sticky now and understand it....again, my apologies for being all over the place..I'm sick as a dog with this flu thing and so are my kids...I'm sorry!

Anonymous Guest

gego, my history is a lot longer and more intense than yours, and when i switched to subs, (apart from horrible prec wd which i wont go into) i was tied up on the numbers, i had been takin tons of iv methadone, and was sure even 16mg of sub was way not gonna cut it. no way.
    but now of course,i realize its nothing to do with the numbers, its what gets you stable...

its easy to say, but STOP OBSESSING BOUT THE NUMBERS and whether 1mg will stabilize you or not,
    whatever stabilizes you will be the number, it will be ok. subs do work. then you can taper off them.

make one thread, keep to that, and people will be able to give you advice. you are bouncing off the walls round here right now, make one thread and make it yours.

all the best
    cheeky
    kiwi

Ggeo is offline Member

Default CheekySodv

Ok, sorry. I will try to only post on my Just Need to Talk thread. I am still going to talk to HumHun on her thread though as I consider her a friend. We found out she only lives 8 miles from me, we are both 51 year old women, we are both always vegetarian, sometimes vegan, sometimes Raw Foodists, both our looks and exercise habits have gone terribly downhill in the past year and a half and we've both gained about the same amount of weight, and we both have good looking popular partners! We have different health issues and are going different routes with getting clean, but still..! Amazing coincidences! Oh, and we both starting posting the same day! Thanks Cheeky.

Ggeo is offline Member

Default PS

Oh, and we are both addicted to Opiates....of course...jk, I know you knew that!