First day clean, need all the help I can get
    justakid is offline New Member

Default First day clean, need all the help I can get

Hey guys, Ive been addicted to roxy 30's for about a year and half now starting with 1 a day and now im up to 4 a day. I had recently quit for 29 days only to fall off and get back into the same old routine. I was doing well with just 2 a week or so but now im back to taking 4 a day. My family does not know I am addicted and I have kept it from them which is why im turning to you guys. I need someone to help me with this because it is such a burden to do on your own. i have read Opee's story and many others and they have really given me motivation that I am not alone and that I can do this. I am still young and have so much of my life ahead of me which is why i want to stop now because I do not like where I am headed.

justakid.

icandothis is offline Member

hey man i know where your at my drug of choice is also roxi 30s and im goin on about 3 yrs and 5-6 six a day. right now i am about 27 hours since my last pill and i feel like *&$%#@%&$. trust me bro it does get better ive seen the other side and it is nice. we just have to learn to live without out drugs and to cope with everyday reality on our own. much love man and good luck

thanks man good luck to you as well. I know its hell the first few days but it truly is better to get your life back when you do get throught it. I hope we can both get through this together, if you ever need to talk let me know. god bless

Anonymous Guest

Hey guys
    Im with you both..If there is anything I can do to help let me know..
    I have been there done that...
    Melinda

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Well good for both of you... 1 year and 3 months ago, MOTTAM and I got together and have been friends ever since. Good luck to you both and et us know how we can help.. Just get mad at the addicition, tackle it head on and go for it. Realize you will feel like A$$ for a week, but after that you NEVER have to feel that way again. Post and post often. Use this as your journal, it will help you as time goes by to both remind you where you have been and how you have felt, but also it iwll help others after you. We all need the good results to hear about and read. Google the Thomas recipe and get what you can, but mostly, just treat the symptoms. I never used Benzo's, I just made my mind up it is time and I gutted it out. It was hard, but after over a year I am so thankful for what I learned in the process. You are both young. It took me until I was 44 to "get it", so be thankful for that too. Lastly, And I believe in this too, Get a calender (people must be sick of me preaching this but it saved me) at the end of each day put a big X showing you made it that day. AS those build up, it gives you some pride and shows you how far you have come.... So, welcome to both of you! All my best..............CA

hey guys so i made it through the night and made the stupid decision to go to class today. Im now sitting in class wishing i were dead. I feel absolutely terrible, my stomach hurts my whole body aches and i am craving like crazy. Just wanted to post and say im still holding strong by boy am i miserable

Freedom4me is offline Advanced Member

Justakid,
    You can do it, It just takes a commitment. Stay strong kiddo. I know that sounds pretty simple but really thats all it is. Gut it out

mottam is offline Advanced Member

jkid:
    Welcome to the forum.
    Roxie 30's were my DOC also.
    You are going to feel like cr@p for a few days - then it ends.
    Prepare as best as you can. Get Imodium for your stomach issues, Advil, multivitamin, Gatorade.
    I went through w/d from this cr@p twice unfortunately. The physical stuff will end in a few days - stay strong and just take it minutes at a time if you have to. I was at work during w/d - it does $uck.

Anxiety/depression can get a hold on you fast - so just be aware of what you are feeling and why.
    As much as possible - stay away from stressful situations - at a minimum - do not watch the news cycle (the current election BS for example).
    Put on comedies/movies that are light. Music is relaxing.

Roxie w/d hits you fast and hard. However, it also is over pretty quick. If you can commit to yourself to taking it one day/hour/group off minutes at a time - you can make it through those critical 4-6 days.

I am just speaking from my own experiences. It will end, and you can get and stay off of them. You really need to get and put a plan in place, and just commit yourself to stopping.

Best of luck - keep posting.

Kindest Regards
    mottam
    Persistency is consistency

kathleen5hockey is offline Advanced Member

As a mom let me tell you how proud I am!!!! You have taken the first step to a wonderful clean life. You will get alot of support here, many wonderful people who have gotten their lives back. Listen to them. For a glimpse of what addiction can do to you and your family read a few other threads. It will ground you to do the correct thing. Good luck!!!

kathleen5hockey is offline Advanced Member

Hey, checking in, how are you? Please stay strong.