Fentanyl Patches lick
    bipolar is offline New Member

Default Fentanyl Patches lick

I made a terrible mistake (being an addict). About 2 months ago I started licking used 50 mcg Fentanyl Patches that were worn by my significant other for 2 days at a time. I want desperately to get off them. Has anyone had this experience and could they give me advice as how to wean off them. I don't dare tell anyone or my marriage will be over. Bipolar

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

After only 2 months and the amount of fentanyl your actually doing you should be able to cold turkey this.Give it a try,you may feel kinda lousy for 3-4 days but then you will start to feel much better.If you can do it this way then you should be able to be it.By the way, your playing with fire doing this,you could in theory get a lethal dose.Remember that fentanyl is the strongest opiates group there is,be very careful as many people have died doing what your doing.Good luck.....Dave

Thank you Dave.
    I am going to give this a try. I am terrified of Morphine and this was a stupid thing to do.

I am on day 3 of withdrawal from licking used 50 mcg Fentanyl Patches now. I feel awful, very depressed and am not interested in anything. I crave the Morphine all the time. Being bipolar doesn't help. I just keep getting more down. Does anyone know if the cravings and depression will start to get better soon?

Cats Meow is offline Banned

You will only start feeling better and better after today, good job!

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )-~

martyd is offline New Member

Does anybody know what those boxes are that pop up when your mouse goes on a word. I was telling someone that you can't get ox's by mail.
    Now if you put your mouse on that word [ox's] a box pop's up telling you to get ox's on line with no scrip. What's up with that???

abey042000 is offline Member

Marty~

I dont get that. Maybe you should turn your pop-ups off!

abey042000 is offline Member

Bipolar~

How are u doin sweetie? I just wanted you to know your not the only one thats ever done that. Ive read many stories just like yours. How are u doin now? Stay strong girlfriend!

Antiprepp1105 is offline Member

I think he means the words that are highlighted and made into links on peoples most by the website sponsors. Just ignore them.

It's called a hyperlink

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )-~

stickyfingers is offline Junior Member

I used to personally cut open and suck the drug out of the patch. 100 mcg fentanyl patches. Very dumb and dangerous. These are very hard to kick because they don't produce the quick, intense high of say oxycodone. But they stay with you for awhile and you essentially go about your day with a sense of well-being. So it takes a little longer to detox from these and the psycho withdrawls are fairly bad, because of the depression. It sounds like you had grown accustomed to functioning during the days on these. It'll take awhile before your body starts producing its own "feel-good" endorphins. Fight through this... go on Suboxone if it's too painful. You'll eventually get better and start flying high on the mythical pink cloud. Best of luck.

Quick appalling fentanyl patch story. A friend of mine worked at a morgue and his work partner was addicted to morphine. He'd actually take the old patches off the dead people they worked with. Now THAT'S deplorable.

ad5ri is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by mpvt

After only 2 months and the amount of fentanyl your actually doing you should be able to cold turkey this.Give it a try,you may feel kinda lousy for 3-4 days but then you will start to feel much better.If you can do it this way then you should be able to be it.By the way, your playing with fire doing this,you could in theory get a lethal dose.Remember that fentanyl is the strongest opiates group there is,be very careful as many people have died doing what your doing.Good luck.....Dave
    Is it really true that Fentanyl is the strongest opiate out there? Last night I cut open 6 of the 50mcg/hr patches that were prescribed for me and ingested the contents with 1/2 pint of Evan Williams bourbon. When I woke up this morning I was disappointed.

test

quote:Originally posted by ad5ri

Is it really true that Fentanyl is the strongest opiate out there? Last night I cut open 6 of the 50mcg/hr patches that were prescribed for me and ingested the contents with 1/2 pint of Evan Williams bourbon. When I woke up this morning I was disappointed.

test
    what does it mean when they put the word 'test' at the bottom of your reply?

test

test

test
    never mind, found out by myself. I accidentally typed something 'test' into the signature box on my profile page. Then I checked 'reply with signature' checkbox.
    sorry

test

test
    never mind, found out by myself. I accidentally typed something 'test' into the signature box on my profile page. Then I checked 'reply with signature' checkbox.
    sorry

Yes Fentanyl is the strongest, it's 50-100 times stronger the morphine, there is a drug called Carfentanyl that is 100,000 stronger then morphine but it is only used for sedating large animals.
    I guess you were trying to commit suicide, ingesting 6 patches, you need help mister.

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )~~

kobie34 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ad5ri View Post

test
    I tend to disbelieve this statement. A 25ug/hr or 25 microgram per hour patch contains enough fentanyl to kill a small horse. a lethal dose for a 150lb adult is 1036mcg. a 50mcg/hr patch contains in full around 7200mcg. in studies a 10mcg/hour patch showed to have 3400mcg remaining within patch after being used for 72 hours.

I don't know how you survived!!

Junkie781 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cats Meow View Post
    Yes Fentanyl is the strongest, it's 50-100 times stronger the morphine, there is a drug called Carfentanyl that is 100,000 stronger then morphine but it is only used for sedating large animals.
    I guess you were trying to commit suicide, ingesting 6 patches, you need help mister.

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )~~
    I agree, if you were disappointed that you woke up after doing that kind of volume of drugs, yeah, you should be seeking help, definitely. The fact that you posted those comments here on a public message board would suggest that you are looking for help, so GO GET IT!

Suicide is a permanent solution to what is almost always a temporary problem.

I tried killing myself many years ago with a >>>>>> overdose and I can honestly say that despite the fact that even to this day I still struggle with drug addiction, I am glad I didn't pull it off. I've got way too much to live for.

ad5ri, if you are reading this, please get help, man.

Swansong6 is offline New Member

Default The bitter end

What happens if you weren't told what this drug was
    and were giving 100mcg immediately no gradual increase
    and have been taking it now for over 5 years combined w/ oxycontin for break through pain and now your insurance stopped paying for it.

What happens when the last time you ran out your heart stopped
    and you almost died.

MY patches are almost gone I can't afford them
    am I done?

what can I do?

No one told me that the pain of taking these were worse than the pain
    I was feeling before? What happens now my body needs them sick as it is
    the oxycontin alone the amount would kill you if you stopped cold turkey
    what happens now?

Do I just expire I am all alone I have no one.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

You won't die from opiate withdrawl. Why are you running out, are you not prescribed these meds???
    Anyway, if you do go cold tuerkey then look up the ''thomas recipe'' and follow it as closely as you can. No one ever dies from opiate withdrawl, it just feels that way for a few days. Good luck and hang in there.....Dave

Bullwinkle57 is offline New Member

Default Fenatyl Addiction

I came across our post quite by accident. I too am Bi polar and like you my wife uses fenatyl patches. My advice is to be straight with your wife and get professional help. A lot of us with Bi polar also have substance abuse problems, I know I do. Obviously your bi polar is not under control.

tiffdewar is offline New Member

Default Holy Cow!

Why..why...why..?

tiffdewar is offline New Member

Default New to Fentanyl patch

I just started on the patch after 7 months of living with the pain of a slipped disk. It has caused the loss of the use of my right arm. Horrible pain. I tried every drug there was, all of them made me vomit. I'm on 3200 mgs of Gabapentin which helps a lot, but the pain gets worse and worse and I can't take any more Gaba. The doctor gave me the patches, 12's, which I started with 12, then he said put two on at once, so I guess 24 is what I take. Every 3 days. I have to say I have not been this pain free since this all started. The only thing is, it makes me nauseous pretty much 24-7. I have also had two strange lower back spasms. I don't understand though what about this patch that would be addicting?
    I don't feel a sense of well being, or feel high. I feel a little slow, truth be told, but I don't get a rush or feel anything other then I can finally use my hand and arm. I don't feel anything like what I have heard on the TV or the news. I have no desire to lick them or smoke them, only the desire to have my neck fixed. Why don't I feel what everyone is talking about?? Not that I want that, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has this experience?

sspankss is offline New Member

TiffDewar, how do you stand the gaba? My God that stuff knocked me out of my gourd, made me gain 30lbs in one month and when I started peeling the bed, I was done!
    The reason you aren't feeling high etc with the patch is simple. It is addressing your pain. Same reason I can take as much Percocet or vicodin as I want and feel no side affects... no drowsiness, no high, nothing. It's Like taking a few Advil (everyone thinks I get the good stuff but...?)Because when you are in pain the medicine works to ease the pain. When you aren't in pain or You take too much for your pain level, you get the high.

monkeysmama8610 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by tiffdewar View Post
    I just started on the patch after 7 months of living with the pain of a slipped disk. It has caused the loss of the use of my right arm. Horrible pain. I tried every drug there was, all of them made me vomit. I'm on 3200 mgs of Gabapentin which helps a lot, but the pain gets worse and worse and I can't take any more Gaba. The doctor gave me the patches, 12's, which I started with 12, then he said put two on at once, so I guess 24 is what I take. Every 3 days. I have to say I have not been this pain free since this all started. The only thing is, it makes me nauseous pretty much 24-7. I have also had two strange lower back spasms. I don't understand though what about this patch that would be addicting?
    I don't feel a sense of well being, or feel high. I feel a little slow, truth be told, but I don't get a rush or feel anything other then I can finally use my hand and arm. I don't feel anything like what I have heard on the TV or the news. I have no desire to lick them or smoke them, only the desire to have my neck fixed. Why don't I feel what everyone is talking about?? Not that I want that, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has this experience?
    I'm with you. I'm on the 100's for 3 days at a time and I don't feel any different from them besides the slight relief. I'm also on several other meds but still I never felt any different from the patch and the only problem I've had with them is when I was first put on them. The first one I put on made me sick as a dog for 2 days.

David7202 is offline New Member

The key word here is "ingest". Fentanyl is destroyed by gastric enzymes, and is the reason that Fentanyl is not available in any oral dosage form.
    Dave