Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree164Likes
feeling really nag nut not bad ebough yet
    pgcc is offline Member

Default feeling really nag nut not bad ebough yet

Im inducting to subozone and I geef bad but not bah emough i know. Thid is the first time ghoughys of quitting have git . I qiah i didnt havw ti go tjhrough this.

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

hang in there pgcc!! you only have to do this ONCE!! stick it out!!
    i asked for an update on your other thread.. glad to find it here..
    you WILL be in my prayers, OFTEN, thru the day!

Classique MoM
    P - R - A - Y - E - R
    When life gets too hard to stand...KNEEL !

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

You are not sounding clear: What is your score on the COWS worksheet? I wish you didn't have to go through it either: Hang Tough! (keeping your post at the top)

Iloerose

pgcc is offline Member

my stomach is a mess but i dont have many other symptoms my cows score isnt high enough. Maybe tomorrow?

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by pgcc View Post
    my stomach is a mess but i dont have many other symptoms my cows score isnt high enough. Maybe tomorrow?

pgcc,

Hang in there and it will be well worth the wait. Just make certain not to take ANYTHING that may make you feel better as it will delay your score. No aspirin, tylenol, ibuprofen, or anything like that. Unfortunately you need to go through this, but like ClassiqueMom said, you only have to do it one time!

Take care and make sure to keep posting as you continue. The others will need to see how your symptoms are doing and also keep reporting your honest score. I had to do the same as you right now, but when you do get to take that first dose of sub you almost instantly feel better! Stay with it.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

What is your COW's score right now???

pgcc is offline Member

been a little over 72 hrs now and again my stomach is bad but not much else. I feel overall bad, dont want to get out of bd but my cows sxote is not there.
    Last edited by pgcc; 07-09-2012 at 07:17 AM.

pgcc is offline Member

I took 1mg two hours ago. I feel ok, the same really. Any advice?

bppb is offline Member

You feel ok? What do you mean the same really? Like you are still w/d or you feel ok enough to get through the day and night on that dose?

Was your score on the cows at least a 26 when you took the 1mg dose????

Karen

pgcc is offline Member

I am pretty sure it was 26, its hard to score yourself, I felp ?????? though thats fo sue. I feel ok meaning not great still a llittlt better but not much better.

I am pretty sure it was 26, its hard to score yourself, I felp ?????? though thats fo sue. I feel ok meaning not great still a llittlt better but not much better.
    I am NO EXPERT here and hope someone that is may be reading and offer their help to you soon. But it seems to me that if you took that 1mg dose over 2 hours ago, and you aren't feeling good, then you probably need more sub???

I am in NO WAY telling you to take more sub and hope you understand that. I am not in the position to make that call right now. But that does seem logical to me.

Try to wait a while longer if you can. I know it's tough right now, but you need more help than I can give you. I feel terrible about that too!

Please if someone can help tis guy jump in here and do so. I would appreciate it, and I know that pgcc certainly would!

Hugs,
    Karen
    ohjohn likes this.

pgcc,

Are you sick to your stomach, or throwing up? Headache, chills, sweats.......what are your symptoms?

Do you feel real sleepy, or high at all?

Just trying to get all the info I can so that someone can be of more help.

Hang in there my friend. Wish I could advise more. Maybe I will if I know exactly how you're feeling right now if no one else comes along.

Karen

bppb is offline Member

It is important to explain your symptoms as best as you can instead of just feeling off. Of course more sub would instantly make you feel better. But it is important for you to distinguish the ok feeling. You dont want to feel bad, but you dont really want to feel good either. You want to feel just ok. A little discomfort through this process is to be expected. Don't take anymore sub until you give us some more information. Hold off a little longer, because we need you to be stabilized on the smallest dose possible meaning you need to last until tomorrow morning. So if your not ok enough to get through the rest we might need to advise you to take a very small dose. Please update us as soon as possible pgcc. We are all here for you.
    ohjohn likes this.

pgcc is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Desire View Post
    pgcc,

Are you sick to your stomach, or throwing up? Headache, chills, sweats.......what are your symptoms?

Do you feel real sleepy, or high at all?

Just trying to get all the info I can so that someone can be of more help.

Hang in there my friend. Wish I could advise more. Maybe I will if I know exactly how you're feeling right now if no one else comes along.

Karen
    My stomach feels better I went ahead and took another mg. I'm still not right though but not worse.

bppb is offline Member

My stomach feels better I went ahead and took another mg. I'm still not right though but not worse.
    In my opinion you shouldnt have took another mg just yet. Maybe .5 to see if that would hold you over until tomorrow. But thats ok tomorrow is a different day. I would say check back in with us in a couple hours. Let us know how you are feeling. Keep you head up and try to stay positive. This is all new to you, but trust me when I say its not as bad as it seems. Is discomforting at times but manageable.
    Last edited by bppb; 07-09-2012 at 02:43 PM.

MetalDuckMFC is offline Senior Member

You are really not doing this induction correctly. Assuming that you meant to use Robert's plan, and I am sure you did, you should have started with .5mg, waited an hour, took another .5mg, etc. until you were completely stable. Now you may be inducting on too high of a dose, which can cause a lot of problems as you move forward with your treatment.

What's done is done, though. But you REALLY should try to follow Robert's plan to a T from here on out. If you have any questions, just ask. Wait for a responce BEFORE acting. Robert himself isn't going tp be nearly as active, but myself, StrongDesire, HenryNCBA, and a few others have used/is using Robert's method, and should be able to advise you well enough.

You don't need to be so modest, Strong. You have taken to Robert's method damn near flawlessly, and I am sure that Robert wpuld truly appreciate you paying it forward, and helping with new members here. I think you're more than qualified, and you can always ask Robert directly for advice if you're a little stumped, and are unsure. Robert's plan is, in my opinion (and MANY others'), is the BEST one out there, and relatively easy to follow. The difficult part is usually the induction. Which you can ask Robert or Henry about if you are unsure.

pgcc, I wish you the best of luck. Congratulations on starting to fix your life. Just follow the plan, and ask if you're unsure about anything.

-Bobby
    bppb likes this.

pgcc is offline Member

I really have no idea what i'm doing I was half out of it for awhile there and I know I may have taken too much. I listened to a friend and ended up taking 5mgs total. I felt so bad i didn't care but can I fix this?

bppb is offline Member

I really have no idea what i'm doing I was half out of it for awhile there and I know I may have taken too much. I listened to a friend and ended up taking 5mgs total. I felt so bad i didn't care but can I fix this?
    You obviously can not listen to your friend. He/she is not the proper help you need. If you let your self go through w/d and suffer for as long as you did to score a 26 on the cows sheet why in the world would you give in so easy. My best advise would be no you cant fix this. Unfortunetly to do this induction properly you must w/d and score a 26 accurately to get stable on the smallest dose possible. Anytime you are in doubt or unsure get on here and post something, there a millions of people that will give you the advise and support that you need. Ready Robert's tapering plan and follow it to a T and be certain that getting off of these is what YOU really want. You could get yourself off of these in as little as 60 days but you have to do everything right, you have to follow it to a T like Bobby mentioned perfectly. You owe it to yourself to do it right and get it over with so you can move on with your life. There is no room for silly errors.

Anonymous Guest

pgcc....
    you've been preparing for this a long time.
    you have read robt's plan.
    you read what a 26 is...were warned to get there or higher.
    putting other's on the line for your mess up....
    people that are still battling their own battles, worrying them,
    then listening to a friend....
    instead of READING THE TAPER PLAN AND INDUCTION.....
    your bad!!!!

pgcc, calm down, but. 5mg isn't ideal, but you didn't blow it. Robert has never inducted someone at more than 4mg, but you're only slightly off.

Your options, as I see it, is to either not taking ANYTHING else, wait to be at a 26 on the COWS (could take another 3 day; Sub has a VERY long half-life), then re-induct.

Your other option is to dusy yourself off, and push through from here. An extra 1mg wont hinder you too much. It may make the process take another few days (depending on how well you follor instructions, or how long it takes you to stabilize after eash decrease.).

Personally, and this is JUST me, I would put my attention towarda finishing the taper COMPLETELY from here on out.

Let me know what you decide, and we can move on from there.

-Bobby

bppb is offline Member

Here ist he link to Robert's taper plan. You need to read it carefully and follow it to a T. You owe it to yourself to do commit to following it and not give in so quickly to a fast relief solution. It will all be worth it. But if you truly want help and are considering taking anything, POST ON HERE FIRST You will make it difficult for Robert and the rest of us to offer a helping hand if you dont follow directions and you do your own thing. Tell your friend to get lost if they aren't going to give you proper advise.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    ohjohn likes this.

Please take this post for what it is. Shadow ia correct. You didn't follow the advice completely, and now you may have to suffer more to get back on track. He's just trying to encourage for to follow through the plan 100%, or you'll cause more suffering.

-Bobby

Ok guys I will give my opinion only right now. I think that pgcc should listen to only ONE person when doing this, ESPECIALLY the induction! That is absolutely CRITICAL that it is done corrctly!

Bobby....thank you for the kind words, but we are dealing with someone's life here and I want to be 100% POSITIVE before I would make any suggestions or advice on this to pgcc. Yes, I have gone through it, but going through it and telling another how is a little different in my opinion!

I'm not being modest....I'm being truthful, and careful with what I say!

Not saying I can't do it, not at all. I just want to be certain that what I suggest is the right thing to say at that exact time is all.

I know that pgcc should have NEVER listened to their friend with this. They obviously know nothing about subs! And now he took 5mg's and the induction is blown in my opinion.

But I do disagree with bppb that it CAN be fixed. I just need to think about it for a moment. But I can't be one of many that make pgcc go on with this. There should be one person he listens to for the most part in again, my opinion!

Think it over you guys and let me know if you agree or not.

Bobby can you take this over? Do you have the time to invest?

Hugs to all,
    Karen
    lifewrthlivn likes this.

pgcc is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by MetalDuckMFC View Post
    pgcc, calm down, but. 5mg isn't ideal, but you didn't blow it. Robert has never inducted someone at more than 4mg, but you're only slightly off.

Your options, as I see it, is to either not taking ANYTHING else, wait to be at a 26 on the COWS (could take another 3 day; Sub has a VERY long half-life), then re-induct.

Your other option is to dusy yourself off, and push through from here. An extra 1mg wont hinder you too much. It may make the. process take another few days (depending on how well you follor instructions, or how long it takes you to stabilize after eash decrease.).

Personally, and this is JUST me, I would put my attention towarda finishing the taper COMPLETELY from here on out.

Let me know what you decide, and we can move on from there.

-Bobby
    I didn't take the 5mgs at one time i took 1mg every hour but I guess I let how bad I felt win over doing the right thing. I can't go back into wd so I have to work from here, why can't I taper from here or maybe 4mgs?

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

The way to fix it is simple..... Follow directions. There is thread after thread that outlines exactly what to do... Period. end of story. Not only that, there are individual threads detailing individuals on their own journey. the whole oops just added 5 more mgs just does not make sense. The simple idea is to start at the LOWEST dose and add incrimentaly.... 5 mgs is not incrimentaly... If you want the help, listen to those who are giving you input. All my best, Reid
    Strong Desire likes this.

That's EXACTLY why Robert gets so upset with people that just don't, or won't follow directions. I mean to me, if you ask for help, then you had better listen to those that are giving it! Thanks Reid for saying what I was thinking!

Karen
    lifewrthlivn likes this.

pgcc is offline Member

OK I could see robert getting upset if he was helping me but he wasn't. I have a feeling I may have needed a higher dose, I still don't feel exactly right but I'm coming off 45mgs of methadone. I wanted his help but he wasn't around today??? He says he never inducted someone over 6mgs so i'm still under that why can't I go forward from here?

I agree, Karen. Sadly, I can't commit to helping the induction. I have take it from there, but the induction needs far too much attention than I can give today.

Guys, the mistake made waa that he waa increasing 1mg every hour, instead of .5mg. He didn't just take 5mg at once. Wanted to clear it up.

pgcc, of course you can just start from here. It isn't ideal. You probably coulda started at 2-3mg done correctly.

It will just take longer now, and you will have to suffer more since it will take more reductions. The choice is yours.

But, please, stick to the plan from here on out. 25% reduction every 4 daya. If you stumble, or aren't entirely sure, POST HERE BEFORE making a decision.

Karen is right. This is your life, and you owe it to yourseld to do this properly, and to succeed.

-Bobby

OK I could see robert getting upset if he was helping me but he wasn't. I have a feeling I may have needed a higher dose, I still don't feel exactly right but I'm coming off 45mgs of methadone. I wanted his help but he wasn't around today??? He says he never inducted someone over 6mgs so i'm still under that why can't I go forward from here?
    I was just generaly speaking that's all. I think in my opinion only, that you just need to get stable now the best that you can and then begin to taper your dose.

So just tell us how many total mg's you have taken. Was it 6mg's total? You said you took 1mg to begin with, and then 1mg per hour for a total of 5mg's more. That would be 6mg's total. Is that right?

Or did you take 4mg's more with your friends advice and that is 5mg's total to this point?

And wait for an hour or so and tell us exactly how you are feeling at that time. What I don't know is, if you are stable or not, what to do about it. Do you take another 1mg, or do you reduce the dose right away.

It takes someone with LOTS more experience than I have right now. I want to help, but I just don't know the answer to that question!

Hugs,
    Karen

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast