Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
Failed Pain Managment test and employer
    A-Bomb is offline New Member

Default Failed Pain Managment test and employer

If you fail a drug screen at your pain Managment office, can they pass that onto your employer? Or are you protected?

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Abomb, Welcome! As a general rule no they cannot. However there are variables, did you sign an agreement that allows them to pass along this info to family,employer ect.? If not then you should be Ok. These may vary from state to state so answer is not concrete.
    Question is do you want to get clean or just worried about your job, what substance caused you to fail the screen? They can though refuse to treat you any longer. Let us hear back from you Surfdog

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

It's all about HIPPA.... you hold the cards on who knows what... Now as far as the pain Dr... you fail the test, he says Bye Bye.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by A-Bomb View Post
    If you fail a drug screen at your pain Managment office, can they pass that onto your employer? Or are you protected?

Have to remember that pain drs are so closely scrutinized by DEA and others as they write scripts for schedule II narcotics regularly. Some patients take their meds plus others' meds, still others get meds from the dr and sell them. So the dr can't place their ability to earn a living at risk over a person who doesn't adhere to the rules. They can tell exactly what you're doing with a toxicity test. But unless you sign a waiver of your privacy at the pain dr's office then Federal HIPPA laws protect your privacy in every state. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

I really don't remember if I signed one or not. I honestly did not think they could tell the difference between oxycodone and hydrocodone. But odviously I was wrong. Anyway I was givin some oxycodone that caused me to fail. I just kind of scared myself about the whole job thing. I'm not out of work or anything. I was pretty sure I was ok. But I could not find any answers on the net on this subject. Which is prob a good thing. But in terms of getting clean. Yes I do want to and I plan on giving it the old college try after Memorial day. Thanks for asking.

The OLD COLLEGE TRY doesn't work.
    caughtagain and MP5 like this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

So I shouldn't try?

I wouldn't. Not if I was going to do the old college try. That's just me.
    caughtagain likes this.

What are you talking about? Its a saying. Thats it.

Comeback Kid is online now Senior Member

I, as im sure Robert can tell, you don't seem to be in the mindset to WANT to quit. You just come off as if it's something you'll give a shot. Rethink things, and try again.
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?” -Father Martin on Step 1
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm)

lol ok. Sorry wasn't trying to get all emotional on a message board where I know NOBODY!

lol ok. Sorry wasn't trying to get all emotional on a message board where I know NOBODY!
    A-Bomb ...... You don't know me. NO ONE, trust me, would be more on your side than ME if you wanted to get clean. I realized you were just using an "old cliche" with the old college try deal. Thing is that people are fighting for their lives here. It isn't about getting away with our pain dr not catching us using drugs we weren't supposed to be using to start with. I was probably too serious with you, it's just that I deal with people in pain all day and I'm serious about all this. Don't do it for fun. Hope you take me the right way! God bless.
    Comeback Kid and surfdog like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    A-Bomb ...... You don't know me. NO ONE, trust me, would be more on your side than ME if you wanted to get clean. I realized you were just using an "old cliche" with the old college try deal. Thing is that people are fighting for their lives here. It isn't about getting away with our pain dr not catching us using drugs we weren't supposed to be using to start with. I was probably too serious with you, it's just that I deal with people in pain all day and I'm serious about all this. Don't do it for fun. Hope you take me the right way! God bless.
    I figured as much after seeing you in other posts. Well the problem is at least with the Dr. side of it is the Hydro doesn't work for me. It does almost nothing for my pain. I brought it up a few months ago but he just got ????ty with me and threatened to take them away if I didn't like it. But whatever. I need to be done with it in the first place. Especially if Im not going to get the care thats going to help my pain. Whats the point right? I know Im opiate dependant. Im not sure if their going to take my meds away in about a month or not. So I better prepare myself in that aspect as well. I know I failed my last test. Its just to much to worry about. I was going to try to taper off. I did try that in the past with a very half hearted attempt and I did ok. until I didn't feel like it anymore. But I guess a fail is a fail. Do you have any experience with Kratom? I know when I run out of "meds" I can count on Kratom to not have any Withdraw symptoms. I have done this a few times. I haven't tried to actually kick the habit using this method as of yet. Just wondering if you have any knowledge on Kratom in terms of a substitute.

iwantoutnow is offline Member

if you really WANT to quit then you have a good shot with the support here. i dont have any experience about krotam i used benadryl for sleep and anxiety and used an anti diarheal pill and that was pretty much it. i know if you need help on tapering there are lots of people here that can help with that as well. Robert tried to help me taper, but i have no will power so i flushed the rest and went c/t. you can do it if you really want to but if its a need and not really a want you may have a hard time. gl and i hope you stick around theres lots of help here.

I figured as much after seeing you in other posts. Well the problem is at least with the Dr. side of it is the Hydro doesn't work for me. It does almost nothing for my pain. I brought it up a few months ago but he just got ????ty with me and threatened to take them away if I didn't like it. But whatever. I need to be done with it in the first place. Especially if Im not going to get the care thats going to help my pain. Whats the point right? I know Im opiate dependant. Im not sure if their going to take my meds away in about a month or not. So I better prepare myself in that aspect as well. I know I failed my last test. Its just to much to worry about. I was going to try to taper off. I did try that in the past with a very half hearted attempt and I did ok. until I didn't feel like it anymore. But I guess a fail is a fail. Do you have any experience with Kratom? I know when I run out of "meds" I can count on Kratom to not have any Withdraw symptoms. I have done this a few times. I haven't tried to actually kick the habit using this method as of yet. Just wondering if you have any knowledge on Kratom in terms of a substitute.

I just don't do tapers with kratom. Don't see any reason to use it, even if some others disagree. That is me. I'll help you with a sub taper or even using the Thomas Recipe. There are people who use kratom but I won't get involved in that process. If you want to use subs or the Thomas Recipe I'll be here to help. Let me know if you want my help. God bless.

Why wait to after Memorial Day? If you want to get clean listen to Robert, if not it won't matter anyway Surfdog

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

A Bomb? Does the Ol College try work..... Sure it does! Sincerely, 46 year old who gave it the OL college try in college and ended up using for decades.....
    Waiting until after Memorial Day.. (I did that too with Every holiday)= not ready to quit
    Last edited by caughtagain; 05-23-2012 at 06:50 AM.
    Comeback Kid, MP5 and Robert_325 like this.

Comeback Kid is online now Senior Member

spot on CA! I could tell it from the first post. I can understand if you have legitimate pain issues that need treatment. But if you're just using to use, then get things straight.
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?” -Father Martin on Step 1
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm)

Well Im glad everyone has a ton of confidence in my ability to kick this. But anyway...I am going to give it the Ol College try with Kratom AFTER THE HOLIDAY because I don't like wasting money bottom line. But I will try to report back on how its going if I can remember. Thanks for all the confidence guys!

MetalDuckMFC is offline Senior Member

You need to understand, we are ALL addicts here. And most of us started with legitimate pain, and got through a doctor. And all of us lost the ability to control it. And it sounds like you have. Running out early, using other substances. It sounds like you are a full blown addict, and one that doesn't want to get clean whatsoever. This forum is for peoe who are trying to get clean, and looking for help with that. If you accept the help, then you will get tons of support from experienced, caring people. If not, that is also fine. We'll be here when you do need us.

Just answer, though; do you WANT to get clean?

Maybe I am a full blown addict and maybe im not. One thing I do know is im opiate dependant. Of course I want to get clean. I just had a baby girl a month ago and its costing me to much damn money to have any fun anymore!!! If you think Im going to fail at this thats fine. Your probrobly right. But Im still going to try because I have a sneaking suspiscion or however you spell that, that this might be the way to go. From what I see theres not much information going around on this stuff and whats the harm in learning so more about a possible solution or option however you prefer to view it. Again I will keep you informed

Anonymous Guest

oh a bomb the first big red flag to me it that its costing you too much.... so that means yes bro you are a full blown addict, because if it was just legit pain pills it you wouldnt be buying off the street eh...

come on mate. people are calling you on your bs is all. we all do it.... why wait till after memorial day, no time like the present. and im sure your daughter is a great motivator....
    MP5 likes this.

thalia45 is offline Member

oh a-bomb, when I think of the countless times I was going to quit on such and such a day, (holiday, vacation, alignment of the stars...) well it never happened, and like most of us I got here because of a legit prescription for pain. What I am going through now: yet another "taper" to quit... I had gone through all that and then the pharmacy called and chirped : your prescription is ready!

I did not pay attention to Robert's advice to not take it, and that prescription has cost me months of agony, hating myself for all the lies, and being stuck, yet again with another w/d situation....all because of one pill. And yes, there is the money, not so much because it is a prescription, but I have lost another year of life. Precious real life.

You sound like you have a chip on your shoulder about all this, but don't let that craziness keep you from posting. I REALLY hope whatever you do works, but I have been reading here for quite a while, and the indisputable conclusion is that we all share addiction. We didn't ask for it, nor do I feel anymore guilty about "having" it. Just one of the folks, as it were. Good fortune on whatever path you take, but one thing you WILL NOT encounter here is judgement. We have all been there, done that, and I, for one, give up.

I don't want to live my life this way, and it can get so much worse. Please God do not let me be the one who "accidentally" kills your daughter because I did not have all my wits about me.

Keep posting a-bomb; you are always welcome here.
    MP5 likes this.

MP5
    MP5 is offline Member

A-bomb..I hope you have read other threads, and realize that the reason you are getting the feedback you are getting is due to you non chelant attitude about quitting. I ,and I am guessing most others here, have never seen a successful story from someone who has the mindset you do. We are all addicts, we have been there and in the process have watched many people try and succeed, and many, many try and fail miserably. A smart man once told me, you can't just want it... you have to need it. How many people do you talk to that say they want to quit smoking cigarettes, as they are sucking one down, or have a pack in their pocket? Once you get past the point of just wanting it, and get to the stage where you NEED to quit, it is an easy enough goal to accomplish successfully. Sadly, allot of the time, once one gets to the point of needing to quit it is too late. Statements like "its costing me to much damn money to have any fun anymore!!" First, if it costs you that much, you are using like an addict. Second, and more important in my opinion, If you have the mentality that it is something fun, your going to have a heck a miserable time trying to abstain. At that point you will be doing what some call "white knuckling it", and that rarely ever works long term. If you are worried about the money, don't worry, you will find it(more than likely at your baby girl's expense), that is what addicts do. For myself, and all addicts I know, money was never a reason enough to quit, just a reason to not be actively using for a while. For me, I got to the point I needed to quit! I was to the point that after 4 hours sleep, I had to get up and stick a needle in my arm just to go back to sleep for a couple more hours. I had wanted to quit, and tried a bunch of times, but it wasn't until I needed to quit that I actually got somewhere. I can not think of anything "fun" about using, all that comes to mind is bad, bad, bad. I still have scars on my arms, but the ones in my brain reminding me of all the bad times before I look at my arms. You may not be at the point in your addiction I was yet, but with the mentality you have, you will have scars of one kind or another by the time you need to quit. I hope your baby girl does not have to grow up with scars that she had no choice in, or control over!!! This is a about fixing your life, and the life of an innocent baby girl that has no control over what happens!

We all want you to quit, I guarantee that. And I think you NEED to quit. If not for you, then for your baby. We just want you to get it, so that you will be successful!!

I wish you the best,
    Mike

Maybe I am a full blown addict and maybe im not. One thing I do know is im opiate dependant. Of course I want to get clean. I just had a baby girl a month ago and its costing me to much damn money to have any fun anymore!!! If you think Im going to fail at this thats fine. Your probrobly right. But Im still going to try because I have a sneaking suspiscion or however you spell that, that this might be the way to go. From what I see theres not much information going around on this stuff and whats the harm in learning so more about a possible solution or option however you prefer to view it. Again I will keep you informed
    Abomb you said u were opiate dependent. There is no diagnosis in the DSMIVR for addict/alcoholic. They are classified as whatever particular drug. dependent.Example opiate dependent; alcohol dependent; cocaine dependent I'm. Sure you understand If youwant to getclean people here will help ; if not that's. Ok too we all have been where you are now let us knnow Surfdog

MP5
    MP5 is offline Member

[QUOTE= From what I see theres not much information going around on this stuff and whats the harm in learning so more about a possible solution or option however you prefer to view it. Again I will keep you informed[/QUOTE]

There is plenty of information out there about kratom, and about recovering from addiction. But they are two different things. One is easy, you just eat some leaves or a tea made with the leaves, done deal, and easy as could be.

Recovering from addiction takes a little more work, but is much, much more rewarding for you, and your child!

There is in fact a reason you do not find much information about the two together.

Mike
    surfdog likes this.

Anonymous Guest

and really abomb the first post you put up here was about failing your test and would your employer find out... so really, do you want to stop...? or just get to a stage where you feel you are out of the woods with this indiscretion....
    you dont really have to answer, just ask yourself that question...?
    surfdog likes this.

Hey guys .... we all meant well but there is NO WAY that A-bomb is reading this or listening to one word anyone is saying. He will be using at his first opportunity just like all of us did when we didn't give a damn! How obvious could he possibly be? I know we have all been there, we can't save everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Hey guys .... we all meant well but there is NO WAY that A-bomb is reading this or listening to one word anyone is saying. He will be using at his first opportunity just like all of us did when we didn't give a damn! How obvious could he possibly be? I know we have all been there, we can't save everyone.
    lol nice try Robert. A little reverse phsycology? Look guys, the orignal post was because I was a little scared for my job. Not one time did I mention anything about getting help about quitting. It just so happens I am interested in quitting. But not for the reasons that everyone here is used to...I guess...I don't know really. I havent hit any rock bottom, I havent even been close to bottom. I just got myself in to deep messing around. Then I got hurt and got a rx from pain managment which doesn't do ???? for me anymore except keep me from withdrawing. So I turned to oxycodone and now my tolerance has increased and I can't afford to keep doing this. I don't see the point in it. So thats my story. Im not here to lie or step on anyones toes. BUT what I have seen thumbing through some posts on this site and others, Is when someone comes on here and says "hey I kicked it using Kratom" there seems to be a backlash that comes along with it. Why? Why would you dismiss information like that? Theres a lot of people out there who don't have a big problem with the mental aspect of addiction (not saying its easy) but their not born addicts who jump from one thing to another to fill that void. Their just affraid of, or cant handle the physical addiction. You always hear former addicts (I know once an addict always an addict) saying if they could just help one person get off of it they would be happy or they did their job or however you would want to put that. So with that said if there is possibly a easier solution out there thats been put on the fore front by a few, why would you dismiss it??? Seems counter productive to me. Thats not helping thats actually being detrimental. What are you really defending? Ive seen people telling them "well your just going to replace >>>>>> with Kratom" Really? That sounds like an excellent idea to me!!! Even if that person does get stuck on Kratom instead of kicking that like they should. Its still a no brainer to me! All Im saying is lets not jump to conclusions on me or how Im approaching this. I don't like that. Like I said nobody really knows me here. Im a very lighthearted person and like to joke around a lot even when Im faced with monumental tasks. Its just how I operate. Don't take it as Im not taking something seriously. Im going to give this a try and thats it. Im sure you guys are expecting me to fail and thats fine. Either way I will report how it goes.
    Last edited by A-Bomb; 05-25-2012 at 10:29 PM. Reason: grammar

MP5
    MP5 is offline Member

Do you know why Kratom may get rid of some wd symptoms? If So then you should understand why we are not promoting it's use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast