Extreme High Tolorence to medications
    mamakeith is offline New Member

Default Extreme High Tolorence to medications

<div align="left"></div >>="left">
    Hello, I am looking to see if anyone has any information on people who have an abnormal high tolorence to pain killers, muscle relaxers and sedatives. I am not a drug addict, but when I was very young I was fed LSD and cannibus and speed. In my older years (20's and on to my 30's) I would be considered "recreational" drug use, but never having a craving for continual drug use. I am a happy person who loves herself and my children. I just had a herniated disk removed from my neck with a donar bone fusion 3 weeks ago, which was very painful and although pain still persist, I still don't take anything during the day for the pain because I have a 2 1/2 child to care for and very little help from anyone. I am 5'1" and weigh approx. 115lbs. At night and actually 30 minutes ago I took my prescriptions, but I have had to increase the dosage to even get them to give me the slightess relief. My dosage of meds were 2 TALWIN, 2 FLEXRIL, 2 XANNAX. I can operate just fine as if I were just every day with no medications. I have had this condition all my life and my poor elderly parents didn't have any knowledge of what my elder siblings had done to me when I was young, which now they know. Is there any study or anyone out there that know anyone like me. I can stop taking the medication and walk away from it and live normally with out. I don't drink or party. I love exercising and being a mom and helping people. I have forgiven my sibs for what they did to me since they were young themselves and take the negative things that have happen to me and turned it into positive attitudes. I have no hate in my heart and love to learn. Is there anyone out there that might have some information for me???? I would greatly appreciate the information.
    Sincerely,
    mamakeith

bembem_34 is offline Junior Member

I dont have any info about this, but I too am also like that. I have been for as long as I can remember. I was prescribed 1 soma ( muscle relaxer ) 4 times a day, but that never helped me. I uped the dosage myself to 2 at a time and that helped. Am the same with xanx and pain killers. I dont know what causes this, but it is always been this way. I hope you an get more info. The over dosing can lead to drug addiction, so be careful. I know cause this has happen to me. Good luck

brenda

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

I can tell you that Talwin is a useless pain killer.It is an opiate antagonist.This was brought on the market for people who abuse narcotics but needed a narcotic pain killer.If an addict tries to pop 6 or 7 of these he will likely go inot withdrawl.It also make the drug have a ceiling effect so once you get to that point it won't matter how much you take it won't help.I would try and find morphine..........Dave

Finally my pain is under control!!!!!!!

quote:Originally posted by bembem_34

I dont have any info about this, but I too am also like that. I have been for as long as I can remember. I was prescribed 1 soma ( muscle relaxer ) 4 times a day, but that never helped me. I uped the dosage myself to 2 at a time and that helped. Am the same with xanx and pain killers. I dont know what causes this, but it is always been this way. I hope you an get more info. The over dosing can lead to drug addiction, so be careful. I know cause this has happen to me. Good luck

brenda

Brenda,
    It's mamakeith. Thank you so very much to responding to my plea! My new doctor has refered me to pain management, which will be in a week. She said that she, being a internal medicine doctor didn't have the information to help me, but that pain management would. I am planning a trip to europe this fall to see a dear friend of mine and he is also helping with finding information on that subject, as well, as my son's mild autisim. I would be more than happy to forward any new information to you when I receive it. I am also looking into eastern and wholistic medicines. Good luck to you, too!
    Beverly

quote:Originally posted by bembem_34

brenda

ocean80 is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by mamakeith

<div align="left"></div >>="left">
    Hello, I am looking to see if anyone has any information on people who have an abnormal high tolorence to pain killers, muscle relaxers and sedatives. I am not a drug addict, but when I was very young I was fed LSD and cannibus and speed. In my older years (20's and on to my 30's) I would be considered "recreational" drug use, but never having a craving for continual drug use. I am a happy person who loves herself and my children. I just had a herniated disk removed from my neck with a donar bone fusion 3 weeks ago, which was very painful and although pain still persist, I still don't take anything during the day for the pain because I have a 2 1/2 child to care for and very little help from anyone. I am 5'1" and weigh approx. 115lbs. At night and actually 30 minutes ago I took my prescriptions, but I have had to increase the dosage to even get them to give me the slightess relief. My dosage of meds were 2 TALWIN, 2 FLEXRIL, 2 XANNAX. I can operate just fine as if I were just every day with no medications. I have had this condition all my life and my poor elderly parents didn't have any knowledge of what my elder siblings had done to me when I was young, which now they know. Is there any study or anyone out there that know anyone like me. I can stop taking the medication and walk away from it and live normally with out. I don't drink or party. I love exercising and being a mom and helping people. I have forgiven my sibs for what they did to me since they were young themselves and take the negative things that have happen to me and turned it into positive attitudes. I have no hate in my heart and love to learn. Is there anyone out there that might have some information for me???? I would greatly appreciate the information.
    Sincerely,
    mamakeith
    Hey mamakeith....I also have a very very high tollerence to pain meds or any thing such as valium, etc. I tell the doctors, but they dont believe me. I have had 2 back sugeries and I also have fibromyalgia which is a very painful condition that affects your muscles and connective tissues....causes very much pain. i had a very serious car accident in April....rolled my jeep grand cherokee 2 or 3 times. I had a compression fracture of my L 1 vertebra and had a new surgery where they put cement into the vertebra with a small tube. I am now on 40mg of methadone a day. Ha Ha....doesn't really touch the pain much. But I cant quit this stuff cold turkey....its like going thru hell just decreasing the milligrams. I hope you find a way to cope. I had just gone back to college last fall and in feb. I broke my wrist while on vacation in Cancun....had to have surgery when i got home. I had just come from physical therapy when I had the car accident...now I dont know if I will ever get to go back to school....too much pain.

DrHadjian is offline New Member

I too have an abnormal high tolerance for pain meds. I have been suffering with Chronic Pain since 1987. I was diagnosed with several health problems since; i.e. PCOS, Multiple-level Degenerative Disc Disease with disc herniations & nerve root impingement, Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis and now cancer. I have been able to live and work up until June of 2002 when the pain became so severe I was forced to quit my job at the Post Office. I have been prescribed so many different pain meds that my current Pain Management DR is telling me there is nothing else to try.

This scares me as the pain is unbearable.

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

DrHadjian if they are telling you that, I would say it is time to find another doc, as it seems more like they are afraid to prescribe anything else for you, they may not believe you when you say certain meds, or dosage amounts aren't working for you.

There are literally hundreds of different meds, and med combos you can try, and I highly doubt that they have had you on all of them yet. There is always the TENS unit for pain, nerve blocks, IV pain therapy, and many more options, other than just pills.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~