Drug Testing for pain management
    Cashless2 is offline New Member

Default Drug Testing for pain management

HI,
    I posted this in a different chat discussion and noone answered me so hoping someone here knows the answer. I have been going to pain management for 3 yrs. and I'm on oxy's and percs and right now they aren't working because I keep reinjuring my back. I have to ask for the medication to be increased because I am running out every month and end up going through WD and I never thought I would be in the position. I am wondering if they test you to make sure you are taking the medication they prescribe, and instead of dying-puking,diahreahha,hot and cold, and all that WD stuff if I did some >>>>>> since thats what oxy's are made of anyway, Would it show up in the drug test as >>>>>> or just another opiate since I"m on so many anyway? When I go to the dr I am going to ask for an increase but right now I'm suffering and have 4 days left and don't think I can physically or mentally suffer this bad. Can someone please tell me the answer?

Cashless2

thank you very much lolkatie I guess I will just have to suffer then [xx(]

Cashless2

LolKatie is offline Member

quote:Originally posted by Cashless2

HI,
    I posted this in a different chat discussion and noone answered me so hoping someone here knows the answer. I have been going to pain management for 3 yrs. and I'm on oxy's and percs and right now they aren't working because I keep reinjuring my back. I have to ask for the medication to be increased because I am running out every month and end up going through WD and I never thought I would be in the position. I am wondering if they test you to make sure you are taking the medication they prescribe, and instead of dying-puking,diahreahha,hot and cold, and all that WD stuff if I did some >>>>>> since thats what oxy's are made of anyway, Would it show up in the drug test as >>>>>> or just another opiate since I"m on so many anyway? When I go to the dr I am going to ask for an increase but right now I'm suffering and have 4 days left and don't think I can physically or mentally suffer this bad. Can someone please tell me the answer?

Cashless2
    Random drug tests are usually done to make sure you are taking the exact amount prescribed, And also that your body isn't being injured from the dose (Such as liver from vicodin 5/500MG Because it has so much tylenol), And it mostly happens from people who are on them, And have been for a period exceeding 1 year, Which would be you.

My friend who was injured while working, Is on workmans comp, And is prescribed 200 Norco's a month, He gets tested about once every 2-3 months.

No, It WILL show up as what it is, >>>>>>, Not as an opiate such as a pill/oxycotton. Usually on drug tests there are different panels, One for narcotic medication, One for drugs such as marijuana, PCP, Herion, Ect.

Hope this helped you,
    Katie.

thank you very much lolkatie I guess I will just have to suffer then [xx(]

Cashless2
    No problem, You know what you can do if you really can't take the withdrawls, I know this sounds bad but i Urge you to do so if you cannot handle the wd's. Doing illegal drugs because you can't handle a withdrawl is not a good thing to do, This would be better.

Go to a local hospital and tell them you want a medication used for withdrawls because you were taking pain meds for your injury and no longer want to do so, But you can't handle the wd's. Or that you ran out, And you're having wd's. They'll perscribe one for either.. Then again, I'm sure if you told them the real story, They would perscribe the med you were taking untill your doctors office opens.

I'm an honest person, But if you REALLY can't take it (And when I detoxed myself, I COULDN'T have done it without the clonidone) That's the best thing to do ..

Clonidine is the one that most doctors perscribe for wd's, And i'll tell you now - It works great. I took it while detoxing myself from vicodin.

Great I will make an appt. with my primary dr. monday if I can make it through the weekend and ask for that med.

Thanks again

Cashless2

LOLKATIE
    I looked up this Clonidine and it says its to lower your blood pressure but under side effects its been known to make you sick as if you were under WD. So maybe you were thinking of another drug because I have 2 blood pressure meds already and I can't ask the dr. for another he will think I am crazy. Could you please let me know if you remember the name of the medication you are thinking of?

Thank you

Cashless2

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Oxycodone is not even close to >>>>>>.Most hard >>>>>> addicts wouldn't even take oxycodone because it's to weak.You don't know what your saying when you want to try >>>>>>.Stay on the prescribed amount.You are already showing signs of abuse and addiction so you need to get under control before you really get in trouble.....Dave

quote:Originally posted by mpvt

Oxycodone is not even close to >>>>>>.Most hard >>>>>> addicts wouldn't even take oxycodone because it's to weak.You don't know what your saying when you want to try >>>>>>.Stay on the prescribed amount.You are already showing signs of abuse and addiction so you need to get under control before you really get in trouble.....Dave
    Yes thank you Dave I"m quite aware of what >>>>>> does to you I have to live with it as I have an addict in the family. I got my oxy's and everything is fine, but for the future I got something to help with the WD called Prochlorperazine. I have been on the same meds for 3 yrs with increases every 6-8 months so I guess anyone would be addicted. I was only asking for someone to help me with what the test would show.

Cashless2

If you're concerned about painkillers showing up in your piss test, I really don't think >>>>>> is something you want to mess with. Surprisingly, the doctor may frown upon casual >>>>>> use more than painkiller abuse.

Jesus Christ will help you through. -Betsy

quote:Originally posted by betsy_still_tokes

If you're concerned about painkillers showing up in your piss test, I really don't think >>>>>> is something you want to mess with. Surprisingly, the doctor may frown upon casual >>>>>> use more than painkiller abuse.

Jesus Christ will help you through. -Betsy
    OH my Betsy KEEP Tokin..... I am drug tested by pain management its a law from the FDA they have to make sure you have the drugs in your system that they are prescribing you. And as stated previously there's no question about the >>>>>> anymore since I got the script taken care of.
    Thanks

Cashless2

LOLKATIE
    I looked up this Clonidine and it says its to lower your blood pressure but under side effects its been known to make you sick as if you were under WD. So maybe you were thinking of another drug because I have 2 blood pressure meds already and I can't ask the dr. for another he will think I am crazy. Could you please let me know if you remember the name of the medication you are thinking of?

Thank you

Cashless2
    It's for bloodpressure, But it is also prescribed for withdrawls.

When I got home from the hospital the day I really couldn't handle withdrawls,

(I went in, told them my problem, I was also having major, major neck pain, They asked me 4 times if I would like 2 vicodins, I said "Quit asking me that! I want to be clean!" And she always smiled at me and said know how hard it is sweetheart, I went thru it a year ago.. I will help you, Don't you worry")

The doctor prescribed clonidine.. I got home, Looked it up, It said it was for bloodpressure, So I called the hospital and spoke with the doctor who prescribed it, Even though when they gave me it there, And when I took it after I got it filled, I felt fine - NO withdrawls anymore, It works in about 10-15 min.. Anyways he said it was for withdrawls. If you ask him that - He'll tell you.

postalpup is offline New Member

Default drug testing while in pain management

Quote Originally Posted by LolKatie View Post
    Random drug tests are usually done to make sure you are taking the exact amount prescribed, And also that your body isn't being injured from the dose (Such as liver from vicodin 5/500MG Because it has so much tylenol), And it mostly happens from people who are on them, And have been for a period exceeding 1 year, Which would be you.

My friend who was injured while working, Is on workmans comp, And is prescribed 200 Norco's a month, He gets tested about once every 2-3 months.

No, It WILL show up as what it is, >>>>>>, Not as an opiate such as a pill/oxycotton. Usually on drug tests there are different panels, One for narcotic medication, One for drugs such as marijuana, PCP, Herion, Ect.

Hope this helped you,
    Katie.
    Anyone

I was injured 3 years ago and have been taking Norco 10/325 (about 4 a day) since the first surgery. I was recently sent to pain management and was given a drug test right off the bat. I sometimes smoke marijuana and had it 13 days prior to the drug test. Will this show up and what will they do?

postalpup is offline New Member

I was injured 3 years ago, have been on workers comp and take Norco 10/325 since the first surgery. I was recently sent to pain management and they gave me a drug test right off the bat. I sometime smoke marijuana and had it 13 days prior to test. Will this show up and what will they do?

cherry14 is offline Member

Please don't use the reason that you've been on them so long as that you're addicted...physical dependence is different than psychological addiction, and THAT'S the realm you are in if you are running out too early. It means you didn't take them as prescribed. Not everyone who is on these meds long-term have the mental addiction but we all will have the physical dependence. There is a HUGE distinction there.

It is also NOT the same thing as >>>>>>. At all. And, just an FYI, >>>>>> would show up separately on your drug test, so likely you'd get booted out of your pain management program for that. When they test you are they seeing that you don't have the correct amounts of your prescribed meds in your system due to running out?

I know this sounds probably pretty harsh, but sometimes harsh is necessary when you make statements like you might as well use >>>>>> instead.

khamelion81 is offline New Member

Unhappy @lolkatie

my GOD...HOW does your friend get that many Norco a month!? im a chronic spine pain sufferer (stress fracture in C4, 2 bulged discs C4-C5-S1 in a bad car wreck. i got "better" and had no major problems that a chiropractor couldnt help and did blue collar work for 12 years after. finally slipped disc at C5-S1 and had spinal fusion surgery at that level...and was told to be very careful, as the other bulging disc could rupture and slip as well) ive been going to a pain management clinic ever since, in which, my doctor only prescribed me TWO 10mg Norco per DAY (i say "prescribed" because i just got DISCHARGED from care because i missed a random pill count due to a FLAT TIRE)...i understand, it IS a case-by-case basis...but my residual pain from surgery (if basically did NOTHING to help/made WORSE), coupled with the doctors in the area's FEAR of actually prescribing narcotics to patients in SERIOUS need of pain medication to help carry out a halfway normal state of being/life

EgorsIssues is offline New Member

Hi Cashless2,
    I have been on 7.5mg Vicoprophen since crashing my cycle in 2003. I broke my back in 3 spots and I am fused from L2 to the bottom, have rods and pins in my ankles cuz they were shattered, had my shoulder replaced, broke all the ribs on my right side, and had a severe brain injury. The clinic will not allow me to take Norco since I have Hep C because of the Tylenol not being good for the liver. I started by taking 2 to 3 a day and after 9 years I am only on 4 a day. Some days I take 6 and others I take 2; it all depends on the weather and other factors such as amount of work done that day. The only way to get thru this is by using pain meds daily but have to take the least I can to get by or when you need pain meds for another injury nothing may work. Almost every month I end up coming right down to the wire as far as running out. I don't know about you pharmacy but even though my scripts are written out for 30 days, my pharmacy allows you to refill these scripts up to 3 days early otherwise you have to wait until you are out to refill. I guess that does not help if your script has to be called in every month, but if you have refills on it, some pharmacies will allow you to refill a few days early each month. I know this was not really what your post was about but the brain injury.......