Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ComingHome
  • 1 Post By Exhausted
drug test and what shows up----helpp
    hanhen is offline New Member

Question drug test and what shows up----helpp

I'm prescribed to Adderall and I had to take a urine test to make sure I'm not on any other medications. I was wondering if vyvanse and phentermine show up as something different even though they are in the same drug class? I also smoke weed every now and then...do u think they are looking for that in my system? Please help! Thanks

Fcgaels321 is offline Member

what is the drug test for?? when is the last time you smoked weed?? weed usually stays in your system for about 3 weeks....however it can last a lot longer depending on how heavy of a smoker you are...about 3 years ago i had to get a drug test and i was a HEAVY smoker, it took me 3 months to get it out of my system

ComingHome is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hanhen View Post
    I'm prescribed to Adderall and I had to take a urine test to make sure I'm not on any other medications. I was wondering if vyvanse and phentermine show up as something different even though they are in the same drug class? I also smoke weed every now and then...do u think they are looking for that in my system? Please help! Thanks
    Weed is almost always one of the items tested on drug test. Whether or not it will show up depends on when you last smoked, how often you smoke, and your body fat percentage (thc attaches itself to body fat). I've seen it get out of my stepson's system in just a couple days, but his body fat is extremely low, and he wasn't a frequent smoker at that time. But, I've also seen it stay in they system for a month in someone who was a heavy daily smoker. Bring any valid prescriptions with you to the testing facility, and you should be fine. The won't ding you for a positive with a valid prescription.
    Fcgaels321 likes this.
    There is ALWAYS hope

Exhausted is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by hanhen View Post
    I do not know the answer to this question but thought I would offer my two cents. The easy part is the weed, the length of time it stays in your system depends on your frequency of smoking and your body fat content. As a general rule, one month is the usual estimate, but it can be longer or shorter. I am not sure if they test for this or not, but you should always be honest with your doctors about ALL drugs you are using. Years ago when my husband smoked weed, he always told his doctors about it. They did not judge or refuse necessary care because of it.

Phentermine is a weight loss drug and can cause high blood pressure or rapid heart rate, so this too, you should be honest about since Adderall itself has possible side effects of high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke, etc.....you could be making a deadly combination and dosage might need to be altered in order to be safe???

I never heard of vyvanse so I checked it out, and again, heart attack and stroke are possible side effects. It is also an ADD drug so I would think that a doctor would not prescribe more than one drug for the same thing, when they have the same purpose and side effects. Since you are worried about it showing up, seems like you are seeing multiple doctors, which could eventually lead to "doctor shopping" charges or being flagged as a drug seeking policy holder by your insurance?????

I am not sure if they will test for all of these drugs or not, but it seems by the possible side effects, you may be taking a deadly cocktail! I would honestly recommend talking to your doctor about all of the drugs you are taking before you are "caught like a teenager" and cut off completely for something you might actually need. There is a reason they say tell your doctor about ALL drugs including over the counter medications. It is not so they can judge you, it is so they can prescribe the best possible medicine for your situation.

On a side note, just yesterday I read a national artical on how 1 in 5 adult ADD patients are liars about their conditions just to get a script. Doctors are aware and trying to crack down. I am not saying you are a liar, just saying laws and/or scripts might get stricter on guidelines and if you end up with a "sketchy past" on record you could be out of luck all together. Good Luck and Best Wishes!
    AmIanAddict likes this.