Drug Addiction Opinions
    Neuromind01 is offline New Member

Default Drug Addiction Opinions

Hi, Iv posted here and there, mostly on other boards but I make my way around. I currenty noticed this specific board need to talk, and Im willing to offer some information as well as obtain such.
    I posted a while back about combonation drugs, or using other drugs to come off "hard drugs" This, im must correct myself, is very tricky. If i call say oxycontin a HARD DRUG< while the next person can actually have not a severe problem with it, but say abuse the heck out of benzos, well, then I should not say, what drug is more of a challege or whatnot to get off.
    For example, Iv been severely addicted to 3 drugs. I can say the first DRUG< alcohol, not to an extent, but i do admit alcoholism. Now , then to GHB, where I got totally out of hand, then to opiates.
    I cannot say what drug was "the worst", ya oxys drained my pocket the most, GHB made me act a fool and pass out, and alcohol made me depressed and fight. But now, everyone is different. So if i refer to an example, its moresoe in my own tence.

Now, instead of just saying oh I jumped off the oxy train to suboxone, and adderall. To break this down, Suxoxone is a really good drug, number one: You dont get much of a high, if any, maybe a mood boost, or at first a twingling of a buzz. Second, there is a ceiling efffect, the more you take you dont get high. Actually i was on and up to 4 per day 32 mg. OVer 1 yr, im at 4mg.! WHY, because when i hit 8mg , and went down, IT WAS HARD> I had to go 6mg for a while, now im struggling with 4mg, sometimes backup to 6mg.

Secondly, I was diagnosed with ADD, TYPE 2 and 5. Adderall , was a god sent. I was actually diagnosed add about 8 yrs ago, and never did nothing about it. No meds, nothing. My drug addiction got worse. THen I bought a book ADD solution from the amen clinic, and the Neuroscientist psych, doctor, states in black and white, he sees so many cases where he puts younger persons on adderall, ritalin etc, and they do not use drugs where most often persons with severe add abuse drugs and alcohol. Since Iv been on adderall and suboxone, and im working my way down off subs, my drug cravings are like null, Actually an old aquantience came buy and pulled out a bag of oxys. I REALLY did not figit or crave, but I told him to get going if he plans on doing this stuff.

Another good thing, is I have offered 3 other people who were severe alcoholicts and opiate addicts my advised and medication routine. They are clean from the dope and alochol, except one person does tend to be dependant on adderall, but moresoe if he misses a dose or it wears off, hell double up. But the good outweigh the bad here, because Him, like myself, and another person, did 3 rehabs, aa.na, you name, it, and ended up using. Iv been on Just plain SSRIs, SNRIS, nothing much except some emotional numbness.

But Being that adderall is schedule 2, well I imagine alot of people think its still using. But If you look at it, I see no similarities in oxys or morphine, to adderall. Oxys are (TO ME ) alot more addictive, and have clinical uses for extreme pain, or cancer patients. Ok , well I have a pretty bad case of ADD, and the adderall has helped me more than I can say. I dont think Adderall should be classified with oxys, more like schedule 3. NOW meth, yes, cociaine etc. Even a handfull of schedule 2 meds outweigh or are just as or more addictive than the banned no medical use schedule 1 drugs. BUT everyone varies, and there are people who are really addicted to amphetamines, but I would say more so methamphetamine.
    ESp if one does not have ADD, well, then there just abusing the medication. But Iv recently stopped adderall, my doc put me on a trial of statterra. WELL, I must say, Im back on adderall yesterday, BUT staterra may be usefull in combining with adderall, lowering the dose of such, but my doctor will have to advise me.

TO wrap this up, Some pople just have mental disorders, that in a way cause them to relapse over and over, and the only medications that work are scheduled type meds, like benzos, amphetmaines, suboxone.

Ill post more , feel free to write back

GM

cowboy0812 is offline New Member

Default Cant believe the similarities

The similaries in your situation and mine is so rad. I would like to talk to you about the ADD types, and also mention a book to read called driven to distraction. Call me or email 570-650-8227 or home email andrewkupchik@earthlink.net

drew

Quote Originally Posted by Neuromind01 View Post
    Hi, Iv posted here and there, mostly on other boards but I make my way around. I currenty noticed this specific board need to talk, and Im willing to offer some information as well as obtain such.
    I posted a while back about combonation drugs, or using other drugs to come off "hard drugs" This, im must correct myself, is very tricky. If i call say oxycontin a HARD DRUG< while the next person can actually have not a severe problem with it, but say abuse the heck out of benzos, well, then I should not say, what drug is more of a challege or whatnot to get off.
    For example, Iv been severely addicted to 3 drugs. I can say the first DRUG< alcohol, not to an extent, but i do admit alcoholism. Now , then to GHB, where I got totally out of hand, then to opiates.
    I cannot say what drug was "the worst", ya oxys drained my pocket the most, GHB made me act a fool and pass out, and alcohol made me depressed and fight. But now, everyone is different. So if i refer to an example, its moresoe in my own tence.

Now, instead of just saying oh I jumped off the oxy train to suboxone, and adderall. To break this down, Suxoxone is a really good drug, number one: You dont get much of a high, if any, maybe a mood boost, or at first a twingling of a buzz. Second, there is a ceiling efffect, the more you take you dont get high. Actually i was on and up to 4 per day 32 mg. OVer 1 yr, im at 4mg.! WHY, because when i hit 8mg , and went down, IT WAS HARD> I had to go 6mg for a while, now im struggling with 4mg, sometimes backup to 6mg.

Secondly, I was diagnosed with ADD, TYPE 2 and 5. Adderall , was a god sent. I was actually diagnosed add about 8 yrs ago, and never did nothing about it. No meds, nothing. My drug addiction got worse. THen I bought a book ADD solution from the amen clinic, and the Neuroscientist psych, doctor, states in black and white, he sees so many cases where he puts younger persons on adderall, ritalin etc, and they do not use drugs where most often persons with severe add abuse drugs and alcohol. Since Iv been on adderall and suboxone, and im working my way down off subs, my drug cravings are like null, Actually an old aquantience came buy and pulled out a bag of oxys. I REALLY did not figit or crave, but I told him to get going if he plans on doing this stuff.

Another good thing, is I have offered 3 other people who were severe alcoholicts and opiate addicts my advised and medication routine. They are clean from the dope and alochol, except one person does tend to be dependant on adderall, but moresoe if he misses a dose or it wears off, hell double up. But the good outweigh the bad here, because Him, like myself, and another person, did 3 rehabs, aa.na, you name, it, and ended up using. Iv been on Just plain SSRIs, SNRIS, nothing much except some emotional numbness.

But Being that adderall is schedule 2, well I imagine alot of people think its still using. But If you look at it, I see no similarities in oxys or morphine, to adderall. Oxys are (TO ME ) alot more addictive, and have clinical uses for extreme pain, or cancer patients. Ok , well I have a pretty bad case of ADD, and the adderall has helped me more than I can say. I dont think Adderall should be classified with oxys, more like schedule 3. NOW meth, yes, cociaine etc. Even a handfull of schedule 2 meds outweigh or are just as or more addictive than the banned no medical use schedule 1 drugs. BUT everyone varies, and there are people who are really addicted to amphetamines, but I would say more so methamphetamine.
    ESp if one does not have ADD, well, then there just abusing the medication. But Iv recently stopped adderall, my doc put me on a trial of statterra. WELL, I must say, Im back on adderall yesterday, BUT staterra may be usefull in combining with adderall, lowering the dose of such, but my doctor will have to advise me.

TO wrap this up, Some pople just have mental disorders, that in a way cause them to relapse over and over, and the only medications that work are scheduled type meds, like benzos, amphetmaines, suboxone.

Ill post more , feel free to write back

GM