Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
DoneSub Thread
    donesub is offline Member

Default DoneSub Thread

Hello all!!!!
    I just wanted to be a bit selfish and start a thread for myself to chronicle my mood/symptoms after the initial withdrawal stage.
    This communication hopefully will help others as I myself get therapy from it. I am at about a month and a week past the initial withdrawal stage. This time I know I'm done for good because it just clicked. However it is still not gum drops and lollipops (Robert says it best).
    I believe I am experiencing some PAWS but mild. I still am having digestive issues which were believed by Dr.'s to be gallbladder oriented, however I am not too sure about that.
    It seems that the longer time on the clean clock, the more the symptoms subside. Has anyone experienced lengthy but intermittent stomach crud after a long(7yrs) time on subs?
    Secondly, has anyone had problems with drive to accomplish being elusive? I have a few good days and then out of nowhere It seems to take a step back for a day or so? Today for instance has been so wonderful that for the life of me I can't see how I ever got hooked!!!! Yesterday.....rough. It seems like a YoYo effect at times. The good days make it much easier to look to the future.
    If anyone has any ideas or past experience on dealing with these types of issues your feedback would be immensely appreciated.
    In closing for those struggling........ "this too shall pass" good days DO come and when they do, they seem like AMAZING DAYS because you have felt so bad for so long. Keep the faith and it will keep you........

AWESOME EVENING!!!!!!! NO STOMACH CRUD!!!!!!!!!!! No depression and a positive outlook for tomorrow..........YEA ME!!!!!!

DDAVE45 is offline Member

glad ur doing better.....awesome job on being sub free for over a month. Hopefully these mild w/d symptoms will dissipate.

Little to no symptoms today......... YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm getting there.......
    deleted116 likes this.

DDAVE45 is offline Member

you see......theres a reason ur name is "donesub"

RealTalk is offline Junior Member

Hey nice 2 hear ur story, I'm glad ur feeling good. I'm about 2 start a sub detox because its messing with my stomach and giving me severe pain.I've been on subs for 4 years and its catching up 2 me. What did u do for ur stomach problems and how did you get off subs?

Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Hey nice 2 hear ur story, I'm glad ur feeling good. I'm about 2 start a sub detox because its messing with my stomach and giving me severe pain.I've been on subs for 4 years and its catching up 2 me. What did u do for ur stomach problems and how did you get off subs?
    Well, truthfully it took me a coupe of tries to figure it out. What wound up working for me was very slow and fairly painless. I would taper by reducing 25% and wait until I felt mentally and physically stable then reduce after spending some good days at the stable dose (this gives you rest and keeps your immune system up). I got down to half of .25 for quite a while and I started feeling bad when I took it, instead of the other way around. I really didn't have any of the bad withdrawal onset symptoms, just a few mild lingering ones. I took a benzo for the first 3 days but I really dont think I needed it. I was on it for 7yrs, the stomach crud is not as persistent now and seems to be getting less in frequency and intensity. TIME is the key. You WILL get through it. Some get really luck and dodge the bullet all together with subs with little to no symptoms.
    The best advise I can give you is if it seems super hard for more than four days, your tapering too fast. take time to stable and have some good days before you go down in dosage and the rest will take care of itself. Prayer was the single most important aspect of my victory, just something to think about.

Jimmy36 is offline Member

It's good you have chosen to share your experiences, I have only just started subutex from a H habit, hopefully I can shed subutex sooner rather than later. Any advice would be helpful. And keep clocking the clean time.

Thats awsome, I believe in the power of prayer 2 and have seen many awsome things come because of prayer. Im happy 2 hear when you tapered down you didnt have many bad withdrawl symptoms. I was taking about 4mg a day and have been taking about 2_4mg daily. Im trying to make 8mg last me 3 days.The main problem I find is its hard 2 break down the medicine in really low dose, How did you do that? What mg and what form was easier 2 break down doses 4 u? Sorry 2 talk about myself so much because I am sincerely happy for everything you have done and your progress. You are a great model for me 2 look forward 2 the future and im happy 2 talk to you. God Bless
    Noregrets24 likes this.

Thats awsome, I believe in the power of prayer 2 and have seen many awsome things come because of prayer. Im happy 2 hear when you tapered down you didnt have many bad withdrawl symptoms. I was taking about 4mg a day and have been taking about 2_4mg daily. Im trying to make 8mg last me 3 days.The main problem I find is its hard 2 break down the medicine in really low dose, How did you do that? What mg and what form was easier 2 break down doses 4 u? Sorry 2 talk about myself so much because I am sincerely happy for everything you have done and your progress. You are a great model for me 2 look forward 2 the future and im happy 2 talk to you. God Bless
    I feel honored to be able to answer your question to the best of my ability. I traded a family member 8mg pills for the same Mg in 2mg strips. The strips are so much easier to get into micro doses. What was crucial to me was the strips and to slow it down. Addiction wanted everything "now". When you can slow it down and keep yourself "normal" it really is attainable for everyone with minimal discomfort. I am over a month now and the past couple of days have been like a gift from God. Joy, hope and the natural high that comes when the "dope fog" or depression lifts.
    A couple of things to keep in mind, there is two parts. First part is the withdrawal, second part (for most but not all) is a kind of fog which seems to linger but know beyond any shadow of doubt....that fog will lift and be gone.
    Get to two mg a day however long it takes you then reduce dose 25% and get fully stable (mentally and physically) until your realize you are fully comfortable at that dose (doesnt take long) and hang out there until you are rested and at ease then drop again. For me the initial W/D didnt happen when I slowed it down. I am now at the point that it has become a realization that I am free. I had about a month of pesky symptoms but the last two days have been..... there are no words to describe the feeling of how wonderful it feels to be free and grounded. I wish I had found this forum years ago.....
    You will get free.... I took SUB for SEVEN yrs for a small hydrocodone habit after a car wreck. Talk about killing a fly with a nuke. Dr.s just didn't know that much about them then.

Thanks for all the good advice I'm glad u have been so happy and life has been good for you. When I am free I will have my family and friends 2 keep me happy and the happiness knowing I'm free.I am also honored 2 hear all your sucess and thankful for your testimony, hang in there. If you feel good now imagine how u will feel as each day goes by. You are back 2 ur normal self but I know it can be hard mentally at some times. At this point u past all the bad parts and only have a good blessed future ahead of you. I feel so refresed and renewed knowing I have a happy future ahead and can look forward 2 the feeling of success as you have. God Bless

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

....The main problem I find is its hard 2 break down the medicine in really low dose, How did you do that? What mg and what form was easier 2 break down doses 4 u? ....
    hi realtalk .. these are directions that robert gave on how to cut the mg's..
    hope it helps..

Take a 2mg piece and crush it into powder. Use a single-edged razor and split the powder into four .5mg piles. Then you can use the razor to cut the .5mg piles into .25mg, .125mg, or whatever you need. Then just crease a business card and pour it under your tongue. Works perfectly! Hope that helps. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/314855-post13.html <<--click
    RealTalk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassiqueMom View Post
    hi realtalk .. these are directions that robert gave on how to cut the mg's..
    hope it helps..

Take a 2mg piece and crush it into powder. Use a single-edged razor and split the powder into four .5mg piles. Then you can use the razor to cut the .5mg piles into .25mg, .125mg, or whatever you need. Then just crease a business card and pour it under your tongue. Works perfectly! Hope that helps. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/314855-post13.html <<--click

Cool thanks, that does seem easier 2 crush it. Im in the process of hopefully getting all strips but I still have some pills yet and I will use them because the medicine cost so much and pill form and strips are same medicine.Hopefully I can keep working toward getting off subs, calling the doctors today right now to get started on my weaning. God Bless

you're welcome, realtalk..

glad to see you popped in and are already helping out nikamarie

there is also a picture i have bookmarked of how to cut the strips,

here's the link TO the pic, and then the pic itself..

hope this helps too - just incase you need it

http://www.naabt.org/tl/film_cut_dime.jpg <<--click to view

hi donesub..

i didn't realize this was actually Y*O*U*R thread that i was replying to realtalk's question..

i'm on my way over to his thread to repost the info, and then you go ahead and carry on with your thread..

i sure do wish you all the best!
    Classique MoM
    donesub likes this.

Hope your doing good donesub. keep me posted. God Bless.

hi donesub..

i didn't realize this was actually Y*O*U*R thread that i was replying to realtalk's question..

i'm on my way over to his thread to repost the info, and then you go ahead and carry on with your thread..

i sure do wish you all the best!
    Classique MoM
    Hey.......if you can help somebody.......it doesnt matter whose thread it is!!!! That is why we exist here.... to help.

Sorry I didn't respond quicker, I have been away "getting my head together" and clocking some clean time. I have beat the physical part (creeping up on two months), now I am at the point to re-establish my brains reward system. Some mild depression but that is to be expected. Overall.....comparatively speaking.... leagues ahead of where I thought I would be at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by donesub View Post
    Hey.......if you can help somebody.......it doesnt matter whose thread it is!!!! That is why we exist here.... to help.

Sorry I didn't respond quicker, I have been away "getting my head together" and clocking some clean time. I have beat the physical part (creeping up on two months), now I am at the point to re-establish my brains reward system. Some mild depression but that is to be expected. Overall.....comparatively speaking.... leagues ahead of where I thought I would be at this point.

Good news, glad 2 hear you doing good. From what I understand it takes time to get your chemicals in your brain back 2 normal, I would think your just about there. congrats, and God Bless. Keep in touch and let me know how your doing.

still free!!!!!!!
    ClassiqueMom and SuzieOf like this.

Thumbs up hey, donesub

H*O*T ! D * @ * M * N

uhh.. let me say that again..

H*O*T ! D * @ * M * N

thanx bunches for the update!

H*O*T ! D * @ * M * N

uhh.. let me say that again..

H*O*T ! D * @ * M * N

thanx bunches for the update!
    thank you sweetie!!!

O.K. Today was 100% normal and level........ WOW!!!! If anyone believes you cannot recover from long term sub use..... YOUR TERRIBLY WRONG. IT CAN BE DONE!!!!! Seven years of maintenance at 2mg for the last 5 years. It looks like for me the normal and productive returning is at a little over two months. Man it feels SOOOOOOOOOOO good. If I can do it, anyone can. Come on board, its a great place to be. Thanks so much to Robert, Henry, Classique Mom, and countless others. Without yall I dont know if I would have ever got the courage to get free. I know I have made it because my mom takes sub and often has strips out in the open, on the table etc. I see them all the time when I visit and almost gag. No temptation or craving whatsoever...... only disgust. Whoo Hoo!!!!!

dago77 is offline Senior Member

That's awesome..congrats!!!

detroit_boi is offline Member

congrats m8!!!! Im also looking to start feeling better after 4 years of subs AND >>>>>> abuse...been clean now for 15 days....still feel real bad, stomach, RLS, anxiety, loss of energy, no sleep etc, etc....but still, its NOTHING like first 5 days, so thats what im holding my measuring stick to. Whenever i feel bad i just remember the first days....Good luck to you and hope u stay clean
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-16-2012 at 07:03 AM.
    xoesmom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by donesub View Post
    O.K. Today was 100% normal and level........ WOW!!!! If anyone believes you cannot recover from long term sub use..... YOUR TERRIBLY WRONG. IT CAN BE DONE!!!!! Seven years of maintenance at 2mg for the last 5 years. It looks like for me the normal and productive returning is at a little over two months. Man it feels SOOOOOOOOOOO good. If I can do it, anyone can. Come on board, its a great place to be. Thanks so much to Robert, Henry, Classique Mom, and countless others. Without yall I dont know if I would have ever got the courage to get free. I know I have made it because my mom takes sub and often has strips out in the open, on the table etc. I see them all the time when I visit and almost gag. No temptation or craving whatsoever...... only disgust. Whoo Hoo!!!!!
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... you sound wonderful!!

now, you keep bein' strong.. but don't get too over-confident!!
    be sure, donesub, to always hold a 'healthy' respect (even, fear) of these
    meds..

if you don't stay 'on top' of it.. they'll take your weakest moment and
    quickly enslave you in that moment..

i'm just sittin' here, smiling ear -to- ear .. at how good you're doing!

keep on .. keepin' on! doing the NEXT RIGHT thing!!

remembering in prayers..

Classique MoM

Okay..... I had such a good day yesterday I can't believe where I was 3 months ago. It truly seems like a different lifetime.
    For those of you that have been told you can't recover and feel happy and productive fairly quickly is a lie.. I look back at 7 years of Sub and the recovery time to return to "normal" is a blink of an eye compared to time of use. It seems forever when you are going through it but please remember.... You will feel better than you can remember in a period of days not years. This is the honest truth.. Your life and the joy of freedom is real and obtainable no matter how long you have used.
    The pesky symptoms that hang out for a little while are your natural chemicals trying to stable. You may feel depressed or maybe hypochondria for a little while, a month or so but stay strong and your body and mind will level out and work together in harmony. Please believe me if you can hang on you will find it hard to believe when you get there how good life can be.

Bojangling is offline Junior Member

Hello

Your post gives me hope. Definitely what I needed this morning. Keep being strong and congrats on your sobriety.
    donesub likes this.

Still clean, stable and productive

Almost 6 mts free!!!!!!!!!!!
    DDAVE45 and Comeback Kid like this.

Anonymous Guest

good on ya mate. keep up the good work... woooo hooooo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast