Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Done with Suboxone, moving on with LIFE!
    DrewEast is offline Member

Lightbulb Done with Suboxone, moving on with LIFE!

Hi, Just thought >> start a thread about my experience with trying to get off subs. So heres a little back story. Started using Tylenol #4 about ten years ago due to a broken bone and intantly LOVED euphoric feeling I got, so I contiuned to take them. A few years later my mom died and that made me want to use more and more, so to make a long story short, over the past ten years (all of my 20's) ive been using opiates. Finally about two or three years ago, I started suboxone and it really was a God send for me because i did'nt have to worry about where I was going to get pills anymore. So about a month ago, after 2 or 3 yrs, I decided it was time to get off subs, I was tired of something be in control of my life.

ON 8/25/2010 I jumped off subs (2mgs a day) cold turkey. The first few days were fine but by day 4 I started to feel wds a little, nothing too bad just no energy and a few cold sweats, but nothing unbearable. Day 7 came and was still kinda sweaty and no energy but still able to be productive. On day 7 somebody told me that tapering would be easier and to just take a small crum and that will help alot, well me and this person battled for a minute about me taking the crum but eventually I did the crum betake the crum because I wanted and to feel better. After I took the crum I felt so much better but then I felt horrible because I felt like all that fighting I did to stay clean of subs for 7days was for nothing and I knew in my heart I didnt HAVE to take that crum. So after days of taking that crum I began doing the taper and it was petty much okay for me. Just had a couple of sleep problems here an there and a couple days of no energy. I decided that I was ready to go ahead a jump.

So my last doese of subs was Sept 28, 2010 @8pm so this is day two for me of no subs, just waiting to get past this half life. Up until now I havent felt any wds, I got some seroquel from my doctor for sleep because that was my biggest problem was no sleep, the rest was manageble. So its day2 of no subs. And so it begins......

OXYmom is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrewEast View Post
    Hi, Just thought >> start a thread about my experience with trying to get off subs. So heres a little back story. Started using Tylenol #4 about ten years ago due to a broken bone and intantly LOVED euphoric feeling I got, so I contiuned to take them. A few years later my mom died and that made me want to use more and more, so to make a long story short, over the past ten years (all of my 20's) ive been using opiates. Finally about two or three years ago, I started suboxone and it really was a God send for me because i did'nt have to worry about where I was going to get pills anymore. So about a month ago, after 2 or 3 yrs, I decided it was time to get off subs, I was tired of something be in control of my life.

ON 8/25/2010 I jumped off subs (2mgs a day) cold turkey. The first few days were fine but by day 4 I started to feel wds a little, nothing too bad just no energy and a few cold sweats, but nothing unbearable. Day 7 came and was still kinda sweaty and no energy but still able to be productive. On day 7 somebody told me that tapering would be easier and to just take a small crum and that will help alot, well me and this person battled for a minute about me taking the crum but eventually I did the crum betake the crum because I wanted and to feel better. After I took the crum I felt so much better but then I felt horrible because I felt like all that fighting I did to stay clean of subs for 7days was for nothing and I knew in my heart I didnt HAVE to take that crum. So after days of taking that crum I began doing the taper and it was petty much okay for me. Just had a couple of sleep problems here an there and a couple days of no energy. I decided that I was ready to go ahead a jump.

So my last doese of subs was Sept 28, 2010 @8pm so this is day two for me of no subs, just waiting to get past this half life. Up until now I havent felt any wds, I got some seroquel from my doctor for sleep because that was my biggest problem was no sleep, the rest was manageble. So its day2 of no subs. And so it begins......
    Hi, Drew. Good for you for wanting to get off subs after opiate addiction. I've been there and got the t-shirt. Robert might pop in on your thread soon but if he doesn't see it, you might post a new one with his name in the title. That is, if you want/need help from the expert. He has helped so many people, probably thousands, all over the world with the subs. He would help you if you need it. He was a true blessing for me and I will always think the world of him and Melinda, his lovely wife!

Good luck and you can do this!

Anonymous Guest

Hey !!! drew
    Great job...I know for a lot of people it is hard to jump from 2mg ..
    and you held out for a long time before taking a crumb ..
    I just wanted to tell you how happy I am for you..
    talk to you soon, Melinda

Thanks Oxymom, Yes Robert has been helping me out alot and Im going to continue to need his help. This is day three... Not so bad, dont have any energy to move. Melinda I read your post to jammy about putting on some good music and inspirational speakers so Im going to try that today. This has been one of the most trying experiences of my life... Im hangin on tho!

Anonymous Guest

Hi Drew
    I don't know what kind of music you like , but I was moving pretty slow this morning, so I put on Kid Rock, All summer long and with in seconds I was up and moving...
    Good luck today

Oxymom
    you are such a sweetie I wish you the very best life has to offer !!!
    talk to you guys later
    I'm going to go put my mail box in the kids around like to steal them.
    we live out in the country and I think them lasso them and pull them..
    It is a pain but it kind of makes me laugh, I can just see those kids out there pulling up all those mail boxes there was like 12 missing on my street..
    talk to guys soon, Melinda

winged eagle is offline Advanced Member

Drew, I just wanted to say congrats and that what you're accomplishing here isn't just a triumph for you, it's one for all of us!
    Keep hanging on, I know it's hard, but there's sooo much to look forward to later
    Thanks for posting this thread!

cherdox57 is offline Senior Member

Default Hi Drew

Just came by to lend support. GOOD GOIN on day 4. Keep up the great work. Proud of you. It's a tough ride but you can do it, YOU ARE DOING IT.
    Hope the info I left on my thread helped.
    TRY TO KEEP MOVING like Melinda said. Funny I use housework to do it. Should get me an IPOD when I finally get to the finish.
    I started my taper again and hope that it works. Taking my time.
    Hugs
    Cher

jammymommy is offline Senior Member

Here you are!!!!!
    I was worried about you....
    You are one determined man, Drew!
    You WILL do this & we are all here cheering you on.
    hugs & kisses,
    jammy

Sorry guys I didnt post alot yesterday but with good reason, I slept most of the day yesterday and thru the night without having to take the seroquel, I guess my body decided enough was enough of sleep, no slepp, sleep, no sleep. But this is day 4 of no subs and to tell the honest to God truth, its bareable, I want to take some subs just so I can feel completley normal but I dont have to, My hands are a little sweaty but Im doing great to be going thru detox.

Jammy, Cher, Winged Eagle, Melinda, Robert, Cat, Oxymom and anybody I missed, thanks for the support, you guys having my back in this gave me push to do this, and even tho I think Roberts advice to have me taper all the way down was better, Im going to stick this out!
    Also, this is has been my first exprience starting a thread, so sorry if it seemed like I disappeared, I was trying to figure out how to make sure you guys new that there was a new thread... Im not sure how all this works lol but yea day4...LETS GO!
    Last edited by DrewEast; 10-02-2010 at 12:54 PM.

7pm and not doing so good, gotta get up and go walk, havent eaten yet about to try. Its just hard making your body move when it feels like everything weighs triple!

Drew, sweet Drew!!!
    LISTEN...you NEED to eat! Protein is very important!!! (okay, that's my motherly nagging coming out!)
    I'm SO proud of you!
    Day #4 - this is probably going to be the worst of it, Buddy.
    You've got all the info. you need & you're DOING it!!!!
    Love,
    jam

Hey Jammy "a little motherly nagging" is always welcome over here! lol
    Yea Im going to get up and eat and try to walk a little, its starting to get cold here in Michigan, I hate summer is over... Time is going by fast, My buddies keep teasin me becuz they know im having a tough time accepting that ill be turning 30 in a few months...30! NOOOOOO! LOL

Oh man, you were born in 1980???
    I was born in 1960!!!!
    I still feel like I should be in my twenties...
    And you will too!
    Your thirties are going to ROCK, boy!!!!!
    Happy Birthday!!!!!
    (now make sure your friends put some protein powder in that cake!!! tee hee!)
    Love,
    Momma jammy

Quote Originally Posted by jammymommy View Post
    Oh man, you were born in 1980???
    I was born in 1960!!!!
    I still feel like I should be in my twenties...
    And you will too!
    Your thirties are going to ROCK, boy!!!!!
    Happy Birthday!!!!!
    (now make sure your friends put some protein powder in that cake!!! tee hee!)
    Love,
    Momma jammy
    Well actually its in April but it just seem to be coming quick...Jam, you scared me saying happy birthday lol We not going to have any of that.. Actually its kinda been part of the driving force for me to get off subs.. I started my 20's on opiates, I REFUSE TO END THEM ON OPIATES!

Good Boy!!!!
    Okay, enjoy the rest of your twenties
    momma j

cherdox57 is offline Senior Member

I agree Drew beginning your 30's clean will be a mark on the calendar for you. Something you can remember with pride that you did for yourself. A good birthday present.
    Well I was born in 1952. A true elder of the lot. I know some others are older than me.I may be 57 but I look much younger. Truly blessed with good genes as far as youth. Now health is another story.
    So Drew make this birthday in April a BIG CELEBRATION OF SOBRIETY. A one candle wish to you. HIP HIP HOORAY.
    HUGS
    Cher

karaboo is offline Senior Member

Drew,

You're making me feel old & I just turned 31 in august lol!

Strength & courage is moving forward in spite of the fear

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

i was born in 1949. Bet no one can top (or bottom) that!.... I grew up with no computer, no cell phone, no microwave, no answering machines - you had to actually get up off your behind if you wanted to change the channel and then, there were only like 7 channels to choose from. The one thing we did have back then was drugs, sad, that. Drew, youre doing great. Just bear in mind, it will not get worse and can only get better. Stay the course. Let 30 be the new era of being drug free. You can do it and you will.

summertime4me is offline Member

Default Hmmmmmmm. . .

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkgal View Post
    i was born in 1949. Bet no one can top (or bottom) that!.... I grew up with no computer, no cell phone, no microwave, no answering machines - you had to actually get up off your behind if you wanted to change the channel and then, there were only like 7 channels to choose from. The one thing we did have back then was drugs, sad, that. Drew, youre doing great. Just bear in mind, it will not get worse and can only get better. Stay the course. Let 30 be the new era of being drug free. You can do it and you will.
    Oh, I think that someone here might be able to top the 1949 thing. . .

Hey Young man...
    How're you TODAY???????
    Peace, holy peace.
    jam

pattycakes is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by jammymommy View Post
    Hey Young man...
    How're you TODAY???????
    Peace, holy peace.
    jam
    Dear DrewEast,

Way to go! Just wanted to say hang in there, & that you are doing fantastic. Hey to everyone else, as well. Sounds like quite a little group. What fantastic support & encouragement.

I've had a rough emotionally draining day, but, reading ya'lls posts & seeing how strong you all are has kept my chin up. It has been 7 days w/o subs. for me. For some reason today was one of the hardest. Maybe I'm grieving my loss? I have no desire to use, I just am feeling sad & empty a little bit. Hopefully tomorrow will bring some sunshine back my way.

Hang on everyone. In my thoughts & prayers to all.

Patty

Checkin in....Today hasnt been a great day but Im hangin in there....Still sub free, Its hard tho.....Got out and went for a drive to day to get some air. Now Im about to go to bed for the night, hopefully I can sleep tonight..

Patty, Yea it is draining the no energy is the worst part right now for me but being seven days out its good to know that the worst should pretty much have passed!

...and sleep, sweet sleep....

You are doing great. It does get better every day and sometimes you don’t notice it. I still have some problems with energy and anxiety. I am doing everything I can though and that’s what gives me some hope. One day I will feel normal again. You will too. That’s why people get off the meds in the first place right?

daniellef is offline Junior Member

Default good for you

I am so happy for you! let your 30's be the clean years of your life. it is a struggle but it takes time and it sounds like your time is near to be share with many loved ones of the joy you have now brought back into your life with is that you are doing for yourself. best of luck to you. many blessings! danielle

Anonymous Guest

Hey Drew!...
    I wish you all the best in your recovery!... Sounds like your doing great I quit opiates the end of July after using for 8yrs. We all will SURVIVE! oh!,- I'm from Michigan too!...man, I don't miss the snow dude. I live in Florida now,...and am LOVING it!!! Good luck!
    Maryanne

Hey drew,
    hope you're feeling good today
    like fatcat said, it's gonna get better & better until......
    Energy, happiness, motivation!!!!!!
    Love you,
    jammy

Checkin in To say day 8 has started out pretty good..even tho I've had. NO SLEEP (even W/sleep meds). But It could be worse....I could be in bad wds rite now...so I'm countin my blessings and keepin it moving!

Thanks everybody for all the encouragement

Anonymous Guest

drew, you have done an awesome job

some of us wait till a lot longer for the penny to drop, many wasted years.

grab life by the balls and run with it mate,

great job, keep up the good work

cheeky

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast