Do you miss the energy of the pills?
    money_chick is offline Member

Exclamation Do you miss the energy of the pills?

I'm putting this is a whole new thread, cause it needs to be said. We talk ALOT about how much we had energy on pain pills and could get ALL our stuff done.. yadayada....

Well....

You know, this is funny.But whats strange is now being on pain medication ( a strong one at that, Opana) I have NO ENERGY. I've drug myself out shopping and enjoyed it and all that, but if I thought for one second that going back on pills would help me function and get more done, well... I was wrong.

This medication doesnt make me 'high' but I can tell Ive taken it. But am I up running around doing all this stuff we all claimed it helped us with?

No, I'm not. Now isnt that odd. If that doesnt prove that the drugs lie to us, what does?

So if you are craving and thinking "Gee, if I had somem pills to pop, I could knock this right out!" You are so wrong.....

Were you really getting that much done, or were you really just spending your time looking for drugs?

Something to think about there.

lilbri is offline Member

Default pills

Because when you are in pain they do not get you high or give you a buzz. brian

Anonymous Guest

Default Quite True

Quote Originally Posted by money_chick View Post
    I'm putting this is a whole new thread, cause it needs to be said. We talk ALOT about how much we had energy on pain pills and could get ALL our stuff done.. yadayada....

Well....

You know, this is funny.But whats strange is now being on pain medication ( a strong one at that, Opana) I have NO ENERGY. I've drug myself out shopping and enjoyed it and all that, but if I thought for one second that going back on pills would help me function and get more done, well... I was wrong.

This medication doesnt make me 'high' but I can tell Ive taken it. But am I up running around doing all this stuff we all claimed it helped us with?

No, I'm not. Now isnt that odd. If that doesnt prove that the drugs lie to us, what does?

So if you are craving and thinking "Gee, if I had somem pills to pop, I could knock this right out!" You are so wrong.....

Were you really getting that much done, or were you really just spending your time looking for drugs?

The same thing happened to me I was addicted to Vicodin for a year and took at least 12-15 sometimes more pills a day and I HAD NO ENERGY. They made me lazy and I had no care to do anything productive. I neglected myself, my friends, my family...everything. I actually gained weight while addicted. I guess addiction effects everyone diffrently.

Stay Clean !!

Camicus is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilbri View Post
    Because when you are in pain they do not get you high or give you a buzz. brian
    I only took my pills as prescribed and it was only for pain management. I still got high off them.

Anonymous Guest

Default Started For Pain

In the begining I took vicodin for pain management from Iraq related military injuries. (Read my story at Veteran Vicodin Addict) as time went by I took more and more for the same level of pain relief and eventually it became an addiction. Even when i took them for pain management I still got a buzz when i took them.
    It can happen to anyone.....just be careful !

rebeccabio is offline Junior Member

AFSGTSAM and all
    The "energy" thing is funny because I had lots of energy before pills and MEGA energy on pills but once the addiction got out of control ( taking 30 pills a day ,chewing up 10 at a time, then switching to abusing methadone taking sometimes 120 mgs a day 40 mgs at a time) then I had no energy. I am weening off suboxone right now and I have no energy. Im constantly having headaches, nauseaus all the time and more. If I could go back like a year and a half ago I would never start taking pills everyday and taking so many because for a brief 6-7 months of "high" energy Ive been crashing for the last 9 months. Ive lost my business, my money, gained weight (I was a personal trainer and fitness class instructor so weight is important) and Im lucky my son and fiance still love me. God bless all as we guess through this one day at a time, right? Peace, rebecca

stw66 is offline New Member

Well....

That was perfect.....

Robert_325 is offline Retired

It's often been said that drugs are nothing but a "lie" just as money_chick mentioned. All of the so-called energy we think we have, the false productivity we see in ourself, our ability to communicate better and be more "social" creatures is all a huge crock if we look at it honestly. Addiction is very powerful. Thats why it's so difficult to stop. We imagine how much worse our pain really is to justify taking more and more medication. Think about all the stupid and dangerous things we do and we feel totally okay about it when we are doing those things. No one has ever lied to me the way opiates did. I am so thankful that I am totally free of all that nonsense. Whatever price we have to pay to rid ourself of this parasite is money well spent, its energy well spent. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

Default Well Said Robert !

Yes, a lie is all it is !!!
    The pills made me think everything was ok that I was better but it was a lie....I was a mess and the pills almost stole everything from me, they hurt my family they hurt my friends and they hurt me.

Getting clean is the truth !!!!!!!

icandoitin08 is offline Member

Well....

Well said Money, that last part really struck a cord with me! I feel so at peace with myself now. I am not running all around every single day trying to find pills, or count pills, or look for money. Wow, and I thought they gave me energy, all they did was exhaust me. I feel so rested now. Maybe we thought they gave us energy because we wasted so much time chasing them and we had to get our housework etc. done in half the time...I dont think I ever relaxed when I was on the hydro.
    I am glad you posted this huge eye opener!
    Cheryl
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Every day you don't use, Give your
    self a HUG and do something nice for
    yourself!

Anonymous Guest

Hi money
    I just read on another thread that you were in w/d...
    Are you ok...Is there anything I can help with...
    I'm thinking about you,I'm so sorry girl...
    I Will be saying some prayers for you...
    Talk to you soon,Melinda

lilbri is offline Member

Default Pain pills and energy for a buzz

What if you took the pill's so you could walk with out pain ya i guess that would give me a buzz. Brian

oddly, I feel fine this evening Melinda. I dont know, it may be in my head. We'll see in the morning.

Libri- I'm worried about you. I dont know what to tell you to do, but I know you are still hurtiing pretty badly. I'm so sorry.

opiatelover is offline Junior Member

Typical drug addict thinking patteren. It can be comical at times. And even work out for the better. But for the most part, no matter what drug it is, if that person happens to have addicted behavior, then.. Ok i got off track. Yes, it is amazing the things that you can do sober jus as well as high if not better, most of the time
    ZenWithIn

Sh*t,, when I was high my house freakin stank. I looked like hell. My yard was sh*tty. And I thought I had it all together.

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see now what it was, really.

I thought I was keeping it all done. I mean, ike after I got clean, real clean, I looked arund and I had spent all my time chasing drugs. Hell, I wouldn't even shower till I got my oxy up my nose or down my throat, depending how bad wds were that day. LOL.

opiatelover is offline Junior Member

Im just the opposite. My house is the cleanest when i have pills. Without them i dont wanna do anything. Its crazy, even if im not high im okay as long as i know they're in my possession. Guess thats just the mentality of a users brain
    ZenWithIn

nate112 is offline New Member

Default My reason

My reason to continue using after i first took opiates was that imense energy and happiness it gave me. without knowledge of the risks though so i screwed up.

Nate112