do pain management clinics drug test?
    kaileyb is offline Member

Default do pain management clinics drug test?

i am about to be going to a pain management clinic. for the past two weeks i have been "self medicating" on methadone.... horrible i know but you get sick of being in pain, as many of u know. what i'm wanting to know is, when i go to the pain clinic, will they drug test, and if they do, for what drugs? thank u!

Melkm is offline New Member

In my experience going to pain management, they will almost definately drug test you if you are young and are complaining of pain that is hard to prove, i.e. back pain, migraine, etc... they want to find out if you are a self medicator and will not treat someone who tests positive for non-prescribed prescription medication such as methadone. I would stop taking it immediately and go buy something to flush out your system. Make sure to drink alot of water. Cranberry juice will help as well.

kaileyb is offline Member

thanks. how long does it take to get methadone out of ur system?

PainfulCrash2005 is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Testing...

They definitely test--not always when you first go (depends on the Doctor/clinic) but they do random drug screens when you go monthly. They not only test for illegal drugs, but for prescription drugs they DIDN'T prescribe, as well as testing you for the drugs they DO prescribe--to make sure you're not selling them, and actually taking them.

I'm not sure how long it takes for Methadone to leave your system. Sorry.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Methadone will take about 7 days minimum to clear your urine.Remember to take all medical files pertaining to your problem with you.Seeing that your own doctor isn't prescribing you opiates or has stopped will raise a red flag.
    It's still worth going to the pain clinic as they do more then just prescribe opiates.Good luck and let us know how your doing......Dave

vduda is offline Member

What's up Kail,

Actually, Methadone takes anywhere from 1 to 7 days to return a negative result. However, the metabolite can stay in your system from 1 to 2 months. But that testing is very expensive and not practical. It helps if you drink a gallon of water a day. Golden Seal root helps to clean your system out. There are other cleansers out there that my friends swear by. If you need that info let me know. Most pain clinics do perform a drung screen at your initial visit and then several times during the year. They want to make sure that your taking the medication and not selling or giving it to your friends or family or whoever. The problem is that if it is a "real" pain clinic you have to have proof of a chronic pain condition. Going in and saying I get migraines or my back hurts most of the times won't cut it. Personally, I have MRI's, CScan, medical histories from other doctors, including surgeries and past treatments, x-rays, and son on. The doctors see all my broken bones, screws, plates, scars, torn tendons, ligametns, muscles, ruptured discs, and basically gave me what I wanted. A referral is always a great help. My problem is that they want to give me outrageous amounts of opiates. Moreover, I have a conflict because one of the doctors at the clinic was also a psychiatrist and presribed me my anxiety medication. I haven't gone back for over 5 months because I am apprehensive that they will start throwing scripts at me for opiates. That's what happened the first time I got clean. Just too much of a temptation. So yesterday I went to a Psychiatrist and he of course wanted to give me everything except the med that helps me to control my anxiety disorder. For me all those other psych meds are killers. I have tried just about everything and have also experieced the worst side effects. He doubled my diazepam and I feel real stable. No panic attacks today, sweating is under control and so on. I'll see what happens. But definitely, go to the clinic armed with information and proof that you have a legitimate reason for pain meds. Good luck and God Bless

ishepherdu is offline Junior Member

Default just tell them the truth

Tell them your situation-that you self-medicated to ease your pain and discomfort. They will understand but may ask you to stop taking methadone, but it's a pain clinic and they will serve you to keep you comfortable.

Cool hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by kaileyb View Post
    i am about to be going to a pain management clinic. for the past two weeks i have been "self medicating" on methadone.... horrible i know but you get sick of being in pain, as many of u know. what i'm wanting to know is, when i go to the pain clinic, will they drug test, and if they do, for what drugs? thank u!

YES THEY DO CHECK YOUR BLOOD IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE IN THERE THAT SHOULD NOT BE THAT IS WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN GIVEING YOU THEY WILL TELL YOU SORRY YOU MOST FIND SOME OTHER PLACE TO GO . SEE THEY HAVE YOU SIGN A PAPER THAT SAYS THEY YOU WILL ONLY TAKE WHAT THEY GIVE YOU ANYTHING ELSE AND YOU ARE OUT . IT HAPPENED TO ME SQUEEKS

evolnick is offline New Member

can you buy pain meds online?

sandrasue is offline New Member

Yes they do random checks. I have been dealing with cronic pain for 10 years and I have been to a few clinics. I currently have a medtronic pump with fentanyl. I also take oral break through pain meds. I added you to my buddy list. This is my first time on here.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

No, you cannot buy scheduale 3 drug over the internet........Good luck....Dave