do mushrooms show up ina a urine test???
    BEACHSEEKER is offline New Member

Question do mushrooms show up ina a urine test???

I took 4 to 5 mushroom caps on sat night......on tuesday Im gonna take a urine test, thats only 3 days after I ate the mushrooms....I want to know can mushrooms be detected in urine test????
    and if so
    for how long?
    and what kinds of drug test detect mushrooms?

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

If they test for it yes... it will show up. Most pre-employment drug screen do not. 5 panel does not, 9 panel, I am not sure. Go to urine.com and they have links to show you what drugs screen test for. I think they also have a graf showing how long it stays in your system.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Psilocybin, mescaline and other organic hallucinagens will normally be out of your system within three days following a single use.

I personally think that taking drugs three days prior to a drug test of any kind is pushing the envelope. Don't know how serious this test is but I sure wouldn't do this again if I got past this one.

A simple five-panel test doesn't check for hallucinagens. Most nine-panel tests don't check for it either. The majority of nine-panel tests check for marijuana, cocaine, opiates, benzos, PCP, amphetamines, MDMA(Ecstacy), barbiturates and morphine. These more advanced tests are very accurate for what they check. They can check for anything they want, but mushrooms aren't part of the basic employment tests as a rule. Good luck.

bev49 is offline Banned

I have a probably silly, dumb question here. Aren't mushrooms, well, mushrooms??? I know they have hallucinogenic properties but aren't they a food product just the same. Just thought I'd ask

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by bev49 View Post
    I have a probably silly, dumb question here. Aren't mushrooms, well, mushrooms??? I know they have hallucinogenic properties but aren't they a food product just the same. Just thought I'd ask

Yes mushrooms are a food product. I don't know if the govt would agree these mushrooms are the same as the mushrooms we buy to eat with our meals though. I have picked them in seven countries and only cooked them once. Made omelots in Oaxaca in Mexico once with our mushrooms and went to the mayan ruins for the day. Just like peyote is a plant. Of course so are poppies, pot, coca leaves, the list goes on. Lots drugs can be a food source in the original state or at least a plant. That has been an ongoing argument about drugs for a long time.