Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
DID I JUST MESS UP MY SUBOXONE RECOVERY Day 5
    tomslf is offline Junior Member

Question DID I JUST MESS UP MY SUBOXONE RECOVERY Day 5

I will try to make this a short story. I lost my insurance was taking 2-3 8mg Suboxone a day for 1 1/2 years. I found out a week before getting a refill that i don't have coverage. My doctors office would even help me or give advice bc i didn't have the insurance for the office to care. I work 6 days a week and my last sub was on sat morning took a quarter of a pill. by day five i just couldn't take it anymore my legs where making me not sleep my mind was making me have suicidal thoughts I GAVE IN and took like an 1/8 of the half suboxone i had left. Anyways did i just start this all back up again?
    Or was taking that little bit ok?

Thanks for the help and support man this is so hard, i know many stories of people getting of them on here over months i dont have months nor can i lose my job IM SO LOST WITH THIS!

Any Input, I took that 1/8 last night and now my legs are starting to ache a little bit again so maybe it didnt mess it up?

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

I am by no means an expert on SUBS, but what I would first say is your dosage is very high.. Moreover, because it stays in your system so long your body just continues to add to what is already there.. My point being, what you are feeling is wd because your body needs more of the med to feel "normal" I will shoot Robert an email and see if he can get on here and give you some educated advice. Also, you can read around these threads and look for the link Robert gives people on how one should take/taper from Sub therapy... All my best, Reid

thanks for the reply,

I dont have any access to subs any more since i lost my insurance, and i did whatever i could to taper within a weeks time and left myself a half of a sub pill just in-case, i wish i could taper down thru a months time or so but didnt and dont have any other option except detox inpatient and lose my job,
    i have read alot on this but havent found an answer to my question i guess because so many people have this kinda thing happen to them. i have b vitamins l thyorsine magnesium trazdone for sleep and of course that long bath to get 30 mins of relief which is nice but i cant live in the tub lol

So I assume what you are saying is you only have like 4mg of sub left? How much and how long have you been taking 24 mg a day and how did you taper.?

Yes, I have been on subs for a year and a half. I found out i lost my ins. a week before i was to go to doc to get refill so i leaped down then before i ran out i skipped a day then took a quater of sub on sat morning. Then last night i couldnt deal with no sleep and legs i took a crumb like 1/8 of a pill after five days without any subs

were you always at that 8 mg 3x a day?

I Was at 8mg 2 times a day and i took 8 mg 3 times a day sometimes basically not prescribed my prescribed dose was 8mg 2 times a day sometimes like 4 times a month i would take 3 a day

here is the deal.... You have a bunch of Sub in your system. The reason you are feeling like you are is because with the high amount you were taking... The small amount that you took is just not enough to curb the WD's. That 4 mg that you have left, probably is not going to do much... It would be ideal if you could get more. Otherwise, you are in for WD for a while... Think of it as having the FlU. I have put a call in to Robert and I also emailed him and Azul to kind of give you their two cents on what or how to use the remaining 4 mg's. hang in there are just keep posting and we will try to guide you.... Reid

This is exactly why you hear people on here talking about over writing of Subs... *mg 3X a day or even 2 times a day is ridiculous. Just my opinion
    Last edited by caughtagain; 05-03-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Awesome looking foward to the input and thanks, yes i believe it was to much when i first started but have a doctor tell an addict hey you need this much..... YES SIR whatever you say, unfortunately that was me

I hear ya on that one.. Most Dr's who perscribe that, take a class get a certificate and off to the races they go.. Rope you in with high amounts and keep you coming back for more.... not a good scenario. In any event, brace for a flu. Google the Thomas Recipe and try to get what you can to help with the symptoms. I am sure RObert will come on here at some point. All my best, Reid

Is it ok that i took that 1/8th of sub on 5th day can i use an 1/8th to help or is it just going to make it longer

minivin is offline Member

That is a high dose of subs they had you on,if you get to bad off and im talking rough,i would even think about going to the hospital and maybe they might be of help,its just not good for you to be having suicidal thoughts and all,i really feel for you,just think about the hospital if you get really bad off.The doc shouldnt have dropped you like he did.Take care and keep talking to everyone here.

Ya i hear ya, can anyone say if me taken 1/8th of a sub after 5 days of not taking it is just restarting everything once again

minivin is offline Member

I dont know to much about subs,only that withdrawals can be tough,hold tight tomslf and you will get some feed back,lots of really good people here.I am still trying to get subs or something to help me get off fentanyl patches,talk about bad withdrawals,I do have doc app. in June,we will see what happens.,but i really wish you the best.

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

bumping up your post, hoping somebody who knows comes along soon!

taking 1/8th of a pill considering the dose might and I say might keep the WD's from going full blown... however, considering how you were telling us you are feeling... That tells me it has done nothing. As far as your question with respect to starting over, considering you only have/had 4 mgs left, you just need to hang in there and take a sliver or two when you are feeling bad until that 4mgs is gone.. If you can get any more do so ( I know you said you cannot). Anyway, hang in there and let us know how you are doing.. I am hoping Robert pops by.... Reid

Well last night was horrible my legs where not just restless but they felt like burning and right my lower back felt locked up stomach hurt. I did fall asleep but after two hours was wide awake and all pain was back tried to just deal with it I couldn't I took an even smaller amount of sub and slept I am to wits end with this.

Hang in there my friend...This flu thing is going to be no joke for a while... You just have to deal with it second by second for now... Do you still have that 4mgs?

I would say it's 3mg left, does it get worse before it gets better I don't even want to get dressed and go to work but I got to go. I told my boss yesterday what was going on with me that was hard but I wanted to be honest and we have a small company that me working is a must.

You are going to feel it for a while... You will start to notice moments of clarity that will come, but as time goes by, the clarity will be more often. If you need to take a piece of the remaining sub, do so although I am not sure how much it will help... hang in there

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by tomslf View Post
    I would say it's 3mg left, does it get worse before it gets better I don't even want to get dressed and go to work but I got to go. I told my boss yesterday what was going on with me that was hard but I wanted to be honest and we have a small company that me working is a must.

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I got Reid's message this morning a little bit ago. I spent yesterday from morning until almost midnight working with a personal friend with opiate, benzo and soma problems using tons of them. Took him to my old dr personally, had to talk the dr out of putting him in rehab and let me work with him. So by the time I got home it was middle of the night and I just got up.

3-4mg left with your history is not much to work with. That is really putting the pressure on me. I wish you could get some more subs and let me do this properly. I can help you and am willing, but we need to set you up in an environment you have a good chance of being successful with. Let me know if you can get anymore subs ANY WAY POSSIBLE!!! It would make this a lot easier, you don't need a lot but you need more than 4mg or you're going to suffer. It's just the way it is. Let me know. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

well i dont know any body that has them, nor do i know a doctor that isnt 300 for first visit then 9 to 12 a pill
    This really sucks im about to just go in patient and lose my job, Just dont want to put everything on my family, but need to do something

tomslf .... lots of people who sell pills keep some subs around as opiate addicts are always running out and they get a few subs to hold them over until they can get more of their drug of choice. I'm not advocating doing something you shouldn't really do, but you need some subs! You're going to end up in bad shape if you don't get some somehow! I couldn't be more serious, you need at least 3-5 8mg subs so I can help you. 3mg just doesn't give me enough to help you any longer than a day or two. Let me know what you do. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

i just moved out to where i live and never made any contacts i understand what ur saying im trying to find something someone to help Thanks

how long should i except this to last and is takin those small pieces just going to make it last longer? i called a few places only option is 3-5 day inpaitient sub taper programs are 3 weeks out for appt

I would have to say, I would choose inpatient... Sometimes it is the hardest choice for the better that is the best option... All my best Reid... Keep us posted

I would like to just get over it and do inpatient but what would they do that would help? anything>? or just let you sit there and be sick? I just would hate to lose my job over this. I run the store and my boss just opened another store and cant be here.

Quote Originally Posted by tomslf View Post
    I would like to just get over it and do inpatient but what would they do that would help? anything>? or just let you sit there and be sick? I just would hate to lose my job over this. I run the store and my boss just opened another store and cant be here.

If you went inpatient and told them what your problem is, which is obviously part of the process of checking in to a rehab, they would help you detox from the subs. Not sure how long they would keep you inpatient, depends a lot on your insurance and the facility. I've done the rehab stint twice before, sometimes that is what it takes. And most employers are understanding if you are trying to better yourself. If you work for someone legitimate they can't even fire you for going to rehab as that is considered a violation of your rights as addiction is a disability by law with certain protection for you in emloyer/employee relationships legally. You will not be in any condition to run a business if you cold turkey this. You'll possibly end up in a psych ward coming off 24mg of subs after over a year of use cold turkey, I am not being sarcastic either. If it's a choice of going inpatient or cold turkey I would get on into a rehab and get some help before this gets really bad for you. That is my best advice if we can't taper you off. And I have to have some subs available before I can taper you. They would likely prescribe you subs to taper with at a rehab rather than keep you inpatient for a month. At least that is what I would expect. Keep us posted. God bless.

The whole problem is that i lost my insurance so idk what they can or cant do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast