Detoxing from SUboxone
    drewcool is offline New Member

Default Detoxing from SUboxone

Hey people I have been reading posts on this board for a while and seen so many great members and everyone helping each other out. I have been on suboxone for just about 3 years and I finally jumped ship Last Thursday( 7/24/08) I was about down to 2 mg ( probably not that much) anyway i know that still might have been to high to stop at but I had no other choice( work reasons). I am on my 5th day of no sub I feel bad but not horrible. I started to feel withdrawl symptoms about 24 hours after i stopped( runny nose, sneezing, yawning, eyes watery, anxiety) but the bad withdrawls really did not start until the night of the 3rd day(kicking RLS, Burning in my legs, heat flashes, cold sweats) When do they ease up? I know they last longer is that the case for everyone? Any suggestions on how to cope. I am so proud though I came 5 days without putting that damn nasty orange thing under my tongue and, I def dont ever want to go through this again so Im done with the sub, It helped my mind to heal and get my life together, but I stayed away from methadone for this very reason ( trading one for the other). Is it true that immodium will help ease the wihdrawls?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Sorry you had to jump off at 2mg. I hate to see someone do this for so long and then still have w/ds. It isn't a requirement to detoxing anymore. Your detox would be going fine with a slow taper. But you have what you have. Now to get past this.

Immodium will help a lot if you are having diarrhea. Other symptoms won't be helped. Exercise is really good for getting your endorphines up. HOt showers or hot baths help with restlessness. Most important don't force bed on yourself. Its easier to just stay up than to toss and turn. Talking about w/d symptoms being the worst after three days ... that is because of the suboxone half life. I always talk about the three day thing when tapering off suboxone.

It's hard to say exactly how long this will last after being on suboxne for three years. Not that three years is always bad it's just a long time. Will make the detox tougher. I don't think you traded one drug for another at all. Suboxone just has to be used and stopped properly or it can contribute to problems. Most medicine has unpleasant side effects if we don't use it properly. Let us know how you are doing. We will try to help. Good luck.

Robert thanks so much for posting, Your right about excersizing helping I walked 2 miles today and i have to say except fr the seating and buring legs I feel OK. I would rec excerisize to anyone detoxing, just push yourself to get up and go once your up youll get the energy to exercize. RIght now im just alone, starting to feel depressed a little but im dealing with it, Music really helps and reading and posting on here.

jonn is offline New Member

Default Detoxing from SUboxone

I am new here would to tell drewcool it great what you are doing hang in there
    my hubby was on suboxone also for 3 yrs, he did a slow taper too- coming from 32mg down to 0mg did good the first 9 days then was shocked when it really started to kick in to a bigger withdrawal - it was like it slowly crept up on him.
    so be very careful for at least a month. so it won't sucker punch you
    Can you go to your doctor and ask to taper even more like from 2 to 1 to 1/2
    my husband did not and he had a relapse.
    wish you the best

mombomb is offline New Member

I was given methadone instead of suboxone for withdrawal, coming off that was pure hell. the actual pain didnt fully kick in until around day 7. At which point every bone in my body especially my lower back was killing me. I spent a lot of time just sweating it out and watching movies. the hardest part came after the physical symptoms, thats when all my anxiety and depression set in. All you can do is take it one day at a time, drink a lot of water and remember at the end of all this you will finally have your life back. Good luck, you can do it.

Well its been 6 days now since my last sub, I dont fell great but i dont feel horrible, I took a clonidine last night ( my mom's for blood pressure) Just 1/2 and it put me on butt I slept about 5 hours non stop on it and dont remember any vivid dreams last night, I really couldnt even control my head that 1/2 of that small pill was so strong for me ( make sure you are sitting when you take clonidine). I really think that the walks I been taking are of the biggest benefit for some reason, that and laughing histerically at everything. Anyone else want to share their withdrawl survival stories( esp from sub).

Do u think things will SLOWLEY start to get better the next few days

Jonn-- Thanks so much for the encouragement, I am hangin in there I would never want to go through this all over again ( there really is no easy way out)

If i felt liek i feel now for the remainder of the acute period >> be ok with that its not so bad at this moment, If it does get worse Ill deal somehow, Ill keep day 4 in mind and how i got through that and Ill no that I can get through any of the bad days.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by drewcool View Post
    Well its been 6 days now since my last sub, I dont fell great but i dont feel horrible, I took a clonidine last night ( my mom's for blood pressure) Just 1/2 and it put me on butt I slept about 5 hours non stop on it and dont remember any vivid dreams last night, I really couldnt even control my head that 1/2 of that small pill was so strong for me ( make sure you are sitting when you take clonidine). I really think that the walks I been taking are of the biggest benefit for some reason, that and laughing histerically at everything. Anyone else want to share their withdrawl survival stories( esp from sub).

Do u think things will SLOWLEY start to get better the next few days

Things should start improving for you any time. Just want to tell you to watch the clonidine. It's a good med for detox but remember it's a blood pressure pill. We don't take it if our pressure isn't high. Sounds like it knocked you out and clonidine should NOT do that. You may have had a blood pressure drop that went too low. Please be careful ... better yet check your blood pressure before you take any more clonidine.

Default one week

SO its been 7 days and last night a slept pretty well and all night, tossed and tunred a bit but no bad sweating and waking up hot stuff. I actually feel ALOT better but im afraid I am gonna turn a corner and get worse again because it seems people that were on long term suboxone like me have long withdrawl, maybe its just individual, but I dont feel like im getting worse thats for sure ( i feel like im getting better).

themagician is offline New Member

Default Hey Drewcool

Quote Originally Posted by drewcool View Post
    SO its been 7 days and last night a slept pretty well and all night, tossed and tunred a bit but no bad sweating and waking up hot stuff. I actually feel ALOT better but im afraid I am gonna turn a corner and get worse again because it seems people that were on long term suboxone like me have long withdrawl, maybe its just individual, but I dont feel like im getting worse thats for sure ( i feel like im getting better).
    Man Iv been on it for 3 years and am just tired of having to be in a situation where I can be Prescribed this stuff. It saved my life, absolutely saved my life but I also find myself completely vexed yet again at being totally terrified of what I know Im about to get nailed with getting off this stuff.....which was why I got on this stuff....Strangely ironic - My absolute prayers and thoughts are with you - I am right behind you....

quagmire is offline New Member

Default sub withdrawl

ive been down to 2mg for a month and now im so afraid of the withdrawl that im trying to skip days, ..some people say its ten day withdrawl some say 3 weeks, i just wanna know how long, so i can prepare myself, im on serequel for sleep so i know that wont be a problem and i have medicine for anxiety but i been on subs for a year and a half..im hoping goin down to 2mg and skipin days for a week or so will help,..i mad it to the 3rd day once and had cold symptoms i wasnt sure if it was the weather or the no sub..prob the no sub...i think its half ur head and half body..idk i just wanna know how long and how bad this could be but im sure there is know concrete answer..obviously the more u taper down the better

winged eagle is offline Advanced Member

Quagmire, you need to go way, way down before attempting to skip days. Some go all the way down to 0.125mg; yes, you read that right. And the skipping day process isn't just the one time (link below explains in more detail)
    2mg is a relatively high dose and I can almost guarantee you'll suffer.
    There's a taper method here developed by Robert (who should be along any moment now) that has worked with many.
    Here's the link, please read it carefully and stick around until Robert gets here:
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

Don't be afraid. He'll help, we'll all help. Just get the horror stories out of your mind and relax. it can be done

subuser31 is offline New Member

Question Suboxone

My doctor's (physicians) asst. told me that I will probably need subs the rest of my life due to the twenty inches of hardware in my spine. He tells me to take it one day and if I feel like it to try and skip it the next day. I dont think he even uinderstands considering if I skip a day, I yawn, sweat, and feel like ass. I wish I could just not need to take anything at all, why why why? I am down to four mg and when I try to cut the dose in half or skip a day, I feel worse and have more pain, and also withdrawl symptoms. LAME.. Robert, what do you suggest? Should I talk to my Dr. since this guy seems to want to cut down my dose? My Dr told me he wouldnt mind if I took 6-8mg a day and here I have weaned myself down. Thank you for the advice. Peace Out.