Detoxed off Methadone. Side effects after 1 week
    beadlady is offline New Member

Default Detoxed off Methadone. Side effects after 1 week

I was on Methadone for 5 years. This past year I have been detoxing 1 mg. a week (long term detox). I completed my detox a week ago. I was fine all through the detox, even when I got down to 1 mg. I even slept all night, til now. I can't sleep and I have leg twitching. Does anyone out there have any ideas for me. I choose to take only vitamins and herbs, unless I had to take something prescribed by a MD. Please help, I,m tired!!!![?]

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

I would go and see your doctor.You did it the right way,a slow detox is the only way to get off methadone.I would think your going to have these symptoms for a couple more weeks anyway.Methadone has a very long half life and is stored in body fat so it can take a long time to clense the body.....Dave

Finally my pain is under control!!!!!!!

scruffi is offline Junior Member

Have you tried benadryl for sleep? It's over the counter, the same active ingredient that's in tylenol pm.

scruffi is offline Junior Member

Also, I think it's amazing that you detoxed down to 1mg without any problems. I've been tapering from 20mg to now 5mg over the last 5 months, suffering all the way.

Maybe you have some natural remedy suggestions for me? Any help would be appreciated.