Depression after quitting drugs???
    sadgirl1 is offline Junior Member

Default Depression after quitting drugs???

Hello to all, I have not logged in for at least 4 months however I have quit using Norco and Oxy for over 3 months now. As anyone who has tried to quit knows the hell I went through. I was put on Suboxone and have weaned down to only 2 mg. now. I have been going through such terrible depression and still find myself wanting to take pain pills so bad. Does this ever completely go away? I have become so friggin depressed I have had thoughts of suicide. I know I have other things occuring in my life that are mentally crushing me and contributing to this depression but not having my crutch of pain pills intensifies everything else. I have no one to talk to about this because my family lives in denial about so much its easier to deal by myself. I believe I need to see a doctor and get on anti-depressants. Does anyone know of a good forum where I can talk about depression? I guess I really need to vent to someone and maybe it would help me to get constructive advise. Thanks!

PainfulCrash2005 is offline Junior Member

Wink Depression...

Depression is a scary thing. People who have never dealth with depression, will NOT understand what you are going through. They will bascially tell you to get over it, and that things aren't as bad as they seem....(Which we know to be false)... I definitely recommened going to a Doctor and tell them how you're feelings. There are SO many anti-depressants out there...and, while it may be trial-and-error as to what works for you, there is one out there for you. Mine have made SUCH a difference in my quality of life. I never contimplated Suicide, but often wondered why I was born, etc.

So, talk to your Doctor...and Good luck! The answer is out there!!!

hljlel33 is offline New Member

I have been battling depression and addiction since I was a teenager. I am now 36 and after years of trying different medications I have finally found a mix that works for me. Don't get me wrong I still have depression and currently am going through an opiate addiction after my brother's suicide (after 8 years of sobriety) but I feel (and my family) feels that the medicine is working well. Go to a good doctor and do trial and error until you find something that works for you. It takes time but it's worth it to feel normal.

vduda is offline Member

I can definitely relate. Look up my thread or replies to understand my situation. Been clean 5 months from the opiates. Still going through physical withdraws. From ten years of heavy use in my experience the craving never go away. As for the depression, yes I am depressed. Taking all those opiates really messes up your brain chemistry and it can take 1 to 2 years to stabalize depending how much and how long you used.

But it is geting better for me. Some days better than others. I refuse to take antidepressants because they screwed me up even worse in the past. Took Elavil an old tricyclic and it did a number on me. And that is a weaker antidepressant. Tried the others and became even more depressed and suicidal. Talking to other people like on this forum, counseling and getting into a routine helps me. But I am not a doctor of medicine so if your feeling suicidal please get help. I am here if you need to vent. And I do know to some extent what u r going through. From one recovering junkie to another. God Bless

marceramirez1 is offline New Member

I suffer for many year of depression the symptoms are very similar, you need visit your doctor because this illness have a very effective treatment for me the best treatment is Zoloft this medication works affects chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced and cause depression, I find an excellent place where you can ask for more information visit it. www.trustedprescriptionsonline.com

ymccormack is offline Member

sadgirl:

Just so you know....the first time I quit opiates I didn't understand that the depression/lethargy are a part of the process. I started to assume that I would feel like that forever and that life without opiates meant being sad and tired all the time. I definitely think it's harder to get over that part than the short term w/d's.

The good news is that it will go away. I can't tell you if it will be weeks or months but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. As far as antidepressants....worth a try.

keep us posted

YM