Depressed and Lonly in this
    rightnow is offline New Member

Default Depressed and Lonly in this

I have a great family. I am om 50 mgs of methadone and do a couple bags of >>>>>> aday. when I use to take these meds it helped me get htru work and shcool, not it just makes me what to sti in my room and feel depresed and watch tv. I recently fond someone with xanax and when I took these I wanted to take over the world. Go back to school and I was very sociable. I talked to my family like a normally person would and my anxiety is gone. Is there a way that I can try to stop taking the methadone and the >>>>>> and strictly take the xanax so I could get on with likf? I do not mind taing something because I think I need it and one is better then those 2. Please tell me if anyone ever tried this or what could happen if I did this? Thanks

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

You are an opiate addict and need professional help such as a rehab\detox.Mixing methadone and benzodiazepines is just an od waiting to happen.Look at what happened to Anna Nicole and her son recently.You're playing with a loaded gun.At least stop taking the xanax as that's the one that when mixed with methadone will shut down your respitory system.Party is over time to face the real world and do something before you're dead.I wish you all the best.....Dave

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Also,50mgs of methadone is useless for an opiate addict.The blocking dose is between 80-120mgs.So why don't you get that up so you're not doing >>>>>> and whatever else they cut it with.50 mgs will due nothing for curbing your cravings or keeping your withdrawls at bay...Good luck....Dave

sydbean is offline Member

RightNow ~

You didn't mention where you are getting the Methadone from but I am guessing that you are not getting it from a dr. or a clinic as you would have failed your UA's and been detoxed and dropped from the program.

Please listen to what Dave said. You are not taking enough of the Methadone to be helpful. What you are doing now is just chasing your tail. You need to get on a dose of the Methadone that will keep you from needing any other drug to feel like you can function.

Is there the possibility of you going to a Methadone clinic (this is assuming as I said, that you are not at this time ) so you can get properly dosed? If by chance you are going to a clinic you need to get with your councelor and get honest and let them give you the help you need!!!

And as everyone else has said KEEP OFF THE XANAX!! IT is a dangerous, deadly combo you don't want to mess around with. (although if you have been taking the xanax regularly for any length of time it is a good idea to taper down rather than stop cold turkey!!)
    [FONT=Georgia][SIZE=5][COLOR=purple][B]~Syd[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=purple][B]"Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints!"[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

hychamaz is offline New Member

Default Response to Syd

Hello,
    I just wanted to comment on what Syd said here that
    "You didn't mention where you are getting the Methadone from but I am guessing that you are not getting it from a dr. or a clinic as you would have failed your UA's and been detoxed and dropped from the program."
    -I do not understand this comment because to me it defies everything that a Methadone Maintenance Clinic IS and what they do from my 4 years in one that I finished 2 weeks ago. (still going through unbearable Anxiety with 5mgs of Xanax daily doesnt even touch). I have never heard of a clinic that will drop you because you test positive for any other opiod including >>>>>>. They do the opposite. If you test positive, they will just keep raising your Methadone level until you stop taking anything else. That is the whole point.
    Thanks, Greg

sydbean is offline Member

Hychamaz ~
    Many clinics do have allowance for "slips" and relapse but I don't know any clinic that wouldn't detox you and if every single UA came up dirty. Maybe I have missed something but they are trying to be a step in recovery not just a way to bump your daily high.....
    Again, this is NOT my point of view or my opinion I am only repeating what I have heard from the people on several of the forums I am a member of.

Any one else have thoughts/info on the subject?? Now I am curious as to what the policies and guidelines set by the DEA actually are....okay, now I am going to have to go and see what I can find.....I'll let ya'll know what I find out!!!
    [FONT=Georgia][SIZE=5][COLOR=purple][B]~Syd[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=purple][B]"Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints!"[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]