Dental Appointment Coming Up
    KyleKW is offline New Member

Default Dental Appointment Coming Up

Without going into a lot of past-posted detail>> Was on 9 Norco a day for over a year. Have been clean for almost 4 weeks - doing well, very happy. I have to have two teeth pulled next week; I've told my dentist what I've just been through. He' going to send me home with 8 vics instead of the usual 20+. My wife will hide them and give me 1 every 4 - 5 hours, two days only. I've made the arrangements, but want to get feedback from anyone who may have been through a similar situation. The dentist said that this is a very painful procedure, otherwise he'd look at alternatives. Input / ideas?
    As always, thanks.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Kyle
    I just went thru that,Im about a month clean and had 2 root canales done,
    but I only took aleve,I new if i took only 1 vic i would be in trouble,I did have the gas at the dent office and man that really helped.but when i went home i just sucked it up.and it turned out ok,i was tougher than i thought i was.
    I dont want that poisen in my body ever again,just gives me the shakes to think about it...Good luck,let me know how it goes...

Anonymous Guest

Oh, Hi,Kyle
    I just remembered you,how are you sleeping???

cagirl is offline Member

Hi Kyle....If I were you I would stay away from the vics you will be hooked all over again...I was clean for 4 months once and thought I would just take 1 thats all it took..Hooked again...Now Im clean 24 days today...Good Luck!!!!

Hi Melinda....How are you?

Anonymous Guest

Im doing good cagirl..
    so excited to hear from you.
    you sound really good today!!!

cagirl is offline Member

Thanx Melinda...I was very sad and depressed but feeling better.....The more time passes the better I feel and see more clearly....

Anonymous Guest

Oh Girl
    I have been there so many times.
    one step forward and two steps back.but,this time we will make it...

cagirl is offline Member

Yeah...You made me we will make it!!! Take Care Melinda!!!

Default As Always, Thanks

Thanks for the information. I will contact my dentist and let him know that I will not need the vics. I honestly thought, with my wife involved, and taking such a low dosage (I've NEVER taken one every four hours/that would have been laughable) that I'd be safe, but you guys are probably right...Just having them in the house would be very tempting, and I can see myself on the phone with the dentist requesting more because the pain's so bad. Thanks.
    Melinda - I've slept pretty well the last two nights. Thanks for asking. Hope all is well with you.

Anonymous Guest

Yea!!!!!
    so glad to hear you say, you will not get the vics.I know what i would do with them.and it scares me...Proud of you...have a good night.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

I can't believe some of these dentist's precribing opiates for simple extractions.I'm not questioning any of the patients as it's up to the dentist.I can tell you that up here in Canada you never get anything but over the counter for simple extractions.Now having wisdom teeth pulled is the only time I ever hear or opiates being prescribed.Take Advil or Tylenol for your 2 extractions, you'll be fine.Good luck......Dave

Default Thanks

Dave:
    I really appreciate your input. I've been going to my dentist for years, and have always thought of him as being ultra-careful. Because of various factors, my past dental history, etc., he's concerned about how I'll react to pulling two "difficult" teeth. But he's fine with my decision, and, in fact, suggested the same over the counter drugs you've recommended. Thanks again.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

No problem Kyle, that what we're all here and that's to help each other out.Good luck....Dave