Day 7 of oxycontin home Detox
    itslikethat is offline New Member

Default Day 7 of oxycontin home Detox

Sadly im not a stranger to quitting this drug, i have tried and both succesfully quit at home a few times longest time quitting being 2months. I did check into a Detox centre but ended up leaving that night. I have 2 kids and a beutiful fiance who has put up with me consuming oxy's and selling drugs for the last 2.5yrs. I couldnt be away from her while going through the wd's since for me other then no sleep i think the mental side is def the worst, altho the physical is awful but yea shes a huge support.

Anyways, so ill get to my Question. Im on day 7 as you know.. however on the 3rd day i did take 120mg do you think that completely disolved the first 2 days i already had under my belt? Only reason i even did them that day was cause i own my own buisness and needed to have myself together to go through this meeting with a Big contractor. Had i not takin it i wouldnt been able to show and lost a big amount of potential money. Justifiable right? gotta feed the kids.

Now the thing is today aswell i need to have myself together and will be taking 40mg of oxy before the meeting.. orally and not chewing it like usual.

So please Answer this Question with all honesty how bad will this take me back since im on day 7 or day 4 if i lost my first two days by using on day 3.

Keep in mind im not new to this i know the risk of using while in mid treatment is a high risk you will start back up again. Ive done that before. But i am Just asking for the Facts if anyone can even answer the question or if its unkown?

dago77 is offline Senior Member

...Hey bro, I have done that before also. Just like you mentioned, this is not my first time going through this either. I was in the Real Estate business and had to show some homes a few times while going through detox. Took half a pill a few times to get through it. This was a few years ago I really cant remember how much it set me back. Or if it did at all. I have not touched anything but a small amount of subs in 33 days. You know from going through this before the w/d's will probally last you up to 10 days. Then the hardest part begins! For me anyway, filling the void is the hardest part. Learning to live with out turning to a pill to get you through your meeting , dealing with clients, whatever. I would say not to take it if you can hold it together enough. Your gonna do what you have to, Ive been there. I guess to answer your question, it takes time no matter what. 33 days and im still not 100%. Again im not promoting you taking the pill. And others may disagree, from my own experience, as long as you cut it off 100% after your meeting, you can make it out ok. Im pretty sure you can just tough it out and not take anymore for your next meeting though man. Although I did it the way you mention, ive also just toughed things out and delt with stuff through the w/d. And that always gave me a mental boost. If you can handle a meeting going through detox. Just think how easy it will be when you have to do it with out any pain from the detox. You get what im saying, just man up and get through it. It all takes time, but it only gets better brother! Good luck!

Ryan

itslikethat is offline New Member

Well congrats on 33 days man i found the first month to be the hardest, the only reason i didnt make passed 2 months was since it being my first attempt at stopping the addiction after 2 yrs of straight using every day.. I figured man i feel good, and thought i could just take a 40mg for that night out, then thought the next day, i aint gonna get hooked again from 2 days of using, then was like def not in 3 days either etc etc its a >>>>> vicious cycle. But now that im educated through trial and error unfortuantely i know that you gotta bite the bullet. With this time being so hard on me emotionally i find cause of the struggle with it the passed 3 years, there was just no way i could hold it together today without using. I dont even accept phone calls if i dont have to. My fiance will phone the people back for me and explain that im sick in bed sleeping. Its so bad i dont even like checking my messages cause i dont wanna deal with anything except getting better. But today was just one of those days where i couldnt risk losing the contract all cause i gave the guy a bad impression cause i look like ********, the tone in my voice is so bland no emotion at all, shaky, sore you know all the symptoms. But your right, if i were to go into it tomorow then im a moron.. which i wont but totally see where your comin from bro, and thanks for the post.

Goodluck with your battle aswell, if you are kinda down one day, and are tempted to use, just think there is someone else who is on day 3 or 4 going through the hell not able to sleep. I envy you for being on day 33! i will be there though very soon i know it

dago77 is offline Senior Member

...Man you sound just like me! You know how many times after going through all the w/d and depression, being clean for a few months. I came up with some dumb ass reason on why I could take just one on a Fri or Sat night. Trust me that does not work! It may not get you hooked right away, but it will with in a few weeks for sure! Im also in the construction business. lucky for me I was laid off while going through the first few weeks. I know how you feel with dodging calls and not even wanting to check your messages. Your lucky you work for yourself. Lay low and get better if you have to. You really only need to surface to keep your contacts happy or whatever until your better. But I will say this again, getting out and doing stuff even when in w/d will make you feel better. Thats real cool that you envy the 33 days! I was just there bro, still am. Now im just chasing someone with 6 mon instead. Hey your 2 months clean is a big deal! You can do that again, and stay clean for ever. Put it first and keep your gaurd up. You know what to do, you just have to tough out a few weeks and you will be back on track. Stick around here, this place has helped me so much, even though I dont post a lot, im always on here. Stay in the loop man, even after your feeling better. Keep this on the top of the list. I know im only 33 days clean, im just telling you some things that have been working for me. I know where you are bro, it seems like your never gonna be normal again. You have been here before so you know this but ill refresh you in case you forgot. You will be able to go to work and and get everything done that you thought you couldnt unless you were high. It takes a few weeks of feeling scatter brained and basically feeling like your head is up your ass. The depression, feelng down, no life in your voice like you mentioned, will all go away. Take vitamins, lift weights/cardio, what ever it takes man! I cant preach NA to you because I have not went myself. But it is a good idea. I will go im just trying to get this house done, then im there. Like I said for me filling the void is the hardest part. but Im never going back, I would die from the guilt at this point. Imagine throwing away 33 days! So far my friends have been ok, but if I have to I will cut them off in a seconed. My girlfriend is beautiful and smart, if she was pushing me in any way to use, should would be gone. Im just saying, take it serious this time and get back on track brother! Good Luck

Ryan

mbrooksbsc is offline New Member

I was an active addict for 6 years..injecting 5 x 80mg oxycodone daily at the end of it all(400mg/day). Detox is mostly mental, sure there is pain, the sweats, hot flashes, gooseflesh (where the term quitting cold turkey came from) etc. Remember the withdrawal symptoms won't kill you! It may feel like it, but it won't. Talk with your doctor and ask for clonidine (lowers blood pressure, slows the racing heart) and some type of benzo (clonazepam, attivan etc). The benzos help with sleeping and with the anxiety that accompanies not being able to use your drug of choice. If you tell your Dr. why, he will most likely try to help. Don't keep your addiction hidden from your doctor, it can cause serious problems if they are not aware of the medication that you are taking! There is also no mandatory reporting so he won't run to the police or anything like that. He may even recommend a taper, or medical detox, prescribing you a set dose and then decreasing the dose every week or so until you are off of the drugs all together.
    Using 120mg on day 2 is hardly trying to detox. If you used for a specific reason (ie the meeting) you are justifying your using. Keep that up and you will be able to justify your use every day, and then your back to your active daily addiction. I have 55 days clean right now, it's not easy but I do feel much better! Remember you have been taking a depressant all this time; surprisingly you end up depressed. As the dope clears your system you start feeling better. I found that day 1-4 were the worst but after that the symptoms were under control and manageable. I did however have very loose bowels for nearly 2 weeks (immodium helps immensly but don't overdo it). Do things that force your body to produce dopamine and endorphins; go for a walk or run, lift weights, even having sex will promote endorphin production. This kickstarts your brain in to the production mode that has been virtually shutdown while you were in active addiction!
    If you are truly an addict you will also need some type of support system. Abstaining from drugs does not fix the problem. Usually there is an underlying cause of the addiction. Try to find an addictions counsellor. I have started attending Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meetings and found that they are very beneficial. Everyone that is there understands where you are coming from, what you have felt, and how difficult it is to quit. It really is nice to realize that you're not alone and there is hope!
    You will certainly have to change things in your life: people, places, and things...get rid of all of your paraphenalia (needles, pipes etc.) Erase your dealers phone number etc. Remember the old saying "If you sit in the barber's chair long enough, you're going to get a haircut." Stay away from the places where you used!!! Also keep in mind that if you are truly an addict (We know who we are!) you have to give up drugs, all drugs, and this includes alcohol. You can't substitute one for the other, it won't work. Alcohol will lower your inhibitions and make it more likely that you will relapse. If alcohol wasn't a problem for you before your addiction, and you start to drink, I almost guarantee you will soon enough become an alcoholic. We are people suffering from an ever progessing illnes. Using just once is problematic. Addiction is a disease of automatism. It is very similar to riding a bicycle, once you've learned you will always know how to ride (unless of course you suffer some form of brain injury etc.). Your brain will react to the substance instantly and the addiction will be unleased again. The only way to not ride a bike once you've learned, is to not get on the bike again, ever! Same with drugs, if you use, you teach yourself that you can use successfully and in no time at all, you will be right back to active addiction. Keep in mind that your tolerance will increase at a much higher rate as your body chases that initial high! If you are going to use after an extended stretch of clean time, start small because your tolerance will have decreased. Many addicts kill themselves on their first field-trip after extended periods of clean time.
    Prescription medication is alright as long as it isn't abused. If need be, give it to someone you trust and have them dispense it to you as per the label!!!
    Stay strong, live day by day, or minute by minute. All you have to do is get through the next 5 minutes without using. Doesn't that seem easy? If you're worried about work or what not, tell them that you are ill, you've got the flu...it's pretty damn close to the truth!
    Good luck, and keep talking about it and you'll find the support you need!