Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Day 6 on Suboxone, I want to stop taking it now!!!
    SMG1979 is offline Member

Question Day 6 on Suboxone, I want to stop taking it now!!!

Here's my story.... 6 years ago a had my son, via c-section. I was givin percocet for pain after wards. 4 months after that I had gall bladder surgery, more percocet. Then wisdom teeth removal. More percocet, and then lortab. At this point I was not addicted. Following those 3 surgeries, I had 2 ovarian cyst surgeries, and appendix surgery, and many, many drugs to help with the pain. I developed a dependency for pain pills. I would doctor shop, after they would no longer prescribe them to me. I faked tooth aches, went to multiple dentist and E.R's to get a script. My husband caught on to me, and put a stop to it. He called my surgeons, dentist and OBGYN, and told them i had a problem. I went through mild withdrawal for about a week, and eventually felt better. When I say mild WD, I mean constipation then diarrhea, body aches, just felt like a bad cold.
    I became clean for a year. I had never before bought street drugs. All were scripts. I never knew where to get street drugs. One day my uncle called me knowing I once before had a pill problem, and asked if I could find him some. I said NO, but if you can let me know! Well about 2 wks later he called. It all started over from there. Only this time it went from percocet 5mg-30mg's to OX 20mg-40mg, and apana 30's. I was loving life. All in which I hide from my husband. Once an addict always an addict, right! My husband could tell, but didn't say much. One night I got really drunk, and had to work the next day. I had a terrible hang over, and was out of pill, and couldn't find any. " don't you hate that"! A employee of mine offered me something to make me feel better. It was "H"! I said, I no because i didn't want to put anything in my veins. She said I didn't have to and could snort it. So I did, but promised myself to never do it again. Well I went back to the pills and then the day came as always, where i couldn't find any again, so I called girl for some more "H". Any how I eventually went to only snorting the H, because it was cheaper and easier to find, plus a better buzz. For the past 3 months I've done it every day, a pill here and there in between. I kept telling myself I've got to quit this ****! And went on to lose my job got behind on all my bills almost lost my husband, fighting with my family, stealing stuff to sell, sold all my jewelery etc, etc. I had a 1 to 3 ball a day of snorting habbit, $25- $75, a day, which led to to money issue's Which before this I was living nice. Both my husband and I had great paying job's, but I lost mine, and now collect Unemployment.
    7 days ago I decide to come clean with my husband and family and tell them what I've been doing. I also decided to detox, go through the withdrawal. That was last Wednesday. Thursday was my first day in withdrawal. Friday I told my mom, because I couldn't take the withdrawal any more. Much less try to take care of a little boy. My husband works any where from 50-60 hours a week. I would rather give birth naturally, and have all my surgeries over again than to go through this horrible WD. On Thursday I took 7 baths, puked had terrible diarrhea, insomnia, leg kicking, felt like my bones were going to pop out of my skin. I could'nt sit still, I had to at least rock back and forth. Among many, many other WD symptoms . I took immodium, pepto, and tylenol pm, none of which helped. I got a hold of a suboxone doctor. At 3pm on Friday was my appointment. He gave my 16 8mg pills. I was to take 2 once per day. My doctors visit was $350.00, and the suboxone $112.00. $462.00 total. My goodness! I can't afford this. I have no insurance, considering I lost my job. Friday I took 16mg as prescribed, and felt better almost instantly. Saturday, I took 12mg. Sunday I took 14mg. Monday I took 12mg. Tuesday, yesterday, I took 14mg, and today I took, 4mg, and feel fine. So today makes day six on this suboxone. I will not take anymore than the 4mg dose today. I have another doctors appointment this Friday, and I'm sure he'll want to keep me on subs for a while. I can't afford to go on Friday. I've read horror stories on this medication, and know how addicting it is. I don't want to go through the terrible WD. So I guess my question is, is how long do you have to be on the subs, before you are addicted? And should I taper off the remaining 6 and1/2 I have left or just make today my last does? Will I continue my" H" WD, or start a sub withdrawal? Can I be addicted to subs after 6 day's of taking them? As said before I can't go back to the sub doctor, because I can't afford it, and family will not help with money. What should I do?

Freedom4me is offline Advanced Member

SMG,
    Wow, you have really had a tough time of it lately. I am assumiing by H you mean >>>>>>. Must be hard for you to type that word. It has more of druggie street sound than prescription pills but it really is not much difference. Addiction is addiction is addiction. The first thing you need to do is start reading all the posts you can by Robert_325. I know he will be able to help you taper completely off the subs with little to no withdrawal. You may have to get a few more from the doctor if that is at all possible but if not he can the best he can with what you have left. I have seen him do some incredible things but have to want to change. I know it's hard and it sounds like you are really realizing what you have done to your life for these drugs. Trust me when I tell you that you are very lucky to have found this site. You will get all the support that you want here but you have to participate in your own recovery. Keep posting after you read Roberts posts and what he has done with subs. I'm sure some of the people he has helped can post a link to their threads and you can see how the process works. Take care. I will be here.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

SMG .... I can help you but it would sure be easier if you could get one more batch of subs at least. First off the dr has you on too high a dose. He has you thinking you need more than you really need. The only reason you aren't sick now though is that suboxone has a very long half life. Don't convince yourself that the 4mg is going to work. You're still getting the benefits from yesterday's subs. Take 4mg another day and you'll start getting sick. That isn't enough. You need to get on the right dose or you're going to have yourself all messed up doing this.

What I would do if there is ANY way you can make one more trip to the dr and get as many subs as you can get I'll at least lessen the severity of your H w/d for you. I know you're getting raped on the cost. Sounds like your dr is a total bandit with what he's charging you. But I can get you through this and it won't be that bad. I've got to have enough subs to work with though to really help you.

If you don't get some more subs you're going to end up relapsing most likely and then the cost will be irrelevant. You'll be blowing all you're money on H. You need to get more subs and then let me help you. You are NOT addicted to the subs at this point. And if you let me help you then I won't allow you to get addicted to them either. But you'll need to follow instructions.

Talk to me. How many exactly do you have right now? And can you get some more? Tell me if you can do this like I'm saying so I'll know where we stand. I'll watch for you. Try to relax! Go along with me and I'll get you through this. I know how to help you with the subs I promise you. I do this every single day. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

Default Good advice

Hi-This is Linda and I was about where you are about three months ago Finished the taper with Robert's help along with others on the forum.I would listen to Robert and follow his instructions exactly. I couldn't have made it without the subs as they eliminate the cravings and allows you enough time to get away from the drug scene. Good luck

Post Bad times

Hi Robert,
    I am taking about 12 mg a day. I only have 5 and 1/2 of the 8mg orange subs left. There is absolutely no way I can get a hold of of any more. I was desperate and had to bounce a check for the appointment last Friday, just to be seen. I have no family that can help me out with the money to obtain anymore. I still have to figure out how to get the money to pay for the check I bounced. My Gas was turned off today, and my electric here soon. As said before I have a six year old little boy and him and his well being takes p residence rather then bouncing another check on top of a check already bounced for suboxone. My husband is in shock, with the amount of money we bring in, that my addiction could do this to us. So I can't get anymore suboxone. Please help! So I'm not yet addicted to the subs? Would my herion withdrawal pick up where it left off? Will the withdrawal be easier after the subs are gone?

I understand your situation but try to understand also that I can only do as much as I can with what you're giving me to work with. Take 4mg in the morning and take 4mg in the afternoon tomorrow. Let's see how you feel tomorrow night.

We're going to have to just stretch the pills out as far as we can and you'll probably still have some of the w/d left to go through. I can get you through the very worst of it but I can only do what I can do with the medication you've got left. Talk to me tomorrow afternoon and we'll see how you're feeling. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Smile It Sara again!

Hi Robert!
    First of all thank you very much for putting forth the effort to try to help me. When I first got the subscription of the measly little 16 pills of suboxone, I right off the bat, took 16mg daily does that the doctor said to take. I know they say you can't get that high feeling, but you kind of can. After that first day of me taking them last Friday, I told my husband I wanted him to have control of the suboxone, simply because I had been searching the web and seen a lot of horror stories about how addicted some folks had become to suboxone. And with me being an addict I thought it was best that my husband had control of the subs', or I would take them as prescribed, or take them just to take them. From day 2 I haven't taking more than 1 and a 1/2, and have felt just fine. Any how day 2 I took 1-8mg in the morning and felt fine all day long, and probably didn't need to take anymore for the rest of the day, but I ended up taking a whole other 8mg dose in the evening. From day 3 on I've taken no more than 1 and a 1/4, which equals 12mg's. I Know I haven't needed to take more than 1-8mg dose, and would be just fine all day long. Again only the first day I took the 2 pills at once. And from day 2 I've been taking the sub's in 4mg increments. I could probably go down to 4mg's a day and feel just fine. In the morning when I wake up, I never take them right away. I usually wait a couple hour's until I take my first dose of 4mg's, simply because I feel fine. Oh and after the email I last sent you last night with the amount I have left, well I made my husband count them, and I was wrong, I have 6 and a 1/4 left Just thought I'd give you as much information as possible. Again, I can't thank you enough, for reaching out to us addicts. I feel like I have some one who is going to be there for me, and walk me through this tough time. My goal was to be clean and sober before my 30th birthday. And I know I will be! Thank you!

Exclamation Oops!

I said 1 and a 1/4 which equals 12mg's, I mean 10mg's. I figured that one out wrong. I'm sure you noticed that! And in my first reply to you I said I've been taking 12mg's per day, when is been 10mg's a day 1 and a quarter sub. Sorry I had my math wrong, and sorry for any inconvenience.
    Last edited by SMG1979; 05-07-2009 at 09:34 AM.

Post Any one who has information, please input!!!!

Please any one else that can help me, please, your input would be greatly appreciated! How long does it take to become addicted to suboxone?

It depends on the amount you're taking. You won't have any addiction problems from the suboxone considering the amount of medication you have. God bless.

So today i took 4mg at 11am and at 3:30 i took 2mg, a total of 6mg and feel fine. Should I still take the other 2mg you suggested yesterday? I now have 5 and 1/2- 8mg pills left. Just a heads up!

You should take the amount I've suggested. If you start taking too small of an amount now you'll go into w/d and then you'll end up using what you have left just trying to get stable again. You should be taking it like I suggested for another couple days. Cut the dose by 25% every third day considering the small amount you have left. Do that until you run out and then you'll have to deal with it the rest of the time you have left in opiate detox.

Unhappy Back and forth I know!

Robert,

I have a second Dr.'s Appointment tomorrow, (which I thought I would not be attending) with the suboxone Dr. I personally can't afford to go. I myself have not the money to afford it, as stated before.

But I've explained the situation to my mother, as far as tapering off sub's with your plan. My mom said that she would afford me this one visit... maybe! I think she's going to do it for me this one time only. With that being said, I'll probably get one more prescription of sub's with only being another 16 of the 8mg's ones. The sub Dr. told me that's all he hands out at a time for the first 2 Dr. visits.

Question, will it be easier for you, and I to do your taper plan with that amount, as apposed to the 5 and a 1/4 I have left? My concern is the withdrawals. When you said I'd have to finish the withdrawal where I left off prior,[B] do you think it will be as bad as it was before I started the sub's? [/B]If so should I just stop the sub's cold turkey, considering there's still a chance my mom could change her mind? She's done it to me before. Again as said before I have a little boy I MUST take care of, and can not do that effectively in the withdrawal state of mind.

I now have to convince my husband to give me my other 2mg's to make a total of 8 for the day
    Last edited by SMG1979; 05-07-2009 at 07:16 PM.

If you can get another sixteen subs plus the five you have I can get you through this. I can't deal with your husband not wanting to give you the meds so you can adhere to the suggestions. You'll have to handle that. But if you'll get the other pills and then follow what I ask you to do you'll be successful at this. You won't become addicted to anything and I'll get you past this. Let me know what you do so we can adjust your dose to include the additional medication in the plan. God bless.

Post Robert I got my sub's from the hubby!!!

Robert,

I convinced my husband to hand over all of the sub's to me. He thought I was just wanting to abuse the sub's, then I asked him to read what you and I have been posting to each other. He said here you go, but do what Robert say's.

At 11:30 my time is my Dr.s appointment. I took a total of 8mg's yesterday as suggested by you and felt completely fine. Today so far I have taken 4mg's, and I'll take the other 4 this evening. I'll let you know after the appointment today if all went well.

Thank you again so much for putting forth the effort to help me. I appreciate what you are doing on your own free time, to help so many of us. You are a great person, and I wish there were more people out there like you.

I'll post again after the appointment, and maybe we can discuss my treatment plan further.

Thanks a million,
    Sara

That's good news. I also have an appointment with my dr this morning at 11:15. I will be back online this afternoon when I get home and we'll talk then. Just stay positive, we'll get you through this. God bless.

Unhappy Oh My Goodness!!!

Robert,

Okay so I went to my sub Dr. appointment. And with the knowledge that I have now, I started to ask questions. This apt cost me $150.00. First I asked the receptionist how many patients my Dr. has for suboxone.... she said a little over a 100. His limit is 100. WOW.... I thought they were only allowed 30. I was literally back in the room for no more than 5 minutes. I asked how long he intended on keeping me on the sub's, and he said since I've been addicted to opiates for 5 yrs, and a user of snorting herion for 3 months, that I would at least be on the sub's for a year. Oh my goodness! I then said well do you have a taper plan, because I heard and researched that coming off the sub's can be quite difficult, unless done properly. He said I would go from 16mg - 12mg -8mg - 4mg - then be on 2mg's for a week skipping ever other day, then I'm done. He said if I were to quit today I would have very mild withdrawal. i.e, a headache sleeplessness, but that's about all. I don't know, but it just surprises me how little the MD's know about this medication. I then told him today would be my last appointment, and that I'm weaning myself off the sub's with help, from people who have used the sub's and successfully came off of them. He thinks I'll be begging to come back to him, and that I'm making a terrible mistake. But I know I'm making the right choice, by continuing my taper with you.

So anyways, after today's 8mg, 4mg's in the am and 4mg's in the pm, I have 4 and a 1/4-8mg's left out of my previous prescription. Today he wrote me a script for 14- 8mg pills. So I have a total of 18 1/4- 8mg pills.

A couple questions???? I've read and researched your taper plan link. First question, do we now have enough meds to taper me off them correctly? 2 will I now follow your 4 day taper plan meaning, take the 8mg dose for 4 days, and then drop that by 25%, so on and so on? The reason I ask, is because I know before when we talked about the amount I had left, you said it would be hard, and we'd have to try to stretch what I had left, that I'd be on the 8mg for 3 day's before dropping it by 25%.

Thanks a bunch,
    Sara

Freedom4me is offline Advanced Member

SMG,
    Good for you. Sounds like you are on the right track with Robert. I will be watching and of course here for support. Good luck and do exactly as he says. He will get you off this merry go round. Good luck and hang tough.

Hi Sara ... let me put this another way to you. If I had my choice I would like to see you have enough medication so that we could do this exactly the way I normally do it, the way you see me working with others here on the forum. But the fact is that you don't have and likely won't have access to 6-8 weeks worth of medication. So we are going to have to make due with what we have to work with. But it will all work out.

The extra 14 suboxone you got today will help immensely. It isn't what I would have asked for if I had my wish but what we'll do is try to be a little more aggressive than I usually do it in hopes that we can get you beyond the worst of the detox and then start tapering you down a little more quickly than we usually do it. I just need to see how you react as we go forward and we'll change our plans as we see fit.

Communicate with me daily and I'll watch this one very closely. You'll be okay, certainly a lot better than it looked like yesterday when you only had a few at your disposal. Hope that helps. God bless.

lisa3172 is offline New Member

Default Need help to get off Suboxone

Robert_325 can you please help me? I have been taking Suboxone for 5 almost 6 months now. I take 4mg a day. I want to stop taking them without being to sick. Do you think you can help me? I would be really grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by lisa3172 View Post
    Robert_325 can you please help me? I have been taking Suboxone for 5 almost 6 months now. I take 4mg a day. I want to stop taking them without being to sick. Do you think you can help me? I would be really grateful.

I can help you with the taper down and off the subs. You'll need to follow the tapering instructions and let me know on a daily basis how you're doing following the suggestions I give you.

You would begin tomorrow by reducing your dose to 3mg per day. That should be done in two equal doses one when you get up and the other late afternoon/early evening. Just let me know how you do each day so I know if you need to make any changes. Keep all of the communications you and I have on this thread so I have notes to refer back to. Will look for your reply. God bless.

Robert,

Okay .... that sounds good. So today is my second day on 8mg's. Will tomorrow be my last day on 8mg's?

Yesterday and today, I feel great. One personnel question though, Since I started suboxone eight day's ago, I have not had a bowel movement. Is constipation not out of the ordinary while on this medication? I've never had any problems before. Sorry for asking you this question, I know it's nasty. I need to know, and I hope it's okay to take laxatives, because I did.

And I plan on updated you daily on how many pills I have left. As of today 18 and a 1/4.

xxhelzxx is offline Member

Yesterday 11:54 PM
    SMG1979 Robert,

Okay .... that sounds good. So today is my second day on 8mg's. Will tomorrow be my last day on 8mg's?

Yesterday and today, I feel great. One personnel question though, Since I started suboxone eight day's ago, I have not had a bowel movement. Is constipation not out of the ordinary while on this medication? I've never had any problems before. Sorry for asking you this question, I know it's nasty. I need to know, and I hope it's okay to take laxatives, because I did.

And I plan on updated you daily on how many pills I have left. As of today 18 and a 1/4.
    Hey SMG yea its out of the ordinary NOT to have constipation when you are on a high dose, it will go away and your bowles will turn on you when you get down to a low dose like 1.5 mg's or less. I would stray from lax's and try to get lots of fiber, eat the hell out of some vegies. laxatives will put a kink in things later down the road if you keep taking them. Im not sure how long robert wants you to be on 8mg's but if its anything like the taper he had me on its 4 days, then down to 6 for 4 days. but I kinda crashed my start, i went from 8mgs a day to 4 in 10 days then stopped, after 10 days of hell i started back 2mg;s a day and tapered 25% every 4 days after that. im on .35 a day right now and have had little w/d's, I have them but they arent nothing. anywho, I belive you could go so far as to start 6mg's a day now and drop that down to 4mg's a day after 4 days, then start your taper of 25% ever 4 days. but follow Robets taper to the T and youll be fine. How much do you ahve left now? It sounds like youll have enough but if you think you will not have enough to get through your taper by all means go to your dr appointments and tell him what you need to tell him to get what you need. I told mine I was was really craving the pills and needed the subs to keep the craving away. the A-hole rx'd me 8mg's a day for a 30 day supply. so I had PLENTY. dont tell him about this place what ever yo do.

lisa3172 Need help to get off Suboxone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hows your taper going lisa? or did you start?

Sara .... yes we will make an adjustment on your dose on Sunday as long as you have no problems between then and now. If all goes well then we'll reduce you to 6mg. I am hoping that as we move forward you will be one of those people who are able to taper comfortably every three days rather than every four days like I usually suggest. That will make a significant difference in having your limited supply of subs go further.

Constipation is a very common problem with the use of about any opiate of which suboxone is one. It's obviously best if you can control that with your diet but if it takes a laxative after eight days I would have done the same thing. Try to adjust your diet if you can so that will be reversed. Try to add foods to your diet that help the digestive process be it with raw veggies, the right fruits, or whatever. You can also add a supplement high in fiber to your diet.

Keep me updated daily on how you're doing. With the short supply of pills you have we want to take advantage of every opportunity that presents itself to move forward steadily and as quickly as we can without placing you in w/d. Talk tomorrow. God bless.

Default Day 3 on 8mg and ready to taper down

Robert

Today so far I have taken 4mg, and I feel fine. This evening I'll take the other 4mg. I feel great and think I'm definitely ready to make the 25% drop to 6mg tomorrow. As said before, I'll be updating you daily on how many sub's I have left. After today's dose, I'll have 17 -1/4- 8mg pills left.

I've also been reading and I hear exercise helps tremendously as well as a high protein diet. Tomorrow I'm going to start the diet and exercise. I need to loose about 5-10 lbs anyways. Today I have all my house that need some serious attention to clean.

I'm getting really scared as far as this constipation is concerned, I still even after taking the laxatives, have not had a bowel movement. What's the deal with that? Even when I was a major user, I've never had a problem. It has been almost 9 day's. And what scares me the most is since I've been on suboxone I've had an increasingly large appetite. Any suggestions? I've been eating ton's of fiber rich foods.

Thanks for all the support
    * Sara*

Default Wow....

I didn't realize that last post would be so large... I wont do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by SMG1979 View Post
    I didn't realize that last post would be so large... I wont do that again.

Sara ... I lived in a constant state of constipation for years. I think all opiate addicts do the same.

I can tell you what will blast you out! Please understand that what I'm about to suggest will probably give you kind of a stomach ache until you get past that first "wonderful" trip to the bathroom.

For me there was only one thing that worked every time I used it. That was Dulcolax. I never read the directions I just went ahead and took three. I promise that in a matter of about six to eight hours my stomach would begin grumbling, I would get some stomach pains, and pretty soon I would be living in that bathroom for the next 2-3 hours. I hated it and only did it when I had no choice. But it worked for me and I was taking SOOOOO many more opiates than you. It's not a pleasant way to do it but hey ... it's a drag to not be able to go to the bathroom. Once you get through it then I would take the Dulcolax stool softeners on a daily basis. This problem just goes along with opiates. As soon as you get your dose down to a minimum your problems should go away and you will be able to control it with diet.

Perhaps someone else has a milder way of reaching the same goal. I don't know what it would be. I hope you don't have too bad of a stomach ache doing what I've said but it worked for me every time I did what I just suggested. Good luck and God bless.

Question Tomorrow 6mg,s?

So tomorrow it's 6mg's Right?

You got it! 6mg taken in two 3mg doses daily. We'll plan on that tentatively through Tuesday as our goal. God bless.

xxhelzxx is offline Member

Ha funny you mentioned Dulcolax. I still have some. thats what i used, i stopped when i started the subs and clogged up like SMG. He is right about that though, they will evacuate your bowel. i never took 3. I de take 1 in the mornign and one at night. you're hardcore mate

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast