Day 4 Oxy WD
    justhadit is offline New Member

Default Day 4 Oxy WD

Well, I may be a new member but I have used this site for my own mental health and can't believe the amount of helpful,sincere people out there willing to give time and advice.
    A little info about myself: Father of 3 kids with busy lives. When can I do this?

I have been on Oxycodone for 14 months now for lower back pain due to an accident at work. By June 2011 I was on 120mg. a day and started to up that to 150-180mg. each day. Of course because of this I nearly ran completely out. I immediately went down to 10mg. per day because it was all I had and figured I would save 1 per day. Well, I had an eye opening experience to say the least. Since then I educated myself better with alot of help from this forum!
    Right now as the title suggests I am on day4. My last Oxy was Mon 8:00 a.m. I was scared to quit but my chiropractor talked me into it. I warned my wife about the w/d symptoms,gave her my meds and told her to take them out of the house! I had more than a months worth left. About 160 15 mg. pills down the drain. I even gave her the safe key wihich has a gun in it. That scared her but I remembered the total deep depression from last time. It certainly helps to believe in a higher power to get one thru this. I have been praying for myself as have others stated to me "I will say a prayer for you". Thgis is getting too long OK day 4 now and the worst is behind me. Insomnia,skin crawls,cold sweats,cravings,diarhea....yes all the above! But, very little depression which is one reason for this thread. I followed the thomas recipe....minus the valium. Only because I couldn't get any legally.
    I still have cramps and pain,but the exhaustion is a little less. I even went out today and bought a dishwasher! A simple task I could not have imagined doing only yesterday! This is more like a BIG THANK YOU to this forum. I tried signing up Tues. but just couldn't even do that. God Bless, Joe
    Last edited by ddcmod; 12-02-2011 at 05:03 AM.

Anonymous Guest

Hey Joe
    Glad to have you here!!! I had a real bad opiate addiction a few years back, I did a long taper and made it.. but your going to get there a lot faster the way your doing it...Im very happy for you...
    Keep us posted on how it is going..
    Melinda

Melinda ,
    Thank you for the kind words. So far so good but it is 2:07 a.m. and I am on the computer.....gave up attempting to sleep. Hopefully I can find some more sleep. My legs are weak as hell, but my back actually feels improved! I think I reached a point the Oxy. was producing the pain rather than helping anymore.
    Any suggestions out there for a daily reminder how hard this w/d is? You know like a string on the finger or something. I do not want to forget 6 months from now when I may need pain killers. Thanks again and God Bless, Joe

stressedout is offline New Member

Thumbs up I've been through w/d on oxy 80s and it was very, very hard

I was getting Oxy 80s for $5 a piece, and was charging enough to make my money back and still have enough OCs left to where i was using 5 to 7 a day! That deal ended when the woman i was getting them from got put into a nursing home. The w/d are horrific, but do not compare to those of methadone! That is what i got on to help get off of OCs, which ended up being the worst mistake i have ever made. So stay strong mentally, your not far from the painful part of oc w/d to be over, next will be the mental, but when you beat the physical pain, think of that every time any thought of an opiate crosses your mind!!

Thank you
    Day 5 now...legs in pain and little sleep but other than that most of the severe w/d's are behind me. WOW, what a feeling of accomplishment! God blessed me to this point and I will not turn back!