Day 3 of W/D oxycodone. Advice Please!
    OleMissRebz is offline New Member

Default Day 3 of W/D oxycodone. Advice Please!

Hi guys, I have finally registered an account here and I feel great for doing so. I have been reading off and on this message board for quite a few months now. I would like to share a little of my story, as I have never done so.

I first want to mention that I am on day 3 of roxycodone/hydrocodone W/D's, and all I can say is WOW to the pure hELL the last 3 days have been....

I am fixing to turn 26, and I never really cared for pain pills at all in my earlier days of "partying" every now and again, but hardly ever because they made me kinda sick. The start of my "drug using" career started at an early age around 12-13 y/o by way of LSD, pot, MDMA, and very other few recreational drugs, as this begun my rave/Electronic Dance Music career. As I got into high school, I did play sports, football and baseball, but smoked pot on a daily basis. I had to maintain this persona as all "good" kids are supposed to. When the weekends came, it was on! Raves all over the United States, some out of the U.S., with this a lot of drugs came. Meth, MDMA, etc. I was becoming very successful as an Electronic Dance Music event promoter, music producer, and unfourtantely, a heavy rec. drug supplier for the U.S. at the age of 17. During that time I had released 2 albums that did well, performed all over the world with major acts, and all of this gloat and glory came to a hault a few weeks before I turned 18.

A pleasant surprise by homeland security and the DEA.

BAM. My life was in shambles, fortunately, only a birthday card with 6 hits of LSD from the Netherlands. During the time I waited for my court date which was 2 years later, I was in college, still smoking pot, and taking rec. drugs, I maintained a 3.9 GPA. I received a year of house arrest and 60 months of federal supervised probation.

During my supervision, I continued to use rec. drugs, adderall, and a pain pill every now and again failed some drug tests, got slaps on the wrists. During my last 13 months of probation, i failed yet another drug test, this time for opiates as I stupidly indulged into hydrocodone caugh syrup. This landed me 1 year in federal prison, followed by an additional 18 months of probation.

After getting out of prison, I changed my life completely, started my career, doing very well for myself, got back into the outdoors which I loved very much as a kid. The last week of deer season in February of 2012, I had a hunting accident in which I fell 15 feet on my back. Luckily, I was only left with buldging discs.

Well you know the story and how it goes. Got perscribed to hydrocodone, and began taking them everyday. I also met the love of my life the same month I had my accident, we are now engaged to be married in September, and she is absolutely amazing, and coincidently, she's a nurse at an orthopedic and pain clinic. Well about 4 months ago, after seeing that a script of 90 10's would only last me 2 weeks. I was introduced to Roxycodone by an old room mate. And wow, what an unbelievable turn for the worst. After some 15 grand or so of buying and using these things while still taking the norco, I couldn't handle it anymore. The world that these folks that deal/use these things is just truly devastating, and all I can do at this point is pray for them....

So which leads me to this. The whole time my fianc

beatit is offline Junior Member

Your story cut off, im interested to see how things have been happening.

OleMissRebz is offline New Member

So which leads me to this. The whole time my fianc never really had a clue that I used these things everyday, with my sneaky drug use ways, I was able to hide it, make it work, and nobody ever know. This past Saturday 3/1, I broke down into tears because I've had enough of all of this. And I could see the definite potential of destroying the greatest thing I have in my life and it scared me to death. I finally came out to my fianc and mom about my oxycodone addiction. Both were completely shocked, and beyond willing to standby me and support me of getting off of these things.

This has been the most miserable torture and feeling that I've ever had in my life and I'm begging for some guidance here. I keep telling myself that I can do this. I just want to be a normal person, waking up every morning without the dependency of pain pills to get through the day.

My last 30 mg of roxy was Saturday at 8pm. Shortly after is when I came clean about it all.

Right now the restless leg syndrome has kicked into overdrive and is driving me nuts!!!!

Here is the routine I have put together these last 3 days. And I don't know if it has helped or not because I've never been through withdrawals before.

*when I wake up*
    1000mg - L-Lysine (couldn't find L-Tyrosine, and suppposively this is supposed to be similar) on empty stomach

100mg B6 on empty stomach

Take hot bath with 2 cups of Epsom salts

Try to eat something I can get down which has been oatmeal, bananas, cereal, fruit cups. After eating something, I take this.

1 multi vitamin (men's one a day is all I could find with the suggested 100% daily value)

500 mg of high potency magnesium

99 mg of potassium

1200 mg of calcium with 1000IU vitamin D3

2 TSP of powdered fiber mixed with about 6-8oz's of Gatorade.

Around lunch I try to eat a banana as I have not much of an appetite and I do:

2 TSP of powdered fiber mixed with about 6-8oz's of Gatorade again.

Later on in the afternoon I do:

1000mg - L-Lysine (couldn't find L-Tyrosine, and suppposively this is supposed to be similar) on empty stomach

Rest for a little while if I can, then for supper which I still don't have much of an appetite, I take:

I have been taking 10 mg of Valium at night to try and sleep which doesn't help much. Also, alka seltzer severe cold and flu, and icy hot patches on my back.

The last 2 nights I've had to get up at 1 or 2 am to take a hot Epsom salt bath, this morning I woke up at 540am and took another Epsom salt bath.

At this point the Restless leg stuff is a nightmare, can anyone tell me what stage I'm in, how close to the finish line of feeling like this I'm at or what. I never want to go through this again. If there is anything else I can try please do tell. Thank you all for letting me share. It took me several hours to type this message, as I don't have much energy.

Sorry I didn't realize it cut off.
    Last edited by OleMissRebz; 03-04-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Theoretically speaking there really is not finish line, this will forever be a battle that you have to conquer as a man. I myself just became sober Wednesday, taking 300mg of Vicodin a day. What you will notice within the next day or 2 is the flu like symptoms going away, restless left with be there for a while that is just something you'll have to deal with, I went and picked up some Hammonds Resless Leg and it seems to be work pretty well. I also take multi vitamins, zinc, BCAA, fish oils, and drank a hell of a lot of gaterade and water. Keep taking baths it definitely helps. Go buy some Imodium AD the liquid kind, it helps with the stomach and runs, also get some Aleve for the back pain, I then added Tylenol cold and flu, you can also get some sleeping pills or some Zzz Quil to help sleep, but I would suggest getting that restless leg stuff. Take as many baths as you want, I personally get bored to easily and end up siting in there for maybe 5 minutes, but get an electric heating pad, and out it on your lower back/buttock area where your probably feeling the pain (I also have bulging discs) your mind will tell you that your back is hurting from the discs and you need meds but don't give into you'll be fine. This takes a bit of time I would say by day 4-5 you'll be good to mosey around. Continue taking vitamins and all that good stuff and don't give I to it, looks like you and I have some similarities as far as injuries, and starting to cold turkey. Keep me updated.

trying2013 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by OleMissRebz View Post
    So which leads me to this. The whole time my fianc never really had a clue that I used these things everyday, with my sneaky drug use ways, I was able to hide it, make it work, and nobody ever know. This past Saturday 3/1, I broke down into tears because I've had enough of all of this. And I could see the definite potential of destroying the greatest thing I have in my life and it scared me to death. I finally came out to my fianc and mom about my oxycodone addiction. Both were completely shocked, and beyond willing to standby me and support me of getting off of these things.

This has been the most miserable torture and feeling that I've ever had in my life and I'm begging for some guidance here. I keep telling myself that I can do this. I just want to be a normal person, waking up every morning without the dependency of pain pills to get through the day.

My last 30 mg of roxy was Saturday at 8pm. Shortly after is when I came clean about it all.

Right now the restless leg syndrome has kicked into overdrive and is driving me nuts!!!!

Here is the routine I have put together these last 3 days. And I don't know if it has helped or not because I've never been through withdrawals before.

*when I wake up*

Try to eat something I can get down which has been oatmeal, bananas, cereal, fruit cups. After eating something, I take this.

1 multi vitamin (men's one a day is all I could find with the suggested 100% daily value)

500 mg of high potency magnesium

99 mg of potassium

Around lunch I try to eat a banana as I have not much of an appetite and I do:

2 TSP of powdered fiber mixed with about 6-8oz's of Gatorade again.

Later on in the afternoon I do:

Rest for a little while if I can, then for supper which I still don't have much of an appetite, I take:

I have been taking 10 mg of Valium at night to try and sleep which doesn't help much. Also, alka seltzer severe cold and flu, and icy hot patches on my back.

The last 2 nights I've had to get up at 1 or 2 am to take a hot Epsom salt bath, this morning I woke up at 540am and took another Epsom salt bath.

At this point the Restless leg stuff is a nightmare, can anyone tell me what stage I'm in, how close to the finish line of feeling like this I'm at or what. I never want to go through this again. If there is anything else I can try please do tell. Thank you all for letting me share. It took me several hours to type this message, as I don't have much energy.

Sorry I didn't realize it cut off.
    Hi and welcome!

3 clean days is awesome! As for how you are feeling, days 3-5 are generally when the worst of the w/d symptoms peak. The only thing I did t see was if you are exercising. If not, at least go for a walk. Even if you don't feel like it. It will help your brain begin to make the endorphins it is missing. That's what happens when we take pills. Our brain stops making the chemical naturally. When we w/d, the brain begins to scream for its drugs. Walking will also help with the RLS.

I will encourage you to go to NA/AA meetings as well. This forum is great for support and advice. But as a recovering addict, you will need that face to face support. Also, you need to break all contact with your "contacts". Be it your dr, or your best friend. You don't need the temptation.

Please, remember what you are going through and how you feel. Commit it to memory. Get mad at these feelings. This will help you to remember why you can't ever go back to pills. Why you never want another day 1 ever again.

Be strong and good luck in your journey.

Jin

oscarcody1 is offline Member

OleMiss,

"I never want to go through this again." Guess what, you don't have to brother. As hard as it is to feel like you're in control when you feel <<<<<<, when you don't give into your addiction and desire for pills YOU are in the driver's seat.
    As wild as your story is, it actually reminds me a lot of me for a whole number of reasons. I'm a young guy, same type of guy you are - played multiple sports, went to a bunch of festivals, messed around with random stuff. Never thought anything of it. Well, this is the reality my friend... Opiate addiction is REAL and needs to be handled properly.
    For now, just treat your symptoms as best as you can and try to remind yourself this is normal. When you're addicted to a substance and you stop taking it, you're not supposed to feel right. Get mad at this thing bro, these things made you feel this way. I took/take hylands restless legs when I get it and it works pretty good actually. You just drop them under your tongue and they dissolve. Honestly, music is what gets me through a lot of tough times. I would put on some old beats back from college or whatever and just puts me in a good mood. Hot showers are good too. Keep posting man, you can and WILL get through this. Stay strong.

Cody

trying2013 is offline Member

Olemiss

Just checking in on you. Hop on and give us an update.

Jin

welp it seems ur forgetting the most important thing

immodium. this should be your best friend right now.

I take 8 to 10 mgs three times a day when detoxing.

Hey bud its been a while since you have posted, how are things going??
    Finally Clean, Thank you God.
    2/26/13