Curious..
    wtfkatie is offline Member

Smile Curious..

How Old is everyone here?
    Where do you live?
    What did you/are you abusing?
    Are you on Methadone/Suboxone?

I've just always wondered who's giving me great advice If you want to tell me a bit about you too i'd love that! If you're not comfortable sharing info or experiances i completely understand

As for me:

I'm 18, 19 on oct 11th.
    I live in sacramento, california.
    I was abusing vicodin for 3 years.
    I am now on methadone maintenance, Have been for almost 2 yars, 2 year mark will be oct 11th. I started on my 17th birthday. They usually only accept 18+ but made an acception because my doctor said I severley needed treatment for addiction. Thankfully I got the help I needed so badly.

About me.. Well i'll just give a few details..I work ffull time in a childcare in a substance abuse counceling center, And go to college full time, i'm a sophmore in college..I"m tired or i'd say more, But I can't
    think of much!
    Last edited by wtfkatie; 10-04-2007 at 01:52 AM.

Default Who......me?

Hi there,

My name is Janice and I am 42 years old, (43 on October 18th). I am a twice divorced mother of 2 boys aged 18 and 8.

My addiction began with the birth of my 2nd child. C-section had my doctor prescribing percocets, 125 a month. She continued to prescribe them for about 6 months. She then left the practice and I was forced to see another doctor who absolutely refused to write me a script. Withdrawal soon began, which led to me purchasing them off the street. I was introduced to oxycontin and immediately fell in love. Tens of thousands of dollars and 4 years later my addiction brought me to my knees.

After trying cold turkey many times, I finally called a 1-800 tele number in the phone book. That telephone called saved my life. The woman on the other end told me about Suboxone.

I have just recently "weaned" myself off of the Sub's. I took my last Sub a month ago and feeling good. No pain, w/d, and best yet, no cravings for anything.

I live in Jersey, and I am currently working for a lawn care service.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

Hugs,
    Janice
    I shall remain grateful for Suboxone...........

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SheLovesKoalas View Post
    Hi there,

My name is Janice and I am 42 years old, (43 on October 18th). I am a twice divorced mother of 2 boys aged 18 and 8.

My addiction began with the birth of my 2nd child. C-section had my doctor prescribing percocets, 125 a month. She continued to prescribe them for about 6 months. She then left the practice and I was forced to see another doctor who absolutely refused to write me a script. Withdrawal soon began, which led to me purchasing them off the street. I was introduced to oxycontin and immediately fell in love. Tens of thousands of dollars and 4 years later my addiction brought me to my knees.

After trying cold turkey many times, I finally called a 1-800 tele number in the phone book. That telephone called saved my life. The woman on the other end told me about Suboxone.

I have just recently "weaned" myself off of the Sub's. I took my last Sub a month ago and feeling good. No pain, w/d, and best yet, no cravings for anything.

I live in Jersey, and I am currently working for a lawn care service.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

Hugs,
    ^.^ I love hearing stories from others, Helps me know i'm not alone in the whole addiction & recovery phase. Good job with the suboxone! I know it's hard but you did the best thing you could ever do for yourself

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

I am a 44 year old married man with 3 boys aged 22 and twins 17.
    I was actively addicted for 23 years after many surgeries on my rt knee and lower lumbar.
    Both my parents were\are cross addicted and I spent about 8 years as a kid going to AA meetings with my Dad.
    I must have got a double dose of addiction from my mom and dad as I was tolerent to opiates right from the start.I abused Demerol for 10 years and took 500mgs every 3 hours.I eventually had a seizure from the demerol and switched to oxycontin(oxycodone).Oxycontin didn't work no matter how much I took so I switched to morphine and pretty much stayed on that until I started methadone.
    I started methadone 5+ years ago and I have to admit my first year+ on methadone I was not a good patient.I would buy extra methadone and take tons of morphine.The whole time I kept telling the doctor at the clinic that this stuff was useless and that it didn't work.They finally started to raise my dose 10mgs a week and when I got to 250mgs I stopped my abusive behaviour.I had to go up to 400mgs as I had pain issues to deal with.
    I stayed there at 400 untill just under 2 years ago when I felt well enough to come down.I have come down to 220mgs and I will drop to 200mgs next week.
    I don't think I'm going to be able to go any lower at least not for awhile.
    It takes a long time for your receptors to heal and it takes even longer to produce enough endorphines and dopa ine ect to feel well.
    I forgot to mention that I'm in Ontario Canada.
    Methadone is not usually for people with addictions t the weaker opiates like codeine,hydrocodone,propoxyphene but as Katie proves there are exceptions and we see it from time to time.
    I usually don't suggest methadone to people here unless they have been heavily addicted for many years.
    I usually suggest buprenorphene(suboxone,subutex) to most because they usually end up here after they have tried NA,AA or cold turkey many times and they are desperate.Anyway,I try and give back as someone tried to help me out when I was in the midst of my abuse...Have a good day everyone....Dave

submom is offline Member

I am mid thirties
    live in sunny california
    was addicted to vicodin and norco for 4 years after an injury...i just never stopped taking them and found myself taking much more than needed. It changed me. I became a liar, a thief, an addict. I was ashamed of myself and found it hard to look at myself. One day i said enough...i was tired...of hiding..of lying and of constantly counting my pills. I called many suboxone Dr.'s and found one that i thought i would like. I started on the suboxone in august. I started at 16 mgs. and am now at 2mgs. I look forward to one day being clean. I sometimes miss the norco, but the more i get some of my old self back....i know i dont need them.

I am glade we are all here. I feel a little sad for us all....we have a common thread that binds us...i know that for me my addiction started because of something lacking in me...be it self control or maybe even self respect...but after i do this taper and become an addict in recovery...i will have earned my own respect....and many of you already have it.

Thank you two for sharing your life experiences & addiction with me! You both give such great advice and are both a great help to me, for that u'll be forever thankful to you.

Here's a little more info about me,

I have a wonderful fiance of 3 years, He's the best thing that's ever came into my life, He's always here for me when I need help or support and supports me with my choice to be on methadone.

I grew up going from doctor to doctor, hospital to hospital to get vicodin, at the time it was for my mom (Who made me pretend I was having pain to get her vicodin), But as I grew older I learned I liked them too and became addicted. I can honestly say i've had over 200+ tests ran at the hospital&doctors for things that weren't really wrong with me..Addiction was hard for me since no doctor would consistantly prescribe me vicodin on a regular basis. Methadone has changed my life, saved my life and saved my family from the addict habits I had.

Solonne is offline Member

Hi, everyone!

Most of you already know me - I'm a 50 yr old female from sunny SO Cal. I'm not exactly an addict but after using various narcotics for almost 4 years, I found that I WAS extremely dependent on them and ended up in a strange city, locked in a motel room going through CT w/d's and didn 't have a clue what was going on! Thanks to Submom, Mike, Circa, and a bunch of others I made it through 8 days of hell

I'm now on my 11th? day without naroctics and so far, I'm doing ok. The disease pain is still there but I'm looking into alternative methods to manage pain.

All of you have been wonderful! Not just in your sage advice but just knowing someone was out there who cared and KNEW what I was going through was like a light in a very dark place.

Yay for you guys!!! Love & light ~ Solo

Mike VG is offline Senior Member

Default My Boring Story Hehehe

Well, Im a 46 year old man who feels like I'm about 3000 years old, no, seriously. I joined the Navy when I was 18, ended up spending 20 years in the elite Submarine Service (I'm proud of that). Ended up retiring at 38 yrs.old. I left the marriage and the divorce out 'cause it's just another page. I managed to acquire a condo in San Diego with my Father's help and with the substantial money I was able to save with and invest while in the Service and decided I was gonna live my life doing what I wanted to do instead of what I was ordered to do. My Mother suffered a stroke, so we sold both condos, moved to St. Louis where my Sister is because my Mother and Father divorced a year prior to my Mom's stroke. Bought a house here where I spend my retirement taking care of it and her (which is substantial). I'm off the drugs which I indulged in constantly in San Diego, mostly pot and crystal meth. I fell in love with Crystal Meth, but those days are over. Since moving here I've quit drinking beer, another one of my passions. I came down with the Shingles with Post Herpetic Neuralgia following so I find myself at the VA ER, was diagnosed, now I take about 12 medications Percocet, Neurontin, Depakote, Celexa, Clonazepam, Effexor...on and on. So I get on here to realize I'm not the only one undergoing difficulties when it seems everyone around me doesn't have a problem in the world. So I try to count my blessings, put on a happy face and praise my God, and my Savior Jesus (Yeshua), and know that I'm being looked down upon as I go through just another test. So a short synopsis of me, and I look forward to reading what's going on with each and every one of you. God Bless and try to see the bigger picture. Carry on.
    MikeVG
    Last edited by Mike VG; 10-04-2007 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Mike VG

alonenomore is offline Junior Member

Hi Mike, wow u r so young. Good job for getting help so young. I wish I knew then what I know now. I am 41 and live in Yuba City, CA. Been abusing opiates off and on for 20 years. Currentlly using and abusing more than ever before...oxycontin. Been takingthem off and on for about three months, when i run out i get Lortabs 7.5 and take way too many until the opiates are in again. I get everything on the "street" now, no doc involved. Therefore spending a fortune. About $700 a month. Looking for a Suboxone doc now. Plan to go see one soon. Do you have to stay on methadone forever? I have my BSW (Bachelor of Science in Social Work), just graduated in May. Was in grad school but let my flipping addiction help me self destruct out of that. Opportunity togo back in August. Currently looking for work and have a potential job in Sacamento as Case Manager/Facillitator! Take care! hope this helped! PS: I have a son older than u (20) and a daughter who is 13 and a freshmen in high school. Married as well.

alonenomore is offline Junior Member

Woops Accidentily Addressed My Quote To Mike...i Meant Curious..but Mike And Everyone Else As Wel! All Have Inspired Me And Given Me Hope. Wont Posting For Almost A Week As Going Deer Hunting W/my Husband And Step Son-in-law. Yes I Am Female, But Dont Shoot Bambi, I Just Plan To Kick It And Say Goodbye To The Opaites When I Return. Plan To Talk To My Husband About Suboxone, Have Printed Several Articles On It So He Can Read About It. He Is Not Going To Be Happy With Me When I Tell Him I Blew It Again, But He Really Already Knows, Being In Denial Is Just Easier Sometimes For Our Loved Ones. Talk To U All Soon I Hope!

Solonne is offline Member

You'll be in my thoughts, Alone Perhaps just the fact that you are taking the steps with Suboxoine will be enough to help your husband see you really just want to be clean. Take care & write us when you get back so we know how you're doing!

Dave87666 is offline Member

Im Dave I live in Jersey I was addicted to >>>>>> for 5+ years at a very large amount...I am now on subutex(suboxone made me sick) I've been to 10 rehabs,but only completed 5 yet still continued to use until I decided to get myself to a suboxone Dr. and I have been good ever since..I am still using benzos,but they are prescribed,and I dont really abuse them. Im on here to help,and also to get my own help and support.This has been a great site!
    Congrats to everyone who is in this type of struggle.

Siddhartha07 is offline Junior Member

Hi everyone! I am 52, born in Europe /Bulgaria/ where I've got familiar with almost every kind of legal & illegal drugs at age of 15. I live in Portland, ME from 1990. In '96 I became disabled, due to a scubadiving accident, wich made me a legal user of opiates /chronic pain of both hips/. After most of available pain meds I ended up on 600mg Avinza a day + oxycodone 30x30mg monthly for break-through pain. So far it works for me, exept for a few times when I had finished the meds erlier but "Doc" was so kind and understandable and didn't leave me suffer of withdrawal. I am an admirerer of this site and find it helpful & useful. Best wishes to all of you; stay cool: Siddhartha
    Last edited by Siddhartha07; 10-06-2007 at 02:24 PM. Reason: grammar mistake

starryskies is offline Junior Member

Hi, My name is Nita. I have been a Vicodin addict for almost 6 years. At my worst I was taking 20 7.5 mgs a day. I recently went to a Methadone clinic and got very sick, it's just not for me. For now I have been clean for about a month with alot of struggling. I have found this site to be very helpful, MOST of the people on here are very honest and helpful. Good luck to everyone!

Anonymous Guest

My name is Krissy. I am 26 and I live in San Diego. I was a pill head off and on since 9/04. I have not taken anything since 5/07. I couldn't have done it without this site and the wonderful support system I have. I also have 2 beautiful daughters who keep me laughing and smiling all day. Like my friend said...MOST people around here are honest but not everyone is. Take care everyone.

Krissy

Krissybaby--3 yrs. ago I moved here to St. Louis from Paradise, San Diego. I sure do miss it a lot. I've got all the online newspapers and TV stations bookmarked on my computer. I lived there for 7 years. Enough of that .Just wanted to say Hello. Congratulations on the May 7 date.
    Mike VG
    Mike VG

withak is offline Member

Default hey krissy!

i'm so glad you posted on this thread! i was JUST starting to do a search on you and then was going to actually start a post saying 'hi', but luckily i stumbled across this instead! well, sister.....i am obviously the rudest person in the world the way i dropped off the face of the earth! especially considering what your last email to me said! i've been thinkin' aboutcha, and i wanted to reconnect. i never DID get to comment on that last email bomb you dropped on me...i was GOING to say "oh, my....i must have fainted and hit my head and slipped into a coma b/c of the startling news you gave me! sorry! i JUST came-to right now!...after all these weeks/months!" hehe

well, what's going on? did anything 'special' ever happen to you at the end of august? (i think that was the time frame). fill me in!!!

i'm still popping the stupid pills....still alternating the norco and ultram. a few weeks back, i was really out of norco and was taking the ultram for about 5 days straight with nothing else, and by the 3rd-4th day, i found myself thinking "hhhmmmm....i actuallu DO feel better on these then the hydro...." but then of course the psycological (sp?) lies creep up and make you think there's no way you could survive w/out the norco, so of course i called them in. ugh!! when's the madness going to stop??!! i am getting TOO comfortable with this lifestyle. it's not me! i know the real, old me is somewhere down there buried under TONS AND TONS of empty pill bottles, but i want her to be rescued soon! ya know?!

ok, gotta go do some house work before hubby comes home with the boys and i have nothing to show for my day of alone-ness!

btw, to answer the question of who i am.....
    kris from oregon, 1 husband, 4 boys, 37 years old, homemaker, addict
    i've been using opiates, any kind i could get my hands on, for roughly 10 years. it's boiled down to norco 10mg and ultram. i take the norco till i'm out then take the ultram till i can get another fill of norco. i take anywhere from 7 (a good day) to 10-11 (a BAD day) norco's a day. i take 2 ultram every 4-5 hours on the other days, max 6 a day. they scare me...

love ya krissy!!
    check in, kay?
    bye gals!
    Last edited by withak; 10-06-2007 at 09:31 PM. Reason: added some stuff

Anonymous Guest

Default HA!

Hey Girly...
    I have been wondering about you. Well I am gonna email you with the details about that bomb i dropped. Its gonna be long girl so get ready...HAHA! So sorry you are still struggling with the norco/ultram thing. If there is anything I can do to help let me know. Oh! and have you heard from Preggo?? I haven't since like August when she sent me the pics of her son. Maybe we should email her?? Anyway, you are gonna hear from me so take care darling! Love ya!!

Mike,
    Thank you very much for the congrats but I have to say why in the world would you move from San Diego to St Louis? Its so beautiful here...

Krissy

Hey Krissybaby, Well--an illness in the family really left no other option, so we took advantage of the housing boom (seller's market at the time) and moved out here so the family could be in one place and the money no problem. Like I said I sure do miss it (sob sob).
    Mike VG
    Mike VG

ymccormack is offline Member

Default Me

I'm a thirty something married mother of 1...I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and work full time.

When I first moved to San Francisco...I promptly got addicted to >>>>>>...quit..got pregnant...married...moved out of the city....

And promptly got hooked on pain pills after the baby was born. I take 80 mg's a day of MS Contin and have been at that dosage for a few years.

I looked into this site when I realized I'll need to quit again if I plan to have another child. My clock is ticking --

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mike VG View Post
    Hey Krissybaby, Well--an illness in the family really left no other option, so we took advantage of the housing boom (seller's market at the time) and moved out here so the family could be in one place and the money no problem. Like I said I sure do miss it (sob sob).
    Mike VG
    Actually I read it above and I am sorry to hear that. My dad had a stroke on 8/19/04 and he hasn't been the same ever since sadly...

Junkie781 is offline Member

Unhappy hi

I'm a 43 year old married junkie....O/C has been my drug of choice, but really I'll take just about anything I can get my grubby little hands on....

Just coming back to being clean again....on my 5th day without any opiates, finally starting to feel a little better....

This board used to be a lot more active, it's pretty much a ghost town now