Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
Cr-na-aa
    Lost_soldier is offline Member

Default Cr-na-aa

Has anyone ever taken part in Celebrate recovery, NA, AA? i am asking this because due to the location of my current duty assignment there are really no places to go without my career being jeopardized or being recognized by a higher ranking individual. I have a little over two months clean (Which i have done before) but there is always something that draws me back

Boredom being the main culprit, followed by social events, injuries (i teach army MAC), and the thought of "Just this one time". i really do not want to fail once again at this and i am worried without a program to aid in my recovery on of the above mentioned will get to me. i have recently taken part in helping one of my soldiers get clean. He is a SPC that i deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq with that was actually on of my soldiers that i was actively using with down range. I was recently put on the E7 list (SFC) and looking back on my life i really have nothing to show for my progress. my wife and daughter are still gone, my home looks like a single bachelors house. i have wastedso much and do not ever want to go back down that path

-B

Maybe i will just keep posting here as a recovery program

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_soldier View Post
    Has anyone ever taken part in Celebrate recovery, NA, AA? i am asking this because due to the location of my current duty assignment there are really no places to go without my career being jeopardized or being recognized by a higher ranking individual. I have a little over two months clean (Which i have done before) but there is always something that draws me back

Boredom being the main culprit, followed by social events, injuries (i teach army MAC), and the thought of "Just this one time". i really do not want to fail once again at this and i am worried without a program to aid in my recovery on of the above mentioned will get to me. i have recently taken part in helping one of my soldiers get clean. He is a SPC that i deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq with that was actually on of my soldiers that i was actively using with down range. I was recently put on the E7 list (SFC) and looking back on my life i really have nothing to show for my progress. my wife and daughter are still gone, my home looks like a single bachelors house. i have wastedso much and do not ever want to go back down that path

-B

Maybe i will just keep posting here as a recovery program
    Hey Soldier....
    I thought you already had a sponsor?
    You know that changes in your life will come as you change.....it's not overnight but it will happen.
    What's your question about the groups?
    Are you worried about anonymity? (can't spell that word)
    I went with NA.....my brother's AA.....
    I'm hearing you about boredom...social situations.....you have been here before,
    I don't want you to go "back there" either so i'm thinking just this board isn't enough for you.
    There can be lots of fun with the group members also...camping, cookouts...lots of activities, especially in the summer.
    soooo....are you worried about being recognized?
    Anyone there who recognizes you has as much to lose as you do for talking.
    It's true that no one is to talk or break confidentiality, but it does happen.
    geez i want you to stay clean.....things will change and get better, you know that.
    rambling here....take care!
    Marian

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwally View Post
    Hey Soldier....
    You know that changes in your life will come as you change.....it's not overnight but it will happen.
    I'm hearing you about boredom...social situations.....you have been here before,
    I don't want you to go "back there" either so i'm thinking just this board isn't enough for you.
    There can be lots of fun with the group members also...camping, cookouts...lots of activities, especially in the summer.
    geez i want you to stay clean.....things will change and get better, you know that.
    Marian
    Hey Marian,

You always give great advice and suggestions! Quick and to the point. I really enjoy reading your posts! Keep up the great work.

Hugs,
    Karen

Soldier......Congratulations on the clean time. In my opinion I believe that any one of those groups is definitely needed. I am in the process right now of finding the right one for me. Marian said that anyone there who recognizes you has just a much to lose as you do. That's the truth! Keep adding up the days. You are doing awesome!

Hugs,
    Karen
    Last edited by Strong Desire; 06-23-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Anonymous Guest

Karen....
    it's quick and short cuz I really really prefer the "like" button! Best thing ever when they gave us that!
    Usually someone else says what i would have said first only better therefore..."like"!
    Strong Desire likes this.

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Karen....
    it's quick and short cuz I really really prefer the "like" button! Best thing ever when they gave us that!
    Usually someone else says what i would have said first only better therefore..."like"!
    HaHaHaHa! Awesome Marian!

A great big "LIKE" here on that one!

Lost_soldier is offline Member

Hey Soldier....
    Marian
    Marian,
    I had a sponsor prior to my last surgery but after the surgery... well we know what happened. He has since PCS'd to Germany. You do make a valid point however that i never thought about "Anyone there who recognizes you has as much to lose as you do for talking." One question i do have is, Is it ok if i attend AA instead of NA? i have a friend that goes to AA and he knows i used to be hooked on "icky candy" but doesnt know how recent. Do you think it would be okay to tag along with him?
    I have the blue NA book and have been reading it when i have had down time but not really practicing the steps per say.

The nearest NA meeting is over 45 minutes away. the nearest CR is in Lake charles i think. Houston would have them both im sure but that is three hours away.
    Your advice is always appreciated and i am always eager for your responses
    - B

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_soldier View Post
    Marian,
    I had a sponsor prior to my last surgery but after the surgery... well we know what happened. He has since PCS'd to Germany. You do make a valid point however that i never thought about "Anyone there who recognizes you has as much to lose as you do for talking." One question i do have is, Is it ok if i attend AA instead of NA? i have a friend that goes to AA and he knows i used to be hooked on "icky candy" but doesnt know how recent. Do you think it would be okay to tag along with him?
    I have the blue NA book and have been reading it when i have had down time but not really practicing the steps per say.

The nearest NA meeting is over 45 minutes away. the nearest CR is in Lake charles i think. Houston would have them both im sure but that is three hours away.
    Your advice is always appreciated and i am always eager for your responses
    - B
    Hey Soldier,
    Nowadays AA is much more open to all addicts than in the old days.
    Like I said, my brother's chose AA and have over 20 years each in recovery as addicts.
    I chose NA for the same reason you would chose AA, I knew someone there.
    So sure!
    AA is great! Go for it!
    Marian