coumadin and alchol
    bigtrig42 is offline New Member

Default coumadin and alchol

My wife recently has had to start a daily regiment of coumadin. We normally have wine with dinner but I have noticed that even a small amount of wine has started having a noticably effect on her. I am concerned. Any advice please?

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigtrig42 View Post
    My wife recently has had to start a daily regiment of coumadin. We normally have wine with dinner but I have noticed that even a small amount of wine has started having a noticably effect on her. I am concerned. Any advice please?
    Blood thinners like coumadin,and alcohol mixed "1 drink or so"is no big deal unless she is drinking a lot.Then it would be hard on the liver.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by bigtrig42 View Post

Go to the search box at the top of this page and type in coumadin. Then click on the drug search button by the search box. Several links will come up for coumadin. Check either the "med facts" or "concise" links. You both should read the information on this medication as coumadin is serious.

It's recommended that you don't mix coumadin with alcohol. One drink isn't a big deal unless you're having side effects. If I was having side effects I would not drink. I personally take a blood thinner (Plavix) from having two blood clots and I don't drink anything. It's been a few years ago but it isn't worth it to me. And Plavix isn't as serious a medication as is coumadin. Hope this helps. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Go to the search box at the top of this page and type in coumadin. Then click on the drug search button by the search box. Several links will come up for coumadin. Check either the "med facts" or "concise" links. You both should read the information on this medication as coumadin is serious.

It's recommended that you don't mix coumadin with alcohol. One drink isn't a big deal unless you're having side effects. If I was having side effects I would not drink. I personally take a blood thinner (Plavix) from having two blood clots and I don't drink anything. It's been a few years ago but it isn't worth it to me. And Plavix isn't as serious a medication as is coumadin. Hope this helps. God bless.
    Robert,This is getting weird man...lol

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by musicman48 View Post
    Robert,This is getting weird man...lol

Almost looks like we sit at computers next to each other typing the same information to the same posts at the same time. As I have said, great minds think alike. lol
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.