Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By skunx88
  • 1 Post By skunx88
  • 1 Post By zippysgoddess
cost of suboxone
    lizery is offline Member

Default cost of suboxone

I am just curious just how much suboxone costs! I have my friend who goes to the methadone clinic and I know he is slowly going down on his dose. I am just wondering if it offered through the clinic? I saw the one DR on our local list was listed as "infirmary". Ah, now that I think about it, I bet that is at the jail. I wonder about that. Do they give you methadone in jail and prison??

Liz

just hold on

sweetchikk05 is offline Banned

I dont know all the answers to your questions but my mom told me once, because she has been to prison and jail, she told me you are not allowed any narcotics whatsoever no matter what, when she went to jail, she had just had a knee replacement and she was in a lot of pain, she brought her prescription in with her and they told her she could not have them while she was in jail, she had to make up excuses when she was in there to go to the hospital so she could get something for the pain, so no I dont think you can have anything in jail or prison...why do you ask? You arent going there are you?
    Liz Ann

lizery is offline Member

Oh HELL no ::knock on wood:: LOL. I was just wandering with my thoughts as usual. I just couldn't figure out why this DR would have his address as infirmary but then it dawned on me that it might be the county jail. I mean seriously, how could they let >>>>>> addicts detox in jail. They must have something for them??

Liz

just hold on

Yeh, thats what I thought too, Like how could they let people suffer like that just because they broke the law, but seriously they let my mom suffer after a knee replacement, eventually the judge let her out at her next hearing on bond, considering her condition but yeh I dont think they really care, the guards prolly laugh I bet they think its comical , I am sure there have been >>>>>> addicts in there before and I am sure they had to bite the bullet, I am sure the system looks at it as a good thing, I mean I am sure they have the jails dr monitor you to make sure you arent dying or anything but from what I know they dont let you have anything in there except for example heart medication, I mean I am only telling you what I know, I have been wrong before but you know how that goes.....ttyl
    Liz ANn

skunx88 is offline Member

I got narcotics in jail, it may depend on the state and county, but if you are an addict, they can't just not let you have them, if you were to go in to withdrawal and die that would be a serious lawsuit. Addicts need drugs just like diabetics need insulin.
    Scott.
    jafranci likes this.

The cost of Suboxone is around a $100.00 weekly here, can you believe I thought that was too high? I spent that daily before...anyway I just thought I would let you know the price.
    Scott.
    jafranci likes this.

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

If you go to jail, they do not have to honor any "outside" doctor's prescriptions. It must be agreed upon and signed off by a prison doctor and if he doesn't think there is a valid reason for it, you can forget it.

I also frequent a free legal advice forum and the issue about the denial of prescriptions has come up many times.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~
    jafranci likes this.

Well,I don't know the difference in law from state to state, but that doesn't apply here. If you have a script brought in from your family, with dosage instructions they will bring them around when it is time for your meds. If it is something that can effect your health and well being they have to, think about it. Thats just a lawsuit waiting to happen, I know, I have been there and the prison guards medicated me everytime it was due. If I died in prison because the lack of medication, they would be sued, its just common practice to cover their butts. I am sorry I don't agree with that at all. Evidentally these people at the free legal advice forum, haven't spent much time in jail, or were actually asking for drugs that wasn't life or death.

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

Yes, you are correct, they do have to provide life sustaining meds, but the prison doc still has to look at your record, regardless of what state you are in, to verify that they are really needed. Then he signs off on it, notifies everyone and you get your meds. There is still a verification process, to prevent drug abuse.

However, pain meds and the like, are not considered life sustaining or absolutely necessary, you may be miserable, but you can live without them, so there is no requirement that those have to be made available. The prison doc must approve them and if he doesn't think they are really needed then you are SOL.

If the prison doc doesn't think you will need something for withdrawals, they don't have to provide anything for that either. Remember when you are sentenced for a criminal act, you no longer have the same rights as a normal citizen. You might think it is a lawsuit waiting to happen, but there are actually very few things that occur in prison that you can sue for, unless you were convicted unjustly.

And remember all this will be different depending on what you were imprisoned for, it is harsher for those with felony convictions or who are repeat offenders than for those who serve a few days for a DUI or traffic offense. Those who are convicted on minor offenses are in a much more lenient environment than those with major convictions.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

Look, I am not trying to argue here, but I am not talking about a person who just has been prescribed a bottle of lortab, that appears to be in no pain, and is just trying to get a little codone buzz while they are imprisoned. I'm talking about a full blown addict. And that was what the question was in the first place,"Do you get Methadone while in prison?" Methadone users carry cards on us that clearly state we will go into withdrawal and possibly die if not medicated. Methadone is a drug that is used for addicts. Sure you give up rights if convicted and sentenced to a prison term, thats pretty obvious, but I know for a fact you don't give your right up to be healthy, at least not here in the states. Thats the point I am making, why would they take away an addicts meds just to turn around and rush you to the hospital in 4 days? They DO have a responsibility for our health while we are in prison, true they do not care anything about you, but its in their best interest to keep you from dying wouldn't you agree?

Well Scott, I am sure in your situation they would give them to you but I was just telling her what happened to my mom, she had just had surgery and they refused all meds to her, and its not like she was pretending she was in pain she seriously was, everyones situation is different but I can tell you that they frown on giving people narcotics in jail or prison, you would have to be highly addicted and facing death otherwise you wouldnt get a darn thing...

presty is offline New Member

Actually, that information is wrong. In colorado it varies by jail. I went to a jail in Breckenridge, CO and it was a substance free jail, meaning no methadone. I also used to go to a methadone clinic in downtown denver and there was a petition available for signing in the clinic, asking a local denver jail to reverse its dosing policy for methadone users, meaning if you go to jail, youre ****ed and you dont get dosed. Its basically a "sucks to be you" attitude if you get arrrested and you take methadone.

quote:Originally posted by skunx88

Look, I am not trying to argue here, but I am not talking about a person who just has been prescribed a bottle of lortab, that appears to be in no pain, and is just trying to get a little codone buzz while they are imprisoned. I'm talking about a full blown addict. And that was what the question was in the first place,"Do you get Methadone while in prison?" Methadone users carry cards on us that clearly state we will go into withdrawal and possibly die if not medicated. Methadone is a drug that is used for addicts. Sure you give up rights if convicted and sentenced to a prison term, thats pretty obvious, but I know for a fact you don't give your right up to be healthy, at least not here in the states. Thats the point I am making, why would they take away an addicts meds just to turn around and rush you to the hospital in 4 days? They DO have a responsibility for our health while we are in prison, true they do not care anything about you, but its in their best interest to keep you from dying wouldn't you agree?

Tiff28428 is offline Junior Member

I dont know about having narcotics in jail but I take sub and it costs me 341.00 a month and that is for 3 pills a day wich I think is a high dose so it would be cheaper if u only took 1 or 2 a day

2packrats4ever is offline New Member

Default Cost of Suboxone

Over here on the East Coast, a 8 mg. tablet cost $7 each.

Kauf is offline Member

JAIL IN ma YOU DETOX IN A PADDED CELL OPPS ON CAPS, they give you claydadean not sure the spelling, but if you are hooks on H or on a sub script they cut it right off and detox you in the bubble.....
    Goodbye and go with God (Thank you Marian)

Kauf is offline Member

I know this my daughter just went through it.
    Goodbye and go with God (Thank you Marian)

Quote Originally Posted by Kauf View Post
    I know this my daughter just went through it.

I'm in Ohio and they don't do jack $hit when your detoxing. A friend of mine got put in jail and was on >>>>>> (a LOT of >>>>>>, to this day I don't know how he didn't OD). Anyway - They threw him in, what is called a "drunk tank" here. (It's a teeny tiny cell with a concrete slab that is your "bed") and left him in there to withdrawal. He was withdrawaling so bad he started convulsing and they had to take him to the hospital. The hospital got him stable, sent him back to jail, and he finished withdrawaling. Took a little over a week. The guards at the jail couldn't care less. They laughed at him and told him he deserved every bit of it and that's what happens when you stick needles in your arms and blah blah blah. My cousin was in prison, here in Ohio, and they didn't give him anything either. Just let him withdrawal. He was just on pills, so his wasn't as bad as they other guy I knew, still bad, just not as bad.

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

Every state has different rules. In NY, you do get methadone when you're in jail, Rikers Island to be exact. Low doses I'm sure. You get nothing in prison though.