Conversion equivalents for suboxone & Hydrocodone
    BakedBeans is offline New Member

Default Conversion equivalents for suboxone & Hydrocodone

I have never abused Hydrocodone, but I have been taking a prescribed amount of about 30mgs of hydrocodone for about 4 years for a chronic back problem. 5 weeks ago I decided I wanted to get away from the pain killers all together. I went to my doctor and he agreed to provide me with suboxone. I was able to quickly wean down to about .25 mgs of suboxone in the evening. However, If I attempt to do away with it I go through terrible RLS as soon as midnight rolls around, with or without sleeping aids. It is very difficult to measure much less than .25 mgs. Does anyone know what the equivalent amount of hydrocodone be. I thought I might try just taking about 5mgs of Hydro at night and then start cutting it in half after 4 or 5 days until I can completely get off it. I would of course not take any suboxone going forward. Given the half life of suboxone, I am finding it difficult to make the final leep without a lot of discomfort for God only knows how long. I feel great otherwise. Does anyone know if this will work and most importantly the equivalent amount. Is there any kind of chart?? Thanks. Good luck to all of you. Baked Beans.
    Last edited by BakedBeans; 05-14-2009 at 01:57 PM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

I can't believe a dr would give you suboxone after being on 30mg of hydrocodone. Talk about an overkill!!! That is insane. Go to the following link for the Thomas Recipe. You need to just stop this and be done with it. The Thomas Recipe will help with your symptoms. In a week or so you'll start feeling better. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BakedBeans View Post
    I have never abused Hydrocodone, but I have been taking a prescribed amount of about 30mgs of hydrocodone for about 4 years for a chronic back problem. 5 weeks ago I decided I wanted to get away from the pain killers all together. I went to my doctor and he agreed to provide me with suboxone. I was able to quickly wean down to about .25 mgs of suboxone in the evening. However, If I attempt to do away with it I go through terrible RLS as soon as midnight rolls around, with or without sleeping aids. It is very difficult to measure much less than .25 mgs. Does anyone know what the equivalent amount of hydrocodone be. I thought I might try just taking about 5mgs of Hydro at night and then start cutting it in half after 4 or 5 days until I can completely get off it. I would of course not take any suboxone going forward. Given the half life of suboxone, I am finding it difficult to make the final leep without a lot of discomfort for God only knows how long. I feel great otherwise. Does anyone know if this will work and most importantly the equivalent amount. Is there any kind of chart?? Thanks. Good luck to all of you. Baked Beans.
    I totally agree with Robert.Stop everything now and use the Thomas Recipe.Suboxone will make matters worse not better.You will be fine in a week or so.That Dr is an idiot.No offense to you.It is not your fault that you were duped.