coming off suboxone
    perky25 is offline New Member

Default coming off suboxone

I haven't posted here in a while but I could use some insight. I was on perks for about 2 years and then moved to the OC 80's for the last 6 months or so. I kept in under control as best as I could. I'd eat 1 80 a day when most people I know were eating 3-5. Anyway, I tried soooo many times to quit on my own but I just can't deal with weeks and weeks worth of withdrawal. I'd always give in and get more. I asked my DR for suboxone and he would give it to me without going to rehab, so I bought it on the street. I was on it for a few weeks. I tapered down to about 1/8 (1 mg) a day. I ran out of it on thursday and still felt fine on Saturday. I was so happy that I wasnt't having withdrawal symptoms. Then Sunday came. All the symptoms were back. Sick, sweaty, legs feel like their going to explode, no energy.....on and on.

Anyone have any ideas about how long this will go on? I hate it. I just drank NyQuil and should be sleeping soon. I'm gonna keep doing that until I finally wake up feeling better. I know it's not the right thing to do......no need to tell me. I also no that coke in not the best drug in the world but it gives me a little burst of energy during these times.

Any advice????

Thanks

sydbean is offline Member

Suboxone withdrawal can be a long process even after doing a good taper...it is really sucky....unfortunately you traded one of the easier w/d (oxy-a week at best of full w/d symptoms) for the very worst of the drug w/D (sub=60-90 days) I know that is a totally sucky answer but I wanted to be honest with you. I think if you look around the site you will find some others that can relate or you can go to www. opiate-detox forum. Put that in your search engine and it will get you there. they have a ton of threads with hints and tricks and others going through what you are. It is criminal that any doc. would even put someone that was only using oxy or norco or whatever onto this stuff. I know your doc did not and believe me you are going to understand his decision....some people on the other forum have actually gone back to their d.o.c. and then tapered with that to get away from the sub. w/d

syd,

Thanks for the advice but I'm going to have to fully disagree with you. I have tons of friends that have used Suboxone to quit Oxycontin. The symptoms that I feel now, while terrible, are nothing compared to a few days of not having Oxycontin. Are you thinking that I was talking about oxycodone??

dlong66 is offline New Member

i just ran out of suboxone last week. i am having some w/d. nothing like the hydrocodones or oxycodones, or the oxycontins. but i don't know if it's going to get worse. so far i have that feeling in my lower stomach like the diareah might be coming. also something else that has really been prominent. i have been breaking out in cold sweats every hour or so. so i will keep you posted.

Dlong,

How much were you on? W/D is coming, I promise. It's tough but not as tough as the big O's. Suboxone is a great drug, in my opinion. It's a tough on to abuse, which makes it work well. I just wish I knew how long the W/D woill last with it. Syd is right about the site he mentioned. Check it out....good stuff there.

2-3 8mg tabs daily. im screwed. thinking about calling my doc to see if he will call some more in. it costs me 60 bucks for an office visit which is how i always did it. but if i call and say im in w/d. maybe. i dont know.

hey, what is that exact address??? for the opiate detox. i put it in like it is written...thanks

Dlong,

http://www.opiatedetoxrecovery.com/default.asp

Call your Dr. Why are you taking so much? Herion?

no. just lortabs, percocets, and oxycontins. thats just what he started me on. i take 1-2 now. and by the way, i did call just after i wrote my last post. the girl who works in the office is pretty cool. she called it right in for me. anyway, that's definately what the problem was because now i feel 100% better. now instead of being depressed and feeling like ****....i'm just depressed.

How long is this going to last?? I really need someone to tell me. This is day 5 with no suboxone. I'm sooooooooo tired and I can't sleep for more than an hour. I hate this. I wasn't even taking much. I took 4 mg the first day. Then 2 mg for about a week and then 1 mg for about a week. Thats not much at all. This shouldnt be this bad. Pls share some insight with me. I can't deal with this much longer.

where are you perky? i'll send you some subox. hang in there.

Dlong,

Thanks man but I'm trying to get off the sub. I actually feel better today. Not great...but better. I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in a few years. That helped me feel a lot better. I had to drag my ass there but it worked. I also went to the gun range. That got the old adrenaline going which also seemed to help a little. Check out this forum:

http://www.opiatedetoxrecovery.com/t...?TOPIC_>>=7994

perky,

that was a pretty cool link. i was pretty heavy in to mixed martial arts for about 10 years myself. but, i really dropped off over the past several years. well, please keep me posted.

darrin

Just thought I'd check in. Been off the sub for about 3 weeks. I feel much much better. Still craving the pills but I guess thats normal.

ChrisJP is offline New Member

hey guys i was really interested in your post to this question...i have been on suboxone for 2 or 3 months...i take a half a day so 4mgs....and my insurance ran out and i will eventually run out of them....do you have any advice...im starting to get the impression that its gonna feel just as bad if not worse then the >>>>>> withdrawl i was going through...

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJP View Post
    hey guys i was really interested in your post to this question...i have been on suboxone for 2 or 3 months...i take a half a day so 4mgs....and my insurance ran out and i will eventually run out of them....do you have any advice...im starting to get the impression that its gonna feel just as bad if not worse then the >>>>>> withdrawl i was going through...

I can help you taper off the subs if you want the help. You need to reduce by 25% of your existing dose about every four days. If you stop abruptly you'll have all kinds of problems.

Read around the forum. Do this every day. Let me know if I can help. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

bixnij6 is offline New Member

Unhappy W/D With Suboxone

I just got on Sub today. Started with 2 8mg tabs under my tounge.

I came off 300mg of oxycodone a day.

I wonder if I will sleep tonight???

I am so happy to have come off the drugs, but very scared that I will use again and let myself down. My little boy deserves better than this, I am so ashamed of myself.

Will Sub really help me? I have no craving I think, but am nervous and a little jummpy still. Is 2 8mg tabs enough a day? I really dont want to get high, I just want to forget that I ever srewed up my life this bad.

Any help is great!! Thanks for your time.

Topsy39 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by bixnij6 View Post

I am so happy to have come off the drugs, but very scared that I will use again and let myself down. My little boy deserves better than this, I am so ashamed of myself.

Will Sub really help me? I have no craving I think, but am nervous and a little jummpy still. Is 2 8mg tabs enough a day? I really dont want to get high, I just want to forget that I ever srewed up my life this bad.

Hy and well done you!!! Please keep reading the threads and look out for robert, melinda, cheeky, newyorkgal, and im sorry if ive not anybody guys, i dont know much but know ur prob on too much suboxone but ill leave that explanantion to the guys i just mentioned. Please dont be scared and believe me if you want to get better for your son then you are so at the right place. The guys on here are angels, dont beat yourself up ok just trust me that by the time the guys have been in touch with you you will be feeling soooo much better, theyre supportive, and honest and never ever let you down. Love, Topsy xxxxxxxxxxxx

If It aint broke....don't fix it

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by bixnij6 View Post

You're jumpy because you're on the standard 16mg dose all the sub drs hand out which is entirely too much. Wish they would learn what they are doing. Check out the following link. I've worked with people on subs for years. If you want my direction let me know. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

Robert is so correct. Most of us got started at 16 or more and it's entirely too much. I was jittery and couldn't sleep at all. With sub, less is truly more. Most people do not need to start at 16 though it seems to be the standard with doctors. Unfortunately, doctor's are very ill informed about sub. They take a short 8 hour online course, then the good money starts coming their way. It doesn't matter how big your habit was. 16 is gonna cause you grief. Sub does not work like other opiates. My habit was huge (methadone for many many years) and I really didn't need more than 4 mgs. Some need more than that, some less but 16 mgs. is too much. Read the thread on getting off. It will help you.

cherdox57 is offline Senior Member

Default bixnij6

Start a thread of your own so Robert can guide you and we can all support you.
    I also started with 16mg thru my doc and found this site. Have been using Robert's taper plan instead of my doc. Once I was down to 4mg felt much better and even better as I decreased. now down to 1mg and doing well.
    I agree with all that everyone has told you. But start your own Thread and it will make it easier for Robert and all of us to see you.
    {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
    Cherdox

Restless mom is offline New Member

Default Sub taper and subutex

Coming off of oxycodone Bout 7-10 per day. Started subs 5 days ago. 2mg day one, 1.5 mg day 2, 1 mg day 3, .5mg day four, and so far today .5 mg. if I stay at .5 mg for 4 days, should I start skipping a day in between? I want off these as quick as possible. As I am getting ready to start my husband in subutex plus we have two kids. Trying to get our life straight before we loose everything

JedMI is offline Member

Welcome to the forum. You are posting on a very old thread and should start a new one for more individual help. I am not a doctor and I have never used subs. I can say to please read through the Subs forum.

With that said, and from what I read, your taper is really really quick. Most people stabilize at the lowest dose possible and then taper 1/4 every few days. They also do not induct until they reach a certain level on the COWS Scale. Remember Subs are stronger then oxy so please be careful.