Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By SammanthaAnne2012
  • 1 Post By deleted116
  • 1 Post By deleted116
Comeback kid, classiquemom, cheekysod, dago77, moon6748, Detroit_boi THANK YOU!!!!!
    SammanthaAnne2012 is offline Junior Member

Default Comeback kid, classiquemom, cheekysod, dago77, moon6748, Detroit_boi THANK YOU!!!!!

Hey guys! Not sure if you remember me, but I posted a few months ago and got feed back from all of you. Please look at my old post if you don't remember.
    I hadn't logged on here in a while, because I chose a different route of support offline, but I wanted to thank you all for being so supportive and making me feel so cared about even though we have never even met. Thank you for the advice, thanks for the kind words, and thank you for the stories that I could relate to.
    Since I have kicked pills, God has blessed me in so many ways. My cup is flourishing over. I have a full time job using my degree, I am playing indoor soccer again, I stagger ibuprofen and Tylenol now to control my spine aches, and I have no desire to ever turn back. I am happy that there's always money in my wallet, gas in my Jeep, and good in my fridge. God sent me many great blessings and you guys were one of them. Thanks for everything, and I pray that you can continue to help each other and other people along this journey! <3 you are all so beautiful to me.
    Comeback Kid, surfdog and luvy298 like this.

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

hi sam!
    yes! of course! i remember you!
    thank {{Y*O*U}} for coming back to update!
    and and AWESOME!! update it is!!!

I KNOW the LORD will hold you close..
    but I pray, YOU! will hold on just AS tight!

you NEVER! have to go down that road again..

now, all of that may sound 'cliche' .. but, i promise you, it is not!
    it is TRUTH! ..

if/when you are tempted to turn your back on it all.. (your clean life)
    STOP!! and take a minute to remember your deliverance,
    and allll the people who have witnessed to you what a life of pills and
    substance abuse will do to destroy the new life you've been given ..

you have had way more than two or three witnesses
    so, you know it's true how quickly, just one moment in time,
    your life COULD go down the drain..

In those moments of temptation, stop! and heed! the advice you were given here..

in other words, sam.. NEVER!! go back.. don't EVEN lQQk back, except to
    remember from wence you came!

you're young, but you've been given a great gift! HOLD TIGHT TO IT!!
    IF you don't.. it will be harder and harder to 'get hold of it' next time

I am sooooo sooooo happy!!! for you!!! ..
    thank you again! for coming back to let us know of your victory over those chains!!!

sure did my heart good this mornin'!
    allllll my best! and prayers!, too!

Classique MoM
    P - R - A - Y - E - R
    When life gets too hard to stand...KNEEL !

Comeback Kid is offline Senior Member

YOU did it all yourself, we were just here on the sidelines cheering you on! Be proud, be VERY proud. Well done Sam! So glad to hear you are doing well. Keep it up.
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?” -Father Martin on Step 1
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm)

deleted116 is offline Member

Samantha, I definitely remember you and I am overjoyed to hear how well you are doing!!! Keep up the great work!!!!
    Comeback Kid likes this.

Comeback Kid is offline Senior Member

You still doing well Moon?
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?” -Father Martin on Step 1
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm)

deleted116 is offline Member

Hi Comeback! Just posted on your thread! I am doing well, thank you. I will post a little update on my thread
    Comeback Kid likes this.

SammanthaAnne2012 is offline Junior Member

Thanks guys! Obviously, we all (mostly) started taking the pain medications for legitimate reasons, and once I started becoming dependent it has been so depressing looking back on me having to always have some on me for all situations. I remember certain times where I would turn down a dinner and movie night with my boyfriend because it wouldn't have been enjoyable without a vicodin or two. My grandparents pay for my chiropractic visits for my spine 3 adjustments a week as long as my GPA is above a 3.0, and Tylenol has really been a life saver for me.. Especially with spine pain. My doctor suggested taking Robaxin at night, but I passed. I don't want anything prescription whatsoever. I'm in a good place. My neighbor called me last night asking if I could come over and help her doing some basic house chores because she had surgery. She has a cyst removed and apparently that calls for 60 Vicodin and 100 percocet. Even being around them, I can feel my stomach being tore apart. Thanks again for letting my share!

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by SammanthaAnne2012 View Post
    Thanks guys! Obviously, we all (mostly) started taking the pain medications for legitimate reasons, and once I started becoming dependent it has been so depressing looking back on me having to always have some on me for all situations. I remember certain times where I would turn down a dinner and movie night with my boyfriend because it wouldn't have been enjoyable without a vicodin or two. My grandparents pay for my chiropractic visits for my spine 3 adjustments a week as long as my GPA is above a 3.0, and Tylenol has really been a life saver for me.. Especially with spine pain. My doctor suggested taking Robaxin at night, but I passed. I don't want anything prescription whatsoever. I'm in a good place. My neighbor called me last night asking if I could come over and help her doing some basic house chores because she had surgery. She has a cyst removed and apparently that calls for 60 Vicodin and 100 percocet. Even being around them, I can feel my stomach being tore apart. Thanks again for letting my share!
    Hi Sammantha,

Very nice to hear of your success! Glad you came back and gave an update the other day. I'm Karen and it's nice to meet you. Sorry to hear about your pain issues. That must be a real tough thing to handle. And congratulations for staying above that 3.0 GPA! That is awesome!

I'm new here myself as of a month ago, but just wanted to say hello and congratulate you on your clean time. Very impressive. Being in the same room as that many pain meds must have really turned your stomach. I hope I can be that vigilant when I am clean in about 4 more day! Have agreat day girl.

Big Hugs,
    Karen