Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
Cold Turkey Methadone Withdrawal, Timeline
    Katyaiva is offline New Member

Hi darling hope u r new person today full of life and energy.

OneHourataTime is offline New Member

I too am on day 16. Just don't forget how far you have come. We know it's a long ride after reading all this. I would also consider myself an addiction expert after spending the last 10 days doing research (not working of course). I know each day will get better, then each week, then each month. Right now, 1 hour at a time. If you're not sleeping like me, that's a lot of hours in a day.

My current symptoms on Day 16:

1. Mild-Moderate Depression
    2. Severe Anxiety Attacks
    3. No Motivation
    4. Severe Insomnia (30 minute sleep intervals)
    5. Chills (Goosebumps)
    6. Mild Headaches (brain rewiring?)
    7. Crazy Legs (at night)
    8. RLS (entire body at night)
    9. High Highs, Low Lows, Racing Thoughts (not bi-polar though)
    10. Can not think clearly or for long periods of time.
    11. Inability to multi-task
    12. Inability to operate my company
    13. Hot temper and thoughts of severe violence
    14. Feels good to feel sad
    15. Cravings for adrenaline rush
    16. Spontaneous orgasm (weird but true)

rxqueen83 is offline Member

I just want to say I truly admire anyone coming off methadone cold turkey. I did it once from 70MG and it was hellish. Then I tapered from 160mg to 30mg in a month to get on Sub. That was rough too. But yes, it can be done! Good job guys. Methadone is one of the hardest drugs to quit, so please give yourself a HUGE pat on the back!
    Chrissytee likes this.

OneHourataTime is offline New Member

Update for Day 54:

OK. I noticed many people don't post after day 30. I'm guessing they are feeling better (one way or the other). I decided to post an update on my condition just in case it helps someone out there. Almost the 2 month mark, cold turkey methadone (70mg for 5 mo). Current/changed symptoms:

1. Almost all physical symptoms gone (excessive sneezing and occaisional chicken skin until day 45).
    2. Mild depression still persists with flashes of natural good feelings (the way normal people feel). This is offering great hope.
    3. Extreme lack of motivation. When I push myself, I get mild headaches and brain "shuts down" or fills with lead as I put it. Usually after 4 - 5 hours of work. I have put in several 8 - 10 hour days but quite the struggle. Used to love to work 10 - 12 hour days. Hate every minute now.
    4. Finding it difficult to maintain my normal positive attitude.
    5. Overall, I feel 100 times better than day 16! I would say about 80% - 85% recovered??
    6. I am able to sleep 8 hours a night no problem but wake up without alarm at 7am everyday no matter what.
    7. Mood swings and sex drive have all but stabalized.

I hope this brings some hope. Overall, I feel much better. If you don't use your brain to work, I think it will be much easier. If you exercise everyday, it will help (I can't find the motivation). If you eat right and drink lots of water, it will help (I just don't care). I am still lacking cognitive function. Poor planning, can't multi-task, etc.

Even though my entire life fell apart (my current reality), my only priority remains the same--stay clean. Everything else will come back one day.

Current treatments:

Therapist 1x every 6 - 8 days
    Refuse to go to NA and AA after meeting the VICTIMS who attend. They are either brain dead or brain washed or both. God bless ' em ; )
    crazyclearwater and volvoguy like this.

pgcc is offline Member

I feel you. I went 6 days in jail ct off methadone and it was the worst 6 days of my life. Making 54 is an accomplishment. Methadone withdrawal is the worst but I do know people who have done it, usually because they were sent to prison though. You doing it on the street is hard I know. Suboxone could make it way easier but with no health insurance it isn't really doable. Hang tough man. Once you do this and its over you are free, free from methadone hell. Just realize it may take awhile its not like >>>>>> where in 10 days or so youre back to normal. From what I've been told it sometimes takes months to get totally back to your self. Hang in there you got this.
    Last edited by pgcc; 07-27-2012 at 12:21 PM.

pgcc is offline Member

BTW anyone who is thinking of ct off methadone do yourself a favor and get some clonodine it can really be a lifesaver during detox.

Sanchez0530 is offline Junior Member

Thank you for all your words of encouragement. I fell into the methadone trap, never even used >>>>>> before. Not too long after I was exposed by a "friend" I was at a clinic 130mg daily. That's way too high, I'm a 105lb girl. This "friend" who started this all actually turned out to be an ex con with a rap sheet that you couldn't imagine. I realized he was stealing from me so I confronted him and landed in the er that night with a broken nose and orbital from him punching me in the face. Thank god he's currently locked up but I don't want this life anymore. I don't want to be a slave to methadone. Since I have no experience and really nobody to turn to since he was the only one who knew I was even taking this stuff I would really appreciate anyone letting me know what i'm in store for with this cold turkey withdrawal. I'm in severe pain with the injuries and emotionally cannot even believe this occurred. Thank you for any knoowledge you may have on how I can get thru this.

Anonymous Guest

Sanchez.......
    what amt are you on now?
    can you get subs?
    are you going to start your own thread?

Sanchez0530 is offline Junior Member

yeah im was told to start my own thread so working on it now. Should be up in 5 minutes

evansmama27 is offline New Member

I wonder why you are still feeling so bad? you said its been six weeks and you are as bad as day one? thats strange i go to the clinic luckily i am medi cal thats what we get out in cali when u are low income and have a child i dont pay so i understand why it just got old for you but maybe you should see a doctor because i dont think i have ever heard it take that long to kick it i mean if you were feeling better it would be different but you r still sick like bad..... props for going cold turkey and staying clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopesick420 View Post
    Hey,

Thanks for the concern.

Idk. Im still struggling pretty bad. My physical symptoms came back over the last week, like it was the first week. Maybe PAWS or something. Been 6 weeks yesterday, still really bad diarrhea, insomnia, irratibility. So, im really bout had it to be honest. I dont know what to do. Im in pain all day, and have to work on my feet 6/7 days of the week. Its really tough. Probably not what you expected to hear. But idk. iv got no energy to even type this, as i had none when i went in to work at 5 today, and its now 4am. add zero energy to the work day, and i can barely type.

but ya, thanks again. ttyl.

dopesick

omg this is horrible, i hate this ,it scares me soooooo much, now im tapering tommorow im scared as ????, im not strong like superman or dopsic, dude this really sucks,,6 weks later n u fel like ????,,damit,idk wat to do.
    if i end up in jail im f---ed,i hav a full list ot the meds u all hav used to help w/d, god i hope it helps me.i wana stay at 100,i wana goup accually, but reading this ,hell no, ill deal with the bs that im not holding for 24 hours,i was good at 50 9 months ago, but u no every 1 goes all the way up,, here atleast,i went to 120 n was dizzy,very weird,i was using xanys alot then,,now its rare, i need my take homes,this is bad,i really hope we all can make it,im 39 man ,i work at a desk,i dont no where i coulddo a month detox,>> lose all the litle stuff i hav,,man life is a fun game,,u think its cool then read this sh-t n it blows u away,,dammmmit,im at 100 mg aday over 300 days 330 days now ,im in trouble,im going to 90 tommorow n i need to do the sub route,its at my klinik 2$ day more, wonder if that will work, go in everymorn like now,but do subs for a month then stop? yikes
    Last edited by crazyclearwater; 10-10-2012 at 04:33 PM.

dam straight
    Quote Originally Posted by pgcc View Post
    BTW anyone who is thinking of ct off methadone do yourself a favor and get some clonodine it can really be a lifesaver during detox.

kayleigh703703 is offline Junior Member

Hey,

Thanks for the concern.

Idk. Im still struggling pretty bad. My physical symptoms came back over the last week, like it was the first week. Maybe PAWS or something. Been 6 weeks yesterday, still really bad diarrhea, insomnia, irratibility. So, im really bout had it to be honest. I dont know what to do. Im in pain all day, and have to work on my feet 6/7 days of the week. Its really tough. Probably not what you expected to hear. But idk. iv got no energy to even type this, as i had none when i went in to work at 5 today, and its now 4am. add zero energy to the work day, and i can barely type.

but ya, thanks again. ttyl.

dopesick
    Ds,
    I'am new to this board, but have bin where you are. I stopped methadone at 180mg a day, cold. It took a yr for me to even feel normal. took mths to be able to eat, and sleep. My dr gave me trazodone and it did help. I'm sorry you are still suffering I know how bad it can be, but you have to remember you are thru the worst of it and it only gets better from here. Every day it will get slightly better. I'm sure it will not take you as long as it did me, but methadone is the worst to come off cold, and the clinics do anything to keep you for the money. The hole thing is really messed up. There should be more help out there.
    Kayleigh

wrongway420 is offline New Member

Default wantt to cold turkey done...

Greetings,

First post, been lurking around trying to soak up some advice, as im going through hell. Not many things that Iv seen been suggested have helped with the symptoms of opiate withdrawal, but i thought if I shared my story, I might assist someone else in the same boat with some things im doing. I also have a few questions of my own.

My story: 22 year old from the Northwest, been an all around drug user since age 11, fell in love with downers (pot,liqour,pills,etc..) but had a special liking for opiates. Of course, started with properly swallowing a few vicodins before school, to morphine, to oxycontin and eventually anything that would melt down to shoot. This led to a >>>>>> addiction, out of control crime sprees and prison time. Been on the methadone program for the past 3 years.

Financial issues and general disgusts at the money-hungry, selfish operation of the clinics up here has forced me to cut myself off, cold turkey. I knew methadone held a larger half life than most pills and >>>>>>, but didnt take into consideration when quitting. I knew the first few days were borderline suicidal for me, and it helped to hear other peoples timelines of there symptoms.

Male, 6ft 200 pounds. Started at minimum dose at clinic initiation. (30mg).
    Stabalized at 75, went no higher.

1. Sunday, July 9th i took my last dose of methadone
    2. Days 1 and 2 were pretty mild, as I had accumulated a large amount of the done in my system.
    3. Come day 3 i started to get really uncomfortable. Horrible pains throughout my body, sneezing, fatigue, and the most painful and frustrating part: MY LEGS.
    ((( Meds taken, advil (useless), flexeril (useless, caused me restless nighmares awaking every 5 minutes), and some OTC RLS pills which also did nothing.
    4. Day 4, i was in the deepest darkest crevice of hell, underneath my bed in a fetile position crying and shaking. I should have checked myself into the ER or a detox at this point, but as i said, lack of money and health insurance (and the fact that im a parolee and flagged by the pharmacy dept. as a junkie) discouraged me from seeking professional help.
    5. Starting at day two and continuing into today (day 11), I have worst insomnia iv ever experienced. I went to the vitamin store and stocked up some some calcium, magnesium and potassium. Havent noticed the slighest difference in my body.
    6. I DID however track down some Xanax, but that isnt helping either. If I could temporarily amputate my legs, i would be happy. Nothing worse than tossing and turning because of pain.

What DOES help, (even if its only for a few minutes), is a hot bath. The trick is to sit in it while it fills up extremely hot, that way you arent discouraged to get in when you stick your toe in and burns like ????! letting it warm up while your in it helps. Other than that, ladies and gentleman, im stuck

Im a zombie. Mentally exhausted from the lack of sleep. I do work a physical job, and maintaining it as of late has been very difficult. Iv been up for almost 4 days straight. Cant sleep a wink. I was hoping that somebody might chip in some advice for me, as the sleep insomnia and the pain in my legs is driving me to the edge of insanity. I will name a list of all meds taken to help. Thanks for reading (if you didnt back out after seeing the length of it it.) I would love any advice that would help me through this tough time. And >> also like to say, i knew i would be a total wreck. I WANTED off the ????. If spent over $10,000 going to this clinic and im tired of having the monkey on my back. Its painful, but YOU CAN DO IT. Thanks!

{{{ Meds Taken:

Centrum Advance Multi Vitamin
    Potassium Gluconate
    Magnesium Sulfate
    Calcium Supplement
    A couple 5mg hydrocodone (waste of time)
    1mg xanax (only taken 2 so far, not helping at all)
    Immodium for the runs.

Thanks again
    have been on done for 2 years i am bout to cold turkey because i cant afford the 9.50 a day charge or if im a dollar short they wont dose me... i currently go to the worst clinic possibal i have been BEGGING them to take me down on my dose and they will not help me at all have had 3 councilers that are worthless... all they want is your money im cold turkey quiting this >>>> i cant take it anymore im ready...

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

wrongway... This is an old thread... BUT... Give us some history... How much done are you on.. I would not suggest going cold turkey on this though... Lets start a thread and see if we can guide you.. hang in there.. All my best, Reid

HateMethadone4Life is offline New Member

Default Methadoneprison

I am male, was 200 lbs 6'1, was on 110 Mgs of Methadone for almost 3 1/2 years. My wife , who also was on MMT, was on 140 Mgs. We both started the same day. She quick cold turkey AT 140 MGS. She has been somewhat sick, its been a month since she quit. ME, I tapered down to 50 Mgs a day for a while then couldn't afford it any longer. I AM SICKER THEN HER. And i quit 2 weeks after her. Many of you will think its impossible to CT off MMT. BUT EVERYONES DIFFERENT. Depends on age,weight,over all health, ETC, and STATE OF MIND! Its been 3 weeks for me and just started to not have RLS.But have no energy,its hard to think ,MAJOR HEADACHES, joint pain. kindneys seem to hurt. Been drinking PLENTY OF FLUIDS, TAKING VITAMINS,ETC. We can and will be OK. I KNOW IM MY HEART AND MIND!!!! I sneeze like CRAZY all day. She doe not. So it shows, that its all about the person. She goes to work, while i can barely stand. my prayers and thoughts are with all going through OW,MMTW.

OrionOnTheHorizon is offline New Member

[QUOTE=
    7. Crazy Legs (
    16. Spontaneous orgasm (weird but true)[/QUOTE]

I am on a ten mg a week taper from methadone. I am currently on 15mg & am being booted off on this dose Friday. I've come down from 165mg, which I've been on for 13-14 years. I've kicked >>>>>> and oxycontin in the past. That brings me to my first point from your post: the reason going off opiates or benzos is called "kicking" is due to exactly what you describe with your legs. I don't know the physiological reason that the legs are effected more than the other limbs, but in my experience most people experience this. Obviously you are a male if you are experiencing spontaneous orgasm from withdrawal (if any females have had this please post it) and is nothing to be embarrassed about, the bad thing is when you have diarrhea and orgasms
    when anything touches your penis, YOU DON'T KNOW IF YOU ARE COMING OR GOING! LOL. Most males I know go through this, for me it is accompanied by short erotic dreams of a hypnogogic type then BAM! I wake up and I've pee-wee hermaned all over. I'm also tapering off 8mg of klonapin a day, I'm @ 2.5 now and my doctor lost his dea #, so I'm attempting to kick those also. In my experience everyone goes through withdrawal differently, not only in duration and intensity, but in symptomology. Whatever injuries, disease, or other malady you may suffer will be greatly exaggerated, for me my old back injury hurts like all hell, and I get severe nausea, (due to a seizure disorder I take Depakote which has raised my ammonia levels off the chart) and seizures, along with all the other lovely things that come with the territory which would cause a masochist to cringe. On a good note though, there are a few tips that might help ease the symptoms you experience.

#1. Kratom extract can mitigate many of the symptoms for a lot of people.
    #2. Either corydalis yanhuso extract or the almost pure extract which the active constituent is tetrahydropalmatine (thp)will also ease the symptoms. If you have a local dr. that practices Chinese medicine ask if they "rattle" people with opiate addiction. Rattling is simply tapering you off opiates with thp and other herbal preparations. They can also get certain preparations that require a license such as ''weinicom". If my memory serves correctly this preparation was even more effective than buprenorphine in for reducing symptoms of withdrawal with >>>>>> addicts in a double blind clinical study.
    #3. If you take Xanax and plan to kick it, switch to Klonapin at least a month before you try to taper. Xanax is the most tedious drug to come off of (besides alcohol) that I regularly see. If you do a Xanax taper, go down VERY SLOW, as in maybe like a quarter mg a week. I know that will take a long time, but going down fast or walking off a high dose of Xanax (say 4 or more mg daily) will induce severe abstinence syndrome, many people end up psychotic doing this. Been there. Also, much like alcohol sudden benzo withdrawal causes cardiac arrest in a certain amount of people. You can die from opiate withdrawal(I've personally seen this, contrary to some info on the net IT DOES HAPPEN, usually after severe diarrhea,vomiting, and collapse due to electrolyte imbalance from dehydration), but I know no one who has been through both severe benzo withdrawal and severe opiate withdrawal and would pick the former. Due to clonazepam's long half life, it's much easier to kick.
    #4.Valerian root extract, passionflower, skullcap, kava kava, lotus flower, L-tryptophan, melatonin(minimum 3mg) can all help you relax and POSSIBLY even sleep. The herbs should be extracted or in an extract. You can extract them by simply boiling them in ethanol(everclear), then filtering the liquid through a coffee filter. If you want an extract then evaporate the filtered everclear containing the herbs active constituents in a shallow glass baking pan. Blowing a fan over it will greatly increase the speed of evaporation. When dry, weigh the extract and compare it to the bulk herb you started with and you will have an idea how potent the extract is. For a tincture, due the same thing, but after weighing the extract dissolve in more everclear, and pour it in a dropper bottle. Knowing the volume of the dropper bottle will let you know how much you take.
    #5. This might be the most difficult of all, but is very helpful. Exercise, this will cause your brain to start producing endorphins. Your brain has had not had to produce endogenous " natural opiates "in the amount it would if you were not introducing opiates into it. It takes awhile for your brain to get the message: "I need to produce endorphins again", and then to go through the biosynthesis of making them.

Unfortunately, no matter what you do with the exception of taking an opiate, you're going taste some pain. She's a divine double edged sword, and just like fire will keep you warm, it will also burn you. The whole name
    of the game for opiate addicts should be not letting yourself burn, until someday only ashes will remain.
    volvoguy likes this.

walter richard is offline New Member

hey there I'm sitting at about day 15 16 and ya i feel like I'm in 7th grade also but hell it helps I have been here so many times before and some how i end up repeating >>>> like ground hogs day!!!! i dont mean to be a downer at all just want to be real we cant let our guard down at this point we have to be vigilant in this or we will just be back here again. yours and kens words do help me and hell ya brother we made it (one love ).

exiledmordread is offline New Member

Dopesick420 I'm soooo irritated right now, been reading through this, wanted to see how you turned out man whether it was for better or worse, but you just stopped posting, which makes me worry that things got worse. I honestly tried to find a way to email you so I could ask, you're an inspiration even If you didn't make it. I wanted to tell you that I showed a lot of people this stuff and your posts, and I don't know about worldwide but I can see I know at least 3 people you've never met who have you to thank for their methadone freedom. Please give us an update even if the news isn't good, at least it tells me your alive. Strangely I care more about you being alive than some people I actually know, and your a complete stranger to me yet you feel like a friend in the sense that I'm on that same road you were on. This post is specifically for Dopesick420
    Last edited by exiledmordread; 04-14-2014 at 10:39 AM. Reason: left out content.
    iloerose likes this.

Default please dont give up+

I don't know how long ago this was posted just saw it on google..if you can get your hands on tramadol...and mgs just take a total of 100mgs the first dose its non narc and will stop withdrawl immediately the brand name is ultram...its amazing saved my life several times I paid 3$ a piece for the 50mgs and it was only because someone was being a >>>>> to me because that is a med that you just ddont pay for like that ..but please don't give up

hi I have had the spontaneous orgasm in withdrawl and im a girl..my boyfriend of 7 years and I have been through addiction together we are now on methadone matience my dose is 315mg in the am and 315 mgs at pm..so 630mgs all togeteher can you imagine having to come off of that....my man is only on 230mg aand still going up...I have never evsn considered comingoff of it until reading 420s post...this is really scary to me and it makes me want to taper..but about the spontaneous orgasm..i was on oxycodone very bad the 30mgs were my guardian angel for years ..when I would withdrawl I would sit on the couch or bed and just the slightest shift of my underwear or pants and I would explode and not to be vulgur but it was extremely discomforting for me ...I would complain to my man about it and of course being a man that of course had to turn him on a bit but I know he felt terrible about it..i know tht with the methadone I have been clean for 2 years and have completely turned my life around I have also had a baby on methadone...and she didn't even have to stay in nicu for withdrawl she even tested negative for it...oh yea and the reason I stayed on a split after my pregnancy is because even though I am on 630mgs everyday my blood trough is merely a .34 and that is really low...sso I completely understand the differences in the problems thanks

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

You are clean from your DOC, but you are not clean from opiates. I cannot even imagine someone putting another person on that much methadone for an oxy addiction. It should be scary to you that you are on so much methadone. I am glad you have turned your life around, but you need to think of taking that much methadone long term and what it will eventually do to you. It is disturbing to me that you consider yourself "clean" on that much methadone. Because you have children, I guess, is the reason for this post, harsh as it may seem. But I would like to see you watch your child grow up, go to college, get married and have grand kids. Think about this.

Peace,

Iloerose

most def I respect that ..yea I thought my dose was high but honestly I don't get high off the methadone I see all these people at this clinic nodding out and high and I am not like that I go on about my everyday life like I am sober..because im not high...I have had a really hard time..in the beginning especially .I do consider myself clean because I am not out spending hundreds of dollars on my high..and I don't get high off the methadone...honestly though have you been addicted do you even know wht its like beinging sick like that the disease of addiction..i don't really get that from you...I want to see my kids grow of course..and I will why do you thinik I got myself clean off my doc..lol..realy though..

oscarcody1 is offline Member

I think what Rose is saying is that being "clean" is not gauged by whether you are high or not when you take the drug, but rather whether you have opiates in your system or not. Believe me, I'm not writing this to attack you or judge you or anything like that so I hope you don't take it that way. Just trying to better inform you so you know what you're dealing with.

I think one could make the argument that we didn't really get high anymore after an extended period of using, we just got well. So just because your methadone dose isn't nodding you out or making you "high" doesn't mean your system is free of opiates and all of their negative side effects. Just looking out but I would suggest trying to taper down and eventually get off of it completely. Oxy 30's were my DOC too and I was using a lot of it, 300-600 mgs a day the last few months. Living life without requiring a dose of anything is great. Wish you nothing but the best.

jenstanzzz is offline New Member

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-29-2014 at 03:09 PM.

Figgs is offline New Member

Dopesick420??? Are you still around? I'm wondering what happened. I'm beginning my withdrawal and I want to hear what happened to you. Is this even worth it? I've gone from 75mg a day (2 years) and in a week and a half I'm down to 5mg a day. I'll run out in 3 days. I already feel pretty awful. All the usual symptoms. Why does it seem like no one is ever successful in this???

volvoguy is offline Banned

I was on 120 mg a month ago (for four years) I have 19 days off methadone. I am functioning completely normal, besides the waking up before sunrise every day. I just get up and start my normal morning routine a lot earlier than when I was on the juice. WD is easy when you are fed up, its just like hitting rock bottom can make you get clean. You have to want this more than you have ever wanted anything in your life. If you are trying to detox but dont actually have a desire to live a sober life, you WILL relapse. You need the Thomas recipe, any OTC and Px drugs you can obtain (I used a very minute amount of suboxone for the first twelve days) exercise and diet will help tremendously. While I used this forum for research on my taper and WD's relief, I would caution you on reading others WD's horror stories as everybody is different, me I get RLS, cant sleep a wink, and have constant sneezing fits/runny nose, but thats really it, the rest is all mental. After two weeks almost all the WD symptoms will be gone except for sleep and the DESIRE TO USE! Loperamide Hydrochloride (Immodium AD) has been shown in a study of morphine addicted monkeys, that it removes PHYSICAL WD's. I have used it before on the street to detox from at least a half gram a day habit. If you want it, its yours, but we all have to EARN it.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

It would probably benefit you if you switched to subs and tapered from there, if at all possible. The reason why IMO that people aren't successful getting off of Methadone is that either they jump from too high a dose or they are overwhelmed by the w/d. Methadone has a long half life which means that the w/d time is much longer than from an opioid like oxy. You have to be really ready to do this mentally, because it's a long road. I am not going to cheerlead here. I have no idea what your w/d is really going to be like as you tapered so quickly and your body will not have time to catch up before you are out, so basically you are going c/t from 75mg. the taper may make a bit of difference, but the long half life may catch up to you. This is why I recommended the suboxone taper IF possible. If not hold on tight and want this more than you want anything in the world. I wish you every bit of success and good luck. Stay Strong.
    Here is a list of things you can use as comfort meds:

Immodium, if you need it.
    Gatorade: helps with cramping
    Hyland's Restful Leg or Calme's Forte
    Plenty of water and good fruit juices: STAY AWAY from energy drinks
    Potassium
    B-12
    A good mineral supplement, magnesium
    vitamin supplement
    EXERCISE: this gets your natural endorphines producing again, so important even a little walk around.
    Serene L-theanine/ valarian root either for anxiety.
    melatonin or other OTC sleep aid
    Lethargy: L-tyrosine with B-6

Peace,

Iloerose

volvoguy is offline Banned

Just wanted to add, Day 22 of 'done. L-Tyrosine is not an essential amino acid, which means your body can produce it if you consume any of the 9 essential AA's. I recommend the BCAA's which is actually what your body uses to create energy for exercise, they are Leucine, Valine, and Isolucine. L-tryptophan is also an essential AA.
    Make sure you are taking a broad range of the AA's because some of the remaining AA's are considered conditionally essential meaning certain peoples bodies cannot produce them from the 9 essentials and need an exogenous form of them.

Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity,
    and is the torch which illuminates the world.

Louis Pasteur

boocabella is offline New Member

Default off methadone for two weeks

I'm new. I found this site after going cold turkey off methadone 10mg, 2 pills up to five times daily. I have a severe case of fibromyalgia and was put on pain medication for it as a teen. As I became used to each medication the Dr my mom took me too kept upping my meds. I've been on methadone for at least a decade and I'm 33. I moved and my pain management Dr is 7 hours away. I began tappering and didn't tell my boyfriend until I was in WD. The worst symptoms are the restless leg that's all through my body. I sit in my shower nightly for almost an hour just to try to sleep. I take doxipin for insomnia and have xanax (for PTSD), flexeril, Advil PM and benedryl before bed and still barely sleep. Yesterdsy I had chills and sneezed but my pain was much better. Today has been miserable. I exercise and eat healthy. I'm detoxing my liver (was told it's fatty because of these medications). Last thing I want is another medication in my system so I'm dealing with the pain. My boyfriend is a saint or I would have called 911 by now. The abdominal pain is killing me. And I feel like I'm being stabbed and electricuted all in my arms, legs, back and abdomin. So much that I thought I had a kidney infection. I can keep food down now but it goes right through me. I'm sadly getting used to this but as of now I'm almost on the brink of tears.

I'm hoping to hear the truth and that there is an end. Also have had my period and should have. I keep spotting randomly. My boyfriend thought I could be pregnant but I took tests and a Dr did one and its negative. Anyway, sorry this is long and thank you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast