Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
charlestongirl's new thread
    Robert_325 is offline Retired

Default charlestongirl's new thread

Here is your thread. Just post away and you'll get a lot of support I promise you! Hope this helps.

When you post go down below this box and click on where it says to subscribe to this thread by email notification. Then ddc will send you an email any time someone posts here. That way you'll never miss anything on your thread. You will click on the second "submit reply" button at the bottom. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

charlestongirl is offline Junior Member

Robert,
    Thank you so very much for starting this thread out for me. You are the best.

Let me take this opportunity to tell you that I am scared of the induction. Not of the taper process, just being sick again for the induction period. Isn't there some way I can just get stable on 1 mg by reducing now and then holding there at 1 before I begin the taper? I'm just being honest here. I want to do what you tell me. I'm just not sure I can do that sick thing even for 24 or so hours.Suggestions?
    Thanks again Robert. You're an angel.
    CG

Question

Quote Originally Posted by charlestongirl View Post
    Robert,
    Thank you so very much for starting this thread out for me. You are the best.

Let me take this opportunity to tell you that I am scared of the induction. Not of the taper process, just being sick again for the induction period. Isn't there some way I can just get stable on 1 mg by reducing now and then holding there at 1 before I begin the taper? I'm just being honest here. I want to do what you tell me. I'm just not sure I can do that sick thing even for 24 or so hours.Suggestions?
    Thanks again Robert. You're an angel.
    CG
    HMMM, this doesn't look right. Hope I did it the right way

HMMM, this doesn't look right. Hope I did it the right way

You did it correctly, but trust me to help you. I promise that I know how to do this and in a very short time you'll be a new person. Have faith and just be naive enough to do as I ask of you.We will do this together and I will take care of you. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Ok Robert. I trust you. If you'll stick with me I can do this. Monday will be the day most likely as I will take my last dose on Sunday am. I have to be back at work on Tuesday am. I'm a nurse practitioner and will need to not be sick as I work a 12 hour shift in a walk in clinic Tuesday. Yikes.
    Thanks and take care,
    CG

Ok Robert. I trust you. If you'll stick with me I can do this. Monday will be the day most likely as I will take my last dose on Sunday am. I have to be back at work on Tuesday am. I'm a nurse practitioner and will need to not be sick as I work a 12 hour shift in a walk in clinic Tuesday. Yikes.
    Thanks and take care,
    CG

Once you are ready for induction scoring a 26 or higher on the COWS (clinical opioid w/d scale) worksheet it will only take me a matter of hours to have you totally stable. It's not necessary to miss any work or suffer through w/d once you are inducted and stable. Here is the link to the COWS worksheet. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/resources/opioi...wal-record.pdf
    Last edited by Robert_325; 03-31-2012 at 04:06 AM.

Thanks Robert. I wanted to rename this thread in the hopes of attracting the attention of someone else who may be starting their taper soon. I'm sure it would help them too. I'm feeling very emotional this morning. Partly because of fear, mostly because I'm so very grateful to have Robert, and all of you, on this forum in my life. There is no one else. I am alone with this monster right now. My family doesn't know. My friends don't know. I just go to work, come home to my black lab and "part time" husband and that's it. Not much of a life, huh? I am not young. I'm 58 years old and I don't think I have another recovery in me. This is it for me. God help me.I was clean and sober for 28 years from >>>>>> and methadone addictions when I was young. I was a fringe member of AA (though alcohol was never my DOC). Mostly because my husband was in AA, I tagged along with him. He remains 35 years clean and sober, an avid old timer in AA now. In my 28 years of clean time, I raised a family, became a nurse practitioner, life was good and normal. I was happy. Then the old empty nest syndrome hit. My kids were my life. During this hard time I had major abdominal surgery and was given percocet after surgery. The beast was awakened. it took me 6 months to act on it, but I found my way back to opiates and began taking vicodin. It lifted my depression, my loneliness, and my life seemed ok. Well, you all know how it goes. I went from 1 a day to 15 10 mg pills a day. Spent my savings, and every paycheck on that stuff. I was sick most of the time near the end because I never had enough money to get enough pills. What a nightmare. So here I am now. Getting ready to start a taper from this suboxone that I have been on for almost 4 weeks now. I'm scared. I'm scared of being sick, I'm scared of the depression that will surely follow. It's such a trigger for me.
    But I am so very grateful to have this forum, to have all of you, and to have Robert in my life. What a blessing. Thank you all for being here. You are amazing to me. Y'all could have moved on with your clean and sober lives, yet here you are, helping others. God bless all of you.
    CG

NoMoreOxy is offline Senior Member

Congratulations on your decision CharlestonGirl. You are doing the right thing. I've read many of Robert's threads and you are in good hands.

BrklynKid is offline Member

CGirl!

Congrats on starting you're own thread. You will see so much support. I wouldn't worry about the Name. Keep Posting and People will Keep Reading about your Story, and chiming in Daily. You'll see you will have New Friends that will check in on you Daily.

I do have One Recommendation for you. Not sure if you took your Dose already today but if not why not start today. Subs are very different then Oxys or Percs (not sure what you were taking before). Subs have a very long half life and might take you a little bit of time to get to 26 on the COWS. I know you are worried about Work on Tuesday so if you can Start as soon as possible. I would think you would be at that point within 24-48 hours but everyone is different.

Good Luck and Trust what you are doing and you will be fine. By this Time Tuesday you will be on your Way to a new life. I was able to work and function the entire time and now I'm 17 Days off Subs and feel like my old self!

Tommy

Thanks Tommy. Your posts are so encouraging. Ok. I will not take my dose tomorrow am. I have to work so hope I'll be ok for that. I seem to not feel so hot after 12 hours only. But I will give it a shot. So glad you're feelong good. Can't wait to be there too.
    Thanks,
    CG

Thanks Tommy. Your posts are so encouraging. Ok. I will not take my dose tomorrow am. I have to work so hope I'll be ok for that. I seem to not feel so hot after 12 hours only. But I will give it a shot. So glad you're feelong good. Can't wait to be there too.
    Thanks,
    CG
    I wasn't aware that you were working tomorrow but even so if you can make it w/out it I think it would be better for you to be induced by Tuesday.

Robert your the expert here, what do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by BrklynKid View Post
    I wasn't aware that you were working tomorrow but even so if you can make it w/out it I think it would be better for you to be induced by Tuesday.

Robert your the expert here, what do you recommend?

She needs to be at a 26 on the COWS to induct. If she didn't take anything today, at least from this point forward, it's possible by tomorrow evening I would be able to induct her and have her totally stable for Monday. A few hours of w/d tomorrow early would be well worth it. God bless

Good morning Robert.
    Hope you have a wonderful day.
    It is 7:30 am here. I took my last sub at 5pm yesterday. Right now I feel a little shaky, my bowels are loose, I have some anxiety and my heart is beating hard at 89 bpm. I have to go to work from 10-2pm today. Not sure I can do this. What would the difference be for me if I tapered from 1.5 mg now instead of inducing?
    Thanks for your help.
    CG

Good morning Robert.
    Hope you have a wonderful day.
    It is 7:30 am here. I took my last sub at 5pm yesterday. Right now I feel a little shaky, my bowels are loose, I have some anxiety and my heart is beating hard at 89 bpm. I have to go to work from 10-2pm today. Not sure I can do this. What would the difference be for me if I tapered from 1.5 mg now instead of inducing?
    Thanks for your help.
    CG

Being at 1.5 mg I would just taper down. I didn't realize you were at that small of a dose already. I couldn't induct you at a dose that would be so much less that it would be worth the hassle for you.

Just taper down 25% every four days and we'll make a plan for how we do the end of this. That is my best advice. God bless.

CG,

How are you feeling? Did you just stick with the 1.5mg 2x a day?

Tommy

Good morning Tommy. Thanks for checking in with me. I am at 1.5 mg per day. 1mg in am and .5 in pm. I'm going to stay here for 4 full days as Robert recommends and then start tapering 25% per the plan. I have a question for you, or Robert-does it make the process easier if one has been on subs a little over a month versus years? I'm feeling ok right now. It helps so much to have all of you here. Thank you again, Tommy, Robert, all of you, for being here. I'm so grateful for all of you.
    Have a great day, Tommy. How are YOU feeling?
    Take care,
    CG

Oops, one other question! Is it normal to feel almost , well, sad, I guess to be giving up the subs? I want to be off them sooo bad. I'm sooo ready to do this. It's not that, I just feel almost sad sometimes to be giving it up. Or is it fear maybe? This doesn't mean I'm not really ready does it?? I can't figure out where those feelings come from as I am so ready to be clean and normal again. I want it so much. Is it just that addict part of me rearing its ugly head or something?
    Take care,
    CG

Oops, one other question! Is it normal to feel almost , well, sad, I guess to be giving up the subs? I want to be off them sooo bad. I'm sooo ready to do this. It's not that, I just feel almost sad sometimes to be giving it up. Or is it fear maybe? This doesn't mean I'm not really ready does it?? I can't figure out where those feelings come from as I am so ready to be clean and normal again. I want it so much. Is it just that addict part of me rearing its ugly head or something?
    Take care,
    CG

You answered your own question. Those feelings are the drugs trying to keep hold of you, they don't want to lose an old friend which is what the meds have become to you. Don't listen to the evil guy sitting on your shoulder telling you not to do this. I promise this will pass, may not be a piece of cake, but this is how you get your life back. You're bright, I know that will make sense to you. God bless.

Thanks Robert.Your words of encouragement mean so much to me and they are so helpful. I am going to do this. This too shall pass. I know that much.
    Thanks a lot, Robert. Will you be around to help me through the end of this when that time comes?
    Take care,
    CG

CG ...... I've been here nearly every day for five years, I don't anticipate going anywhere now! Sure I'll be here. Let me know how I can help you as you go forward.

I don't sit at the computer all day as I'm retired, but I check it often. If you post to me I'll see it and reply the next time I look at the forum. You can do this, and you'll be getting lots of support from others as well. Hang in there. God bless.

SuzieOf is offline Member

Take care,
    CG
    Hello Charlestongirl from Suzie, Seattle girl, lol

I too am impressed and inspired by your story. Just wanted to jump in and tell you that I'm even a bit jealous of you right now. One, for only being on Sub for a few weeks, for me it has been 3 years and two, that you found Robert in time for him to help you. I was already on day 4 of jumping off by myself when I found this site. Today is day 7 but this site has made such a huge difference for me in the few short days I've been here. I am 62 and retired so I have an advantage there but it has been so hard in many ways because I'm hiding from my family and I hate that.

If I had to go to work I would have had to start over because while I thought I was down to a crumb when I jumped off I now realize it was 1mg. and that's not as little as i thought. I didn't think to crush and was using my pill cutter which never cut evenly because when I let go of the pill to cut it would move and trying a razor blade didn't work either... too crumbly Anyway, I could really relate to the sadness to quit that you mentioned. I felt the same way. I had grown to love the taste of the bitter orange under my tongue... it was comforting and at night it always put me to sleep within minutes. But after 3 years wanting to feel my body while on no opiates is stronger for me and again, finding this site has helped tremendously. There is always a huge fear about withdrawals and since I found this site the fear is just about gone. Good luck to you, I have followed threads where people follow Robert's instructions and they have all been incredibly successful. Just be sure to do everything he says and you will be fine. I will be checking your progress and rooting for you my friend

Hi Suzie! Thanks for your post. Funny but I couldn't imagine anyone being jealous of where I am in this whole process! I feel like such a loser right now. I think I'm just having a rough day for some reason. There is no one to talk to about this because , like you, my family doesn't know. They all think it ended with this 7 day inpatient detox I did February 4th. I just didn't have the heart to tell my husband or anyone else that I used the day I got home. I was so sick I couldn't take it. So to come on this forum and read the posts from friends like you and Robert and Tommy, and others that have posted means the world to me. I am so grateful for the support you all give me. Thank you.
    How about you Suzie? Where are you at in this process? Are you 7 days off subs now? How are you doing?
    Keep the posts coming. I would love to be able to help others too. You all give me so much strength and hope. I want to pass on what is given to me.
    Will be looking for your posts.
    Take care Suzie,
    CG
    ClassiqueMom likes this.

Good morning Tommy. Thanks for checking in with me. I am at 1.5 mg per day. 1mg in am and .5 in pm. I'm going to stay here for 4 full days as Robert recommends and then start tapering 25% per the plan. I have a question for you, or Robert-does it make the process easier if one has been on subs a little over a month versus years? I'm feeling ok right now. It helps so much to have all of you here. Thank you again, Tommy, Robert, all of you, for being here. I'm so grateful for all of you.
    Have a great day, Tommy. How are YOU feeling?
    Take care,
    CG
    Hey CG!

You are doing it Girl! If you are feeling good then I would say you are Stable and at your Dose you are going to be Free in No Time! Stay exactly on the Plan though. It's critical to take it the same time and the same dose until you are Stable to Step Down. I had days where I felt that I didn't need it but I took it as instructed. Now I'm 20 Days Off and feel great! I started this taper roughly a month and a couple of weeks ago and I thought I would never get here. If you are Positive and Strong Willed to Be Done with This Life it will be a Breeze and you will see how much better it is on the other side. Don't be Sad about leaving the Subs, I guarantee you this, when you get off them even for a few days you will laugh at that Question! You are doing so good and can't wait to see you in a short time FREE!

Tommy

Hi Suzie! Thanks for your post. Funny but I couldn't imagine anyone being jealous of where I am in this whole process! I feel like such a loser right now. I think I'm just having a rough day for some reason. There is no one to talk to about this because , like you, my family doesn't know. They all think it ended with this 7 day inpatient detox I did February 4th. I just didn't have the heart to tell my husband or anyone else that I used the day I got home. I was so sick I couldn't take it. So to come on this forum and read the posts from friends like you and Robert and Tommy, and others that have posted means the world to me. I am so grateful for the support you all give me. Thank you.
    How about you Suzie? Where are you at in this process? Are you 7 days off subs now? How are you doing?
    Keep the posts coming. I would love to be able to help others too. You all give me so much strength and hope. I want to pass on what is given to me.
    Will be looking for your posts.
    Take care Suzie
    CG
    I am going into day 8 tomorrow and to tell the truth it is painful but it won't be that way for you because you are tapering properly and haven't been on it for years like me. There is one thing that you said that concerns me though. From what I've read Robert posting to others it is important to take the same amount both times of day to be stable. Can you take .75 both times instead of 1. and .50? I've seen him tell people that it is important to take the same amount each time and at the same time each day. Hopefully he will come here and comment. Don't be afraid honey because this method is great and you will be another success story soon like the others who have gone before you with Roberts help.

It is so hard to have to hide this from family. It makes you feel bad about yourself and that's the last thing we need, lol. Is there any chance your husband would be supportive if you told him? I have told a couple of girlfriends who know nothing about subs but they told me I was brave and that felt so good. Try to think of things you have been proud of yourself for in your life and it will give you added strength.

Right now, hot baths are my savior. So grateful to have that. As soon as I get in the water all the aches go away. I'm about to go take one now as it will help me to sleep too. I don't really want to write about what's gong on with my body because our situations are so different and I don't want you to think this is what you have to look forward to. I can't remember if you said you read the thread posted by Elyse. Her situation was more like yours than mine and Robert had her off with ease... it was a pleasure to read. ok hon, will check back with you later. hugs to you

I want to add something about how I got here. I had my second surgery for Crohn's disease.. this year marks 50 years I have had it and have had two re-section surgeries for it. I was on so much medication when I came out of surgery that I couldn't stop crying. I even kept crying while I was asleep and would wake up with my face wet. I don't know what they were giving me but it made me paranoid and I have never experienced that in my life!! I kept having thoughts like the nurses were conspiring against me. I told this to my doctors and they immediately changed my pain medication to something less. That was soooo weird. They sent me home after only a few days and on the second day I had a raging fever and puss coming out of my incision which was stapled!! I had never heard of that before, have you? The incision was from my belly button all the way down to my pubes and stapled all the way. Anyway, I had to be admitted as I had an infection and they ripped it open and sent me home with a gaping hole all the way down to my organs..it was scary. Because they ripped it open it didn't heal evenly and now I feel disfigured.... like I have a butt front and back, lol..very embarrassed about it. I was on oxycontin and something else for breakthrough for months ... I was worried about getting off and the pain of withdrawal and read about suboxone.

The doctor I went to see was a psychiatrist who is going to go to hell I have no doubt. He didn't care about me at all. He put me on a large dose of sub with absolutely no plan.. he just assumed I would be on it my whole life. I believe that when he decided to do the sub he quit doing his therapy and subs were his easy job, easy way to make big bucks. Knowing what I know now I could have taken a different route than sub and would have been a lot better off... I certainly didn't need to take it for 3 years. ok, so that is my story, lol.. off to my bath now. xoxox

Hi all. Robert, quick question-How crucial is it to take my 2 doses at same time everyday? There are times when I get up at 5:30 am for work, and then times I don't have to get up until 8am or so depending on shift I work. I usually dose when I get up and then again around 6pm. But sometimes, like tonight, I couldn't dose until 9pm. Just didn't get the chance at all til then. So my dosing has been kinda scattered. What's your advice? Should I be dosing once only then?
    Thanks, take care,
    CG

Hi all. Robert, quick question-How crucial is it to take my 2 doses at same time everyday? There are times when I get up at 5:30 am for work, and then times I don't have to get up until 8am or so depending on shift I work. I usually dose when I get up and then again around 6pm. But sometimes, like tonight, I couldn't dose until 9pm. Just didn't get the chance at all til then. So my dosing has been kinda scattered. What's your advice? Should I be dosing once only then?
    Thanks, take care,
    CG

It's important to dose the same time each day and the same dose each time. However you don't need to set an alarm clock to do it. Get it as close as possible. We can only do the best that we can. Hope that helps. God bless.

Blepard007 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    It's important to dose the same time each day and the same dose each time. However you don't need to set an alarm clock to do it. Get it as close as possible. We can only do the best that we can. Hope that helps. God bless.
    Hello Robert I am brand new to this site (just registered bout 30min ago). Please forgive me if I am goin about this the wrong way, but a friend of mine sent me here to find you. You did a miracle with helping him and I myself am looking for the same kind of help. I have been on opiates for the last 6 years due to a Rodeo accident that left me with a broken back. I got off the pain pills about a year ago due to time spent in jail for DUI. It was horrible goin thru that in jail "Cold Turkey". I was locked up for 3months, and stayed clean for bout 9months after being released. I recently had shingles and was given lortab. I made the stupid mistake thinking I had the addiction beat and to make a long story short I was pretty much back to where I left off in about a months time. I started taking suboxone for the first time in my life and my Dr. had me taking 8mg strips twice daily. I never took it like I was prescribed I decided I was gonna knock this out faster than what the Dr. had told me it would take. I immediately started only taking 4mg strip once daily for a week and now I am at 4mg every other day. Not feeling great but not sick either just feel like I'm tired and not motivated to do anything but lie around. My question to you was this a smart decision I made or should I have done what my Dr. said. Also if I did do the right thing where should I go from here and how long can I expect to be on suboxone. If I don't get control of this and get off of all the med. completely I am scared that I will be back where I was a few years ago. I have a beautiful wife and two beautiful small kids that are depending on me more now than they ever have I can't lose this battle....I just can't.
    If this post was not sent right or if I interrupted anyone's thread I am so sorry and do apologize. I just didn't know how to go about getting this to you. Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by Blepard007 View Post
    Hello Robert I am brand new to this site (just registered bout 30min ago). Please forgive me if I am goin about this the wrong way, but a friend of mine sent me here to find you. You did a miracle with helping him and I myself am looking for the same kind of help. I have been on opiates for the last 6 years due to a Rodeo accident that left me with a broken back. I got off the pain pills about a year ago due to time spent in jail for DUI. It was horrible goin thru that in jail "Cold Turkey". I was locked up for 3months, and stayed clean for bout 9months after being released. I recently had shingles and was given lortab. I made the stupid mistake thinking I had the addiction beat and to make a long story short I was pretty much back to where I left off in about a months time. I started taking suboxone for the first time in my life and my Dr. had me taking 8mg strips twice daily. I never took it like I was prescribed I decided I was gonna knock this out faster than what the Dr. had told me it would take. I immediately started only taking 4mg strip once daily for a week and now I am at 4mg every other day. Not feeling great but not sick either just feel like I'm tired and not motivated to do anything but lie around. My question to you was this a smart decision I made or should I have done what my Dr. said. Also if I did do the right thing where should I go from here and how long can I expect to be on suboxone. If I don't get control of this and get off of all the med. completely I am scared that I will be back where I was a few years ago. I have a beautiful wife and two beautiful small kids that are depending on me more now than they ever have I can't lose this battle....I just can't.
    If this post was not sent right or if I interrupted anyone's thread I am so sorry and do apologize. I just didn't know how to go about getting this to you. Thank you so much

It would be better to start your own thread as you'll get more support.

You need to be on one specific dose daily, take the same amount each day at the same time etc. Here is a link to how I do this on the forum. Read it closely. Then pick a forum, like Need to Talk, post a new thread to me putting my name in the title somehow so I'll notice it and we'll work on getting you clean. It's not that difficult if we do this properly. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    surfdog likes this.

Hi All,
    Just checking in. Wondering how Suzie and Tommy and Robert are. I'm ok. This is going to be ok. I have stalled though in my taper. I was feeling uncomfortable and unstable for some reason and decided to hold here at 1.25 for a minute.(hope that is ok Robert?)Then I'll keep plodding along!
    I wanted to clarify something and get some feedback if possible. It isn't the subs I was feeling sad about giving up. I actually don't like them or the way they make me feel-slightly edgy sometimes, sweaty and a headache sometimes.BUT I feel normal on them as far as not having cravings and no withdrawal. I think that's what I'm afraid of losing. It has been nice to not even want to use, and nice, of course, not to have any withdrawals.
    Hope everyone is doing well.
    Peace and love to all of you,
    CG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast