Cash only for suboxone
    LadyTenn422 is offline Junior Member

Default Cash only for suboxone

Okay I am posting this on a new thread cuz its so important to me that you guys read this. Full blown panic guys, I called the one doc here town who does the suboxone program, and he DOES NOT accept insurance. Cash only.
    The initial visit is 450 (meds not included) need to be seen twice montly after that and 200 per visit. Remember, now, I havent been blowing tons of money on my Drugs, just the 5 dollar copay. I called like a million docs within a 30 mile radius and not a ONE of them took insurance. Cheapest one (and fartherst away) was 200 initial visit. Two randon drug screens weekly at 40 apiece, and twice monthly 150 visits. Not including meds. Oh My Gosh you guys, I was really psyched and felt confident that with the help of sub i could really do it, and be successful this time.

Now, I am once again terrified. I dont know what to do, I cant keep this up forever or I know that i will surely be dead, either from seizure or overdose or something. Please guys, and ideas would be so greatly appreciated. I shouldnt have counted my chickens before they hatched. Thanks in advance for any info or ideas, please help if you can. I am really afraid, now.

butchy yost is offline Member

yeah that sounds crazy! these docs are really trying to get over on us...

where do you live? your best bet is to find a state or county hospital near you that has a substance abuse clinic or program, that was the only way I found that I could afford the sub. if you tell me where you are (on here or a private mess.), I will try to help you find a place. It sucks that people who want to get better are being taken advantage of like this.

Its ok, I live in TN closest city to me is Johnson City, or maybe Kingsport or Bristol? Do you know of any who have ever helped anyone like me? Its really good insurance, I am just so frustrated and dont know what to do!!! Thanks so much in advance

butchy yost is offline Member

check out this link:
    http://www.theagapecenter.com/Treatm.../Tennessee.htm

I noticed a Woodridge Hospital in Johnson City that is non profit and treats substance abuse, i would give them a call and see...also a few others in the nearby cities you mentioned. Hope this helps.

As a sidenote, it sounds like you need a good psychiatrist to deal with your issues more so than suboxone. I know you feel like getting off the opiates will be good, but it will not help you if you are not treating the other issues causing you to abuse them. In fact stopping the opiates alone, will probably make you feel even worse than you do now...good luck and try to find an understanding psychiatrist to help you thru this process.

Survivor23 is offline Junior Member

Default I feel sorry for you.

When I first went to my doctor he asked me if I had insurance. I said no, and he told me it would be 150 initial visit because it takes a while, 50 the next day because he needed to check on me.

50 dollars weekly for my check up and urine screens were included.

Doctors over where you at seem like they don't really want to help anyone.

Feeldastng is offline New Member

What you might do is instead of looking for docs that treat it is look for clinical trial doctors. thats what i did cause i had the same prob. with it being so expensive and I had a buddy of mine tell about this doc. that does these clinical trials. And this is what I'm currently in right now, i started off by applying for the program and (if they see you really are trying to get help and not just get the drugs then they more than likely will enroll you) this current trial is they insert implants in your arm and the implants is just another form of suboxne except instead of having to take it orally its constantly in your system for 6 months so you dont have to remember to take it and cant just stop taking the pill and relapse you honestly dont have a choice! (which for me it would have been to easy to stop taking the suboxne and sell it to get my oxys) But seeing how its still in the "trial state" THEY PAY YOU!!! For every UA i give its $30 and for everytime i go in to see the doc its $20.... And while your applying and waiting for your implants they GIVE you suboxne.

But there is a catch only 2 out of 3 patients get the actual implants and the 1 gets what they call a placebo or the "control" of the experiment.. but if your the one that gets the placebo they still give you suboxne or you can request to get another implant... but thats the road i would try and take

I want to thank you all for your thougtful and heartfelt posts. I really need them right now. I called anotehr doc in Johnson City, and he has the 150 initial visit, and 30a week after that, and i think my insurance covers the meds, and he is only 30 miles away!!! I think I am going to get this check i wss hoping for from my retirement when i worked for the state, and i may be able to use that to start the program, I dont know how long it will take for the check to get here, or how long it takes to get appts, etc started up. Some places just have you show up, but they are generally more expensive.

Again, thanks so much for listening, any advice is greatly appreciated!! I need the support right now and you guys are amazing!!

I am still trying guys, gonna call a few more places and then i will post onhere and let you know my absolute cheapest option, and what help i can get. I really do so wnat to get better, just so hard to come by the cash. my pills were nothing but a 5 dollar copay, so who knows. ANyway, i will post back with the news.

********************, the one place that takes insurance doesnt take MY insurance. Its really good too, my hubby is a state employee. I just dont see how something that can be so wonderful and helpful needs to be so hard/impossible to afford???? YOu guys are great with your thoughts and suggestions and i truly appreciate it. Much love

sky7228 is offline Member

Default LadyTenn

Just because they dont take your insurance doesnt mean your insurance doesnt take them...What I mean is call and speak with your insurance company and see if they will reinburse you. I worked in Health Insurance for years and if a member saw a doc that didnt accept us a lot of times they could go see the doc and then send us there receipts and claim forms (which a customer service rep at your insurance could help you with) and we would reinburse them directly. Although they may only pay you back at out of network rates so you may want to make sure you have out of network coverage. Anyway its worth calling and speaking to Customer Service Rep about. Good Luck and I hope your Thanksgiving hasnt been to bad, I have been lurking and keeping up with the post.. Sky

thanks its not too bad yet, but i feel it coming on.. I am gonna use the xanax to ease some fo the withdrawals, tomorrow is what I dread, and then Saturday finally some relief....Thank you for following up with me..Im jsut scared of withdrawals.....

sky7228 is offline Member

Default Ladytenn

I know what you mean, I dread tommorrow also. I was suppose to go c/t the other day but I changed my mind and decided to wait until after today. I actually took a 10 mg oxycontin at noon and that is it for me, I have no more...this time tommorrow I will be in full blown w/d's, oh well its gotta to happen and it has got to be now. I will be so glad when I get past day 3, those were the hardest days last time. I have got to get through this, I keep thinking everytime I take something I am just slowly killing myself and its stupid that I am letting a pill control my life!!! God, I just want to beat this so bad...

I will pray for you and you pray for me. We can do this. God, I dread it soooo bad, I know how bad it hurts. I have some xanax and some phenegren (antinausea) to help and thats it, but it should help some. I just dont feel good right now. I have to get a check tomorrow and cash it and go get money orders etc.. etc. in full blown withdrawal....ugggg. I wish the best recovery possible for you, and you are in my thoughts and prayers......love Becky