Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
Can't keep doing this
    Robert_325 is offline Retired

Default Can't keep doing this

I have spent five years of my life on this forum at times around the clock literally. I am not cancelling my account with drugs.com, I am not refusing to answer questions and help as I am able. But I can not continue to answer three and four posts from one person in a day any longer. That just isn't fair to expect of me. I can't continue to just sit at this computer screen like this is my job. I am not able to continue walking people from sub inductions day by day through the tapers to their clean date by myself. I can make suggestions as time permits but I have put great effort into writing the sub therapy sticky post which explains the sub therapy process in great detail for getting clean. There are countless people on this forum who have successfully used the process and are capable of answering questions, they all don't have to be directed to me or answered by me alone.

I am entering a new season in my life. I am more involved than ever in my church teaching weekly classes. I require my own time for personal Bible studies. I am looking at the possibility of starting a new company of my own and am doing lots of groundwork as we speak to test markets, building my web site myself, researching suppliers, anyone who has started a significant manufacturing/sales company knows the work that is involved taking on an endeavor like this. At my age this will be the last time I even consider undertaking such a project. I still have my family life as well as maintaining Melinda's and my property making constant improvements as time and funds permit.

I will continue with any commitments I've previously made on the forum but as of today I am asking for some of the others who've had success achieving significant clean time to step forward and take up some of the slack. I can't do what I have done the last five years any longer than it takes me to fulfill the promises I've already made. Once I have fulfilled those promises my time on the forum will be cut back.

I wish everyone the best, I am still available, but only at times that are going to be workable for me. Life is about change and I am taking some of my own life back for myself and my family. Moving forward with our lives is what recovery is about and I've paid my dues. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 07-02-2012 at 09:01 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

bump to the top!!!!
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

DDAVE45 is offline Member

i will def. step up Robert....i promise that i will do more than i have lately....i owe that to you and this forum.
    Chrissytee and Robert_325 like this.

Anonymous Guest

Word up! I'll help when I feel like I'm able. No one person should bear all of this responsibility! Especially w as much info is on this forum here already.
    Robert_325 likes this.

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

hi robert!

i was laying in bed last night, thinking i need to post the 'new events' of our journey here,
    ....... but, i just didn't FEEL like it .......

that thought, brought YOU to my mind! .. i thought.. God Bless Robert, how many times that
    man must NOT have felt like being on the computer.. and yet, you do it, again, and again,
    and again.... over... and over... and over... probably thousands of times over the years..
    .... and of course, those thoughts turned into prayer for you...

(between you and me.. I went to bed exceptionally early last night.. i do that mostly when
    i'm sad.. (but that's beside the point).. the thing is.. i went to bed about 8:30 .. and i
    stand in awe to figure out that about the time you were posting, was about the same time
    that i was praying for you... never!! ceases!! to amaze me.. how The Holy Spirit works..

---------

with that said.. you know i wish you the very best in everything you persue.. the help
    you've given over the years, will live on in the soooo many others you have helped..
    you will be missed! tho, i know you'll still be here, (behind the scenes), no doubt,
    not as often, and that's! good! for you! and melissa! ..

i'm sure 'the family' here, will step up to the plate as necessary..
    i'm starting to ramble.. so, i'll finish up this post..

May God bless your endeavors to serve Him as you move on..

just know, you hold a veryyy specialll place in sooooo many hearts! mine included!!

Classique MoM

p.s. .. you know, i have found 'the trials of this life' serve to make my hope of heaven
    sooooo much sweeter! I lQQk forward to meeting you there someday! (after you're done
    laying alllll those crowns you've earned, at His feet!) God Bless Y*O*U, richly!
    Last edited by ClassiqueMom; 07-03-2012 at 06:13 AM.
    P - R - A - Y - E - R
    When life gets too hard to stand...KNEEL !

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

As I said to you via email, Go for it, take care of what you need to and live your life. As Blue said, I am here, I have no intention of going anywhere, although sometimes I (we) get burned out here coming on here day in day out.. The fact is, your method is on here all over the place and can be found easily. So, us ol timers will lend a hand when we can. Operative word is "when we can".. SUB therapy, in my opinion is something that is not as robotic as it seems and I would not feel comfortable doing the things you have done over the years; however, moral support and the 5 day principle is what I can advise on and will contine to do so... Go take care of things POTUS, LAUGH, LIVE, LOVE dude... Your buddy, Reid

Thanks, guys! I appreciate your support! God bless.
    caughtagain likes this.

Chrissytee is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Thanks, guys! I appreciate your support! God bless.
    I just like to say Thank You from the bottom of my heart. I don't know if you know how much your help has changed my life
    I was actually thinking some thoughts that was definitely not going to get me into heaven when I found this site and came upon your taper plan (Gods work). I was at the end of my rope and had no clue what to do. Words cannot explain how the help you've given me in one months time has changed my life especially with my family . I wish you well in your future endeavours and pray that God keeps you well. So until the next time we ever come across each others post may God Bless you always. Thanks Robert!!!!
    Robert_325 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissytee View Post
    I just like to say Thank You from the bottom of my heart. I don't know if you know how much your help has changed my life
    I was actually thinking some thoughts that was definitely not going to get me into heaven when I found this site and came upon your taper plan (Gods work). I was at the end of my rope and had no clue what to do. Words cannot explain how the help you've given me in one months time has changed my life especially with my family . I wish you well in your future endeavours and pray that God keeps you well. So until the next time we ever come across each others post may God Bless you always. Thanks Robert!!!!

Chrissy .... You know that I give God the glory for everything good I do in my life. I am nothing without Him and if that has affected your life that means everything to me. I mean that sincerely!

I mentioned in the original post on this thread that I would continue to help those I had promised to stick this out with, and that list includes you! So keep in touch with me and I will still be here for you to make sure you end up a success story. I don't break my promises. So please keep me posted of your progress or problems that may come your way. God bless.
    Chrissytee and ClassiqueMom like this.

bppb is offline Member

I also will step in and do my fair share of advice giving and lending a helping hand with my experience so far. I too will help be able to help others when I am a success story in the near future.

Anonymous Guest

......oy veh.....!
    as Reid would say.....

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Robert My Friend,

You know how I feel about you and what you have done here for all of us. I was maybe in "lost" mode when I showed up and you took me in and got me going. Just know and rest easy as I am learning as I go and will certainly help anyone I can when I build up some clean time. You have taught me so well and I really appreciate that.

Like I promised in the beginning, I will give back as much as I can when the time is right. You take the time you need to do what makes you happy. We are all better for just knowing you! Take care and I wish you the very best, along with Melinda. You are both amazing! Bless you both.

Big Hugs,
    Karen
    Robert_325 and Chrissytee like this.

pgcc is offline Member

I hope my post didn't get you stressed. Like I said I may have a problem with my ingternet connection this weekend when I'll be doing the induction. Since you said you would help, and I really appreciate it, I thought I would make you aware of that problem and maybe make alternative options. I guess I can do this by myself going by your sticky, it seems pretty self explanatory. I just felt more comfortable with you helping. I'm sorry that I put you in that position.

pgcc is offline Member

if i still have internet i would still love you to help me through the induction.

Quote Originally Posted by pgcc View Post
    if i still have internet i would still love you to help me through the induction.
    I will plan on helping you with the induction as I promised as long as you have an internet connection. I don't break promises. Keep me posted of your status on the COWS worksheet. God bless.

Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member

You and so many others are angels from god in my mind. To dedicate your time to help others in need. You have no idea how much your and others support means to us. Glad you are taking time for yourself, your wive and your dreams. Can't thank you and others enough for what you have done for so many of us. Good luck with your new endeavors and know that everyone here supports YOU. Take care Robert. You deserve the best and also time for yourself and for your family. Just wanted to say that real quick. You truly are a special human being.
    Chrissytee likes this.

pgcc is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I will plan on helping you with the induction as I promised as long as you have an internet connection. I don't break promises. Keep me posted of your status on the COWS worksheet. God bless.
    Great. I just hope they don't shut my cable, idiot landlord, anyway I saved the cows chart and the sticky to word just in case I have no internet when I need to do this. If I do I am drinking my last dose on fri. morning then I will wait to see when I get to the 26. I no you r busy I see how many people seek out your help so I really appreciate it, w/o you I probably would not be going forward with it.
    Last edited by pgcc; 07-04-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pgcc View Post
    Great. I just hope they don't shut my cable, idiot landlord, anyway I saved the cows chart and the sticky to word just in case I have no internet when I need to do this. If I do I am drinking my last dose on fri. morning then I will wait to see when I get to the 26. I no you r busy I see how many people seek out your help so I really appreciate it, w/o you I probably would not be going forward with it.

If you have to when you get close to being at the 26 score go to a library. They always have computers and you can get access there as a last resort. Drugs.com is accessible on the library computers as I've been on here from a library myself before. There is no reason why you can't get computer access. This is a computerized world, there is always a computer available if you make it a priority to get to one.

Surely a friend or family member would allow you to use their computer as a last resort for a couple hours. Saving your life is pretty important, find a computer. And I still say you should take your last dose of methadone on Thursday morning, not Friday! You're going to be cutting it really close even doing it Thursday morning to be ready on Sunday afternoon or evening. You do it on Friday and you'll be sick as a dog when the first of the week comes around trying to get to that 26 score. And there is NO fudging on that score of 26! God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 07-04-2012 at 11:15 AM.

kathleen5hockey is offline Advanced Member

Robert, I have tears in my eyes. Tears of happiness and sadness. Am so happy you found Melinda and have created the life you deserve. God led me to you, we both know that. Without you during the past 4 yrs I really don't know what I would have done. You advised me, educated me and prayed for my family and me. Have to say, you were always right when it came to Amy. Without ever meeting you I feel so close. Melinda and you gave so much to me. I want you to know my family and I have survived BECAUSE of you! God bless you! It is time to take care of business. I will continue to post on my thread to keep you update. You know Amy better than anyone else. I know Melinda and you care.

Good luck my friend.
    Robert_325 likes this.

Kathleen .... I won't be leaving or closing my account, I'll still stay in touch with you. I just can't make my life so much about this forum any longer as I have other things that have become bigger priorities to me. I have donated enough to this forum over five years time for free. It's time for me to make changes in my life and something has to give. The time I spend on this forum is what has to change as it takes entirely too much of my time and energy. I end up mad here half the time, receive little to no support, and that isn't good for me as a person or as a Christian! It's turned into a situation where I get very little back from it but hassles, arguments and things that upset me. That isn't what God wants me placing my focus on!

I love seeing people change their lives for the better. That is why I've done this for so long. But now it's time for me to change my own life for the better and I need time of my own to accomplish that goal.

We will be in touch. If you have a question you can post it to me. I won't unsubscribe from your thread and I'll see your post in my inbox. Glad to hear Amy is doing so much better. Take care and God bless.

Need to bump this to the top. Getting lots of messages and I am very busy today.

MetalDuckMFC is offline Senior Member

I just wanted to say that you are a saint, Robert, and you deserve you own life. You spend so much tinme helping other people, and very little for yourself. I have always been amazed at the sheer amount of people you help at one time. I'm happy to hear that you're going to concentrate on yourself, for once.

Thank you for everything that you do.

-Bobby
    ClassiqueMom and Chrissytee like this.

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Robert... Chloe relapsed... need ya pal! I WILL NOT BUY ANY MORE TENNIS BALLS Tough love brother, Tough love!
    Robert_325 and Strong Desire like this.

Quote Originally Posted by caughtagain View Post
    Robert... Chloe relapsed... need ya pal! I WILL NOT BUY ANY MORE TENNIS BALLS Tough love brother, Tough love!
    HaHaHaHa! Reid you are one cray dude and I mean that in the best way possible! Laughing my head off right now. I can picture a guy going to a sporting goods store and buying up ALL the tennis balls available! HaHaHaHa! Made this girl laugh so hard I am crying!

Hugs,
    Karen
    Robert_325 and caughtagain like this.

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

good to see you, bobby!! (MetalDuckMFC)

praying all is well!
    Classique MoM
    P - R - A - Y - E - R
    When life gets too hard to stand...KNEEL !

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Desire View Post
    HaHaHaHa! Reid you are one cray dude and I mean that in the best way possible! Laughing my head off right now. I can picture a guy going to a sporting goods store and buying up ALL the tennis balls available! HaHaHaHa! Made this girl laugh so hard I am crying!

Hugs,
    Karen

I meant "one CRAZY dude" of course! HaHaHaHa! Still laughing over that one Reid!

Karen

p.s. And when the salesman asks if you want to look at a tennis racquet for all those tennis balls you are buying, you reply that "no thank you....they are for my dog". HaHaHaHa! So funny!
    Last edited by Strong Desire; 07-05-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    caughtagain likes this.

rxqueen83 is offline Member

Hey Robert,
    I completely understand and support your decision 110%. I knew there had to be a time when it would come to this. Nobody can do what you do and continue to actively participate in their own life. I'm sure this forum has even helped you to stay on the right path, given you an additional thing to stay clean for and helped your recovery as well. Now is time to keep moving forward. We will all be here to back you up in your decision. I would like to personally thank you for your time, attention, wisdom and dedication to myself and others. I wish you and Melinda the best. Thanks for everything you do.
    Nadia

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Wishing you the best of Life, Robert! I will be here to pitch in more. No one will be able to replace you, but you have to live your own life as well. Thanks for everything you have done!

Uh, Reid, Tennis Balls? Are they easy to swallow? And geez. Tennis balls are like, what, 1.99 a can? Boy, Chloe thinks you're cheap.

Rose
    Strong Desire likes this.

Thanks for the kind words guys and ladies! Been out all day playing and putting together some marketing plans. Just needed to physically check out some things around the city for my initial promotion. It feels good to be doing something that is going to make ME feel like I'm accomplishing things again! Having a blast building our web site and using my mind for things other than strictly doing sub tapers for a change. I know that we'll be a success, we're just picking up where we left off a few years ago.

Reid you've got to get those tennis balls away from Chloe! You know addiction is a family disease. Get her some help now before it gets serious! Don't let her get you to relapse! Maybe you should go to a meeting together! I had to get Roxie swimming in the pool to occupy herself. It's worked wonders for her. You know that exercise is a great help in detoxing.

I will still be on and off the forum, it's just impossible to run any venture of significance sitting at the forum screen all day. I'll be around as often as I'm able. God bless to all.
    MP5 and Chrissytee like this.

MetalDuckMFC is offline Senior Member

I am doing fantastic, Classique! Thank you for asking. I just haven't had a lot of tine to post much. My sister is fibally out of prison, so she and her kid are living here now. Between work, and helping to raise my 1 year old nephew, I am pretty exhausted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast