Cannabis + Clonazepam?
    StoneMagnet is offline New Member

Default Cannabis + Clonazepam?

Hey,

This past weekend I had a horrible panic attack, so on Tuesday I decided to go to the doctor. He prescribed me Rivotril (Clonazepam). I have to take half a pill in the morning and half at night. I also got a blood test and a cardiogram. The doctor said that the average heartbeats per minute is 70-80, and mine was around 100. He said it was probably because of all the caffiene I consume. He told me not to consume any caffiene or anything that would make my heart race, and to come back in 2 weeks. The blood tests showed that I was fairly normal.

Tomorrow, April 20th, is called "National Weed Smoking Day" by some, and I do smoke it occasionally. I was just wondering, would it be alright to smoke a bit of pot while taking Clonazepam? Do they not mix well? Weed does make your heart rate speed up a bit as well, so I'm not sure. Would it matter too much if I smoked a bit? I just want to make sure.

Thanks in advance.

ScorpF4 is offline Member

Dude you can take it from me, YOU WILL BE FINE MIXING COLONZAPAM and WEED! why do i know this? because i have done it before, so has all my friends.. Where i live everyone is rich and me and my group of friends have experienced every single drug and combination of drugs u can think off, except >>>>>> that drug is not seen/heard/done around my part of town. But everything else is. From oxycontin to LSD to Xanax to Natural legal herbs... im tellin ya that weed and kpins actually will be an enjoyable experience! i wish i had some kolopins for today..

klonopin333 is offline New Member

what up sonemagnet.Other than added sedation and drowsiness you have nothing to worry about.I stopped smoking weed april of last year.I was smoking everyday(alot)for ten years.Every flavor,strand known to man.I have also been on klonopin for ten years,and still am.I never had any problems except for being to tired to enjoy my high.So I would suggest you wait for you klonopin to reach its pinacle effect so you know how much weed to smoke or not smoke depending on how strong the klonopin has hit you.Its easier to gauge how high you will get off marijuana than it is klonopin,especially if you take it on an empty stomach.If you suffer from deppression...lay off man.I do.The combination holds no immediate danger,however if you're suffering from emotional problems like me use your judgement.Weed took it toll on my lungs.I cant smoke it anymore,smoke one for me.

jjbellinski is offline Member

I would encourage you not ot stay on the Colonazepam (Klonopin) very long. It can cause you some serious problems and can be very hard to get off with horrendous w/d.

JJ

scottydont is offline New Member

Default Clonazepam treatment

I recently was in and out of hospital complaining on not being able to breathe, as well as numbness in the extremities. after running every possible test the could over a 3 day period (because my only symptoms were the breathing and the numbness.) At this time they believe that i suffer from a panic disorder and have prescribed Ativan (Lorazepam) as well as Clonazapam to treat this. It has helped quite a bit but the struggling out breath is still slightly there. has anyone had this happen to them?? Just want to be sure it is a panic disorder
    Scotty Dont

JPerry811 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by scottydont View Post
    I recently was in and out of hospital complaining on not being able to breathe, as well as numbness in the extremities. after running every possible test the could over a 3 day period (because my only symptoms were the breathing and the numbness.) At this time they believe that i suffer from a panic disorder and have prescribed Ativan (Lorazepam) as well as Clonazapam to treat this. It has helped quite a bit but the struggling out breath is still slightly there. has anyone had this happen to them?? Just want to be sure it is a panic disorder
    Scotty Dont
    Scotty-
    About 10 months ago I went to the er for the same exact reason- mostly i felt like i couldnt breathe, and i lose feelings in my fingers, arm, and sometimes other parts of my body. Shortly thereafter, I was diagnosed with panic disorder. I was prescribed Trazodone, because I could not sleep through the night without waking up having a panic attack, and Klonopin, and as well as the 40 mg of Celexa that I have on for 5 years, we added another 10mg for me to take at night. In order to determine how accurate your doctor's diagnosis is I think it's really important for you to consider how quickly the numbness comes on, and your feeling like you can't breathe. We determined that I lose feeling in my hand and such because of Aura migraines (without the headache- lucky me) and that my panic is a result to my hypochondriasis and assuming that I'm having a stroke. All in all, the medications have really helped. I only take klonopin when i'm having an attack- and unless im really high (which i don't really smoke anymore) I don't have attacks that frequently, so this is slightly preventative in the risk of my having withdrawal symptoms from the medication.
    Now that I have told you a large part of my psychological life story, I hope I have provided some insight. I haven't considered the date of when your post was so I don't know how outdated this is, but I hope it gives you some help.
    All the Best,
    Jill

Swapler is offline New Member

Default Fluoxetine+olanzipine+lamotrigine+clonazepam+canna bis

I've been simultaneously on prozac(fluoxetine),zydis(olanzapine),lamotrigine, clonazepam and cannabis. There have been no noticed immediate adverse side effects. But resperidone is not so good. But yah clonazepam and weed is fine, better even. I've only had positive experiences there.