Can you mix Percocet and Morphine?
    stylngurl is offline Junior Member

Default Can you mix Percocet and Morphine?

Can you mix these meds?
    Stylngurl

Siddhartha07 is offline Junior Member

Yes, you can; they are from the same group - opioides.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by stylngurl View Post
    Can you mix these meds?

Why would anyone need to mix these meds? Drs are not likely going to prescribe morphine and percocets together. It's more simple to adjust the dose of one medication vs doing this.

There is always a risk for respiratory depression when mixing multiple medications in this class of drugs together. Check the drugs in the drug interaction checker at the top of the page. That is always your best bet. Be careful.

Default can you mix?

how many hours apart should I take these?
    Stylngurl

how many hours apart should I take these?

stylngurl .... I just want to make a couple of personal comments here if I may. Please understand that I am not judging you. No one has messed up more times than I have in my life. I only have your best interest at heart.

You know that you and I have spoken on the forum several times since you became a member. That is the only reason I feel justified in talking to you here. I have watched you struggle as you tapered down off the methadone so that you could make the switch over to suboxone and ultimately get totally clean from all opiates.

You went from 60mg of methadone a day on July 1st down to 30mg just a month ago. You did well. Then you went on a 16 day suboxone detox. You have struggled with this process for months making sacrifices to get clean. Why are you doing this now and throwing it all out the window??? After all the effort you put into it why would do this? It just doesn't make any sense.

I really had hoped for you that you were going to be a success story rather than a relapse story. Or am I missing something here? I am only responding to the post you have made. What's up kid???

Default can you mix

Well its a long story....the clinic I was going to was a crock, the suboxone was given to me incorrectly. So needless to say I am back at square one. I am going back on the methadone next week. its seemed to work best for me...
    Stylngurl

Well its a long story....the clinic I was going to was a crock, the suboxone was given to me incorrectly. So needless to say I am back at square one. I am going back on the methadone next week. its seemed to work best for me...

Thanks for answering me after I kind of started hassling you. I appreciate that. I don't know about the methadone clinic you went to but I remember us talking about the suboxone and I agree that you were never dosed properly. It really makes me think that if you got on the suboxone again but did it properly this time it would still work for you.

If you think about it and decide to give it another try I am more than willing to help you. Suboxone is easier to get off after you are clean a while than the methadone is. Methadone is good but usually for the long term. Stay in touch gurl. Let me know if I can help you. God bless.

PBJiffy is offline New Member

I had back surgery (fusion) on July 25th. My doctor prescribed both Morphine and Percocet as well as Flexeril and Valium. He stated that it was to ensure the pain was kept to a minimum and also to keep me relaxed. Boy, have is been relaxed, never slept so much in my life.

I entered the search terms "can Morphine and Percocet be taken together" and discovered this forum. Two things:

1) Doctors obviously prescribe these medications together ; and
    2) Has anyone ever taken these two drugs at the same time or is there a minimum time period between the two drugs that should be adhered to?

I woke up late so I ended up taking my Percocet and Valium at 9:15 am, instead of my normal 8:00 am dosage. My normal Morphine dosage is 10:00 am. So, do I adjust the time on the Morphine or just take it on schedule. In other words, has this happened with any of the members of this forum?

Thank you,
    Joe

whatsinaname is offline Platinum Member

Hey Joe,

Were not doctors, so I would check with your pharmacist.